Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg (1759 Views)

Nigerians To Learn Modern Mining In Australia - Dele Alake / Amitolu Shittu: Lawmakers, Ex-governors Behind Illegal Mining In Osun / Video Of Illegal Gold Mining In Kano Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by kayodecole2020: 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
Bravura Holdings Ltd., owned by Nigerian billionaire Benedict Peters, has $1 billion available for the development of a platinum mine in Zimbabwe, its country manager said.

The 3,000 hectare (7,413-acre) concession where it plans to dig the mine is in Selous, 80 kilometers (50 miles) south of Zimbabwe’s capital Harare and close to existing platinum mines.

“From where we are now, we will go to resource definition, after that we will go to resource modeling, after mine development and then mine construction,” Lionel Mhlanga, Bravura’s manager in the southern African country, said in an interview at the mine on Nov. 6. “Those are all things that should happen in the next 18 months.”
Bravura is one of a number of little-known companies that have secured platinum concessions in Zimbabwe as the government seeks to kick start its stagnant economy. Still, established platinum miners haven’t announced plans to expand their operations. While Zimbabwe has the world’s third-largest platinum group metal reserves, investors have been deterred by frequent changes to mining laws and currency policies.

In addition to Bravura, Russian and Cypriot companies have announced plans to invest in Zimbabwean platinum mines.

For more on Zimbabwe’s platinum plans click here

Peters owns Aiteo Eastern E & P Company Ltd., Nigeria’s biggest domestic oil producer, but has little experience in mining.

Still, the group also intends to explore mining lithium, rare earth minerals and tin in Zimbabwe, Mhlanga said.

It’s also seeking to mine cobalt in the Democratic Republic of Congo, copper in Zambia, gold in Ghana and iron ore in Guinea, he said. Namibia and Botswana could also be options for the company, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-11/nigerian-billionaire-plans-to-dig-platinum-mine-in-zimbabwe
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by Fasindo: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
shocked

Ebonyi Amaka

Peter the Aiteo Eastern E & P Company Ltd. upon u I will develop platinum of Zimbabwe.

Now I knw y igbos are called developers, no country in d world that seeks to develop without bringing Igbos to their economy.
If its in Nigeria it would have been giving to one Indimi in Borno.

Esut Amaka
Uniben Amaka

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by Unklekelvin: 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
This is massive
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by Dbboy(m): 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
Wow
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by BennyDGreat: 7:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nice. Nigeria has many silent billionaires

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by wakaman: 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
Weldone! Better yamree. kiss
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by Bkayyy: 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by pk2me: 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2020
One of our politician is behind the business forget the name.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by Vikkoh(m): 10:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
pk2me:
One of our politician is behind the business forget the name.

Baba Bourdillion comes to mind angry angry
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by Vyzz: 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
grin grin

Cashing out soon
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by EMMY76: 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
Is the owner from ebonyi state?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by defashan: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
You all should sharrap and calm down. Benedict Peters is not an Ibo man. He might have been born in Abakaliki but he is not an Ibo man.

Igbos will claim anyone till they slap your flat heads like Oliseh and Wike did to you. Stop claiming people. Let people claim you instead. What’s wrong with you developers and claimers abi na claimants.

Igbos and Igbos, stop claiming people that don’t know that you exist. Is the beating Wike have you people not enough? Do you want more slappings and beat downs??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
Ben Peters = Master. Who no know before?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by prince2pac(m): 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
defashan:
You all should sharrap and calm down. Benedict Peters is not an Ibo man. He might have been born in Abakaliki but he is not an Ibo man.

Igbos will claim anyone till they slap your flat heads like Oliseh and Wike did to you. Stop claiming people. Let people claim you instead. What’s wrong with you developers and claimers abi na claimants.

Igbos and Igbos, stop claiming people that don’t know that you exist. Is the beating Wike have you people not enough? Do you want more slappings and beat downs??

Ezigbo onye ngbu... Nna kee ihe n'ewe gi...
kitikpa racha gi onu.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by sapientia(m): 2:28am On Nov 14, 2020
State governors and FG would have frustrated him jn Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by Ikinternational: 3:19am On Nov 14, 2020
defashan:

There's so many igbo advisors on nairaland.
I wonder how much the job pays sef
Some people have the hook up but refuse to share

Selfish bastards

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by Prosperchuks1344(m): 3:24am On Nov 14, 2020
1billion dollars? that's a lot of money men..
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by Prosperchuks1344(m): 3:24am On Nov 14, 2020
1billion dollars? that's a lot of money men..
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by YouAreFinished: 3:30am On Nov 14, 2020
Fasindo:
[s]shocked

Ebonyi Amaka

Peter the Aiteo Eastern E & P Company Ltd. upon u I will develop platinum of Zimbabwe.

Now I knw y igbos are called developers, no country in d world that seeks to develop without bringing Igbos to their economy.
If its in Nigeria it would have been giving to one Indimi in Borno.

Esut Amaka
Uniben Amaka
OneCorner:
Igbos breaking boundaries while afonjaz are busy bowing down to their masters
Then they wonder why we have more billionaires per square foot in the east[/s]
Shameless chestbeaters....he is not an igboman
Had you guys taught he was from another tribe,you'll start shouting oil thief undecided
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by IJOBA2: 3:31am On Nov 14, 2020
IF I TELL UNA SAY THIS NEWS NOR PAIN ME, NA LIE I DEY LIE sad
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Investing $1bil Into Platinum Mining In Zimbabwe- Bloomberg by IJOBA2: 3:47am On Nov 14, 2020
YouAreFinished:

Shameless chestbeaters....he is not an igboman
Had you guys taught he was from another tribe,you'll start shouting oil thief undecided
FINISHED PRODUCT IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WANNA TELL US ABOUT THIS MAN undecided

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Caused His Own Downfall / Nnamdi Kanu And Sunday Igboho: Difference Is Clear / SCRRENSHOT OF IPOB Generals Caught At Initiation Ground...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.