Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway (20618 Views)

Update On Iyana Iba Bridge, Badagary Expressway (Pictures) / Sanwo-Olu Gives Security Guard A Mini-Bus After Being Asked On Instagram / Work Resumes On Lagos-Badagary Expressway After Sanwo-Olu's Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by Arabiandude: 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
owprint:
A Governor who couldn't protect his citizens (Youths) from being murdered because "Powers beyond his control" gave the order... It's not fit to be a governor.
Which state are you from?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by majamajic(m): 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
fergie001:

To them, human beings don't leave there.

Human-beings stop at Alakija.

I got home , and swear never to pass that route again till further notice , I took the journey just from alakija to iyana iba , on my way to Igando

I for go inside Festac and burst out at ago palace , move towards nnpc then idimu , lasu road to Igando

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by majamajic(m): 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
Omezif:
Sanwo-olu is a real second lagos builder after fashola, he always displaying why he's lagos state governor through building infastratures and rest for lagosians.

The guy is trying , upon the covid and protest during his first year in office , still he is working tirelessly

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by Bbbbnn(m): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
Ok, that's nice
Am a graphic designer...
WhatsApp or call 08039368931

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by fergie001: 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
majamajic:

I got home , and swear never to pass that route again till further notice , I took the journey just from alakija to iyana iba , on my way to Igando

I for go inside Festac and burst out at ago palace , move towards nnpc then idimu , lasu road to Igando

I was born along that route, school everything.
My family still stays there.

We already know we are not human-beings, so we are fine.

That means you didn't reach Okokomaiko or Iyana-Isashi, or Agbara-Toll Gate- Seme....

That Igando Road was Fashola...that is why he is the only person they rate there. Why he has refused to do the Expressway as Minister of Works is shocking.

Sorry oooo....Some 6 years ago, whilst I was working at FESTAC....I trek Barracks to Iyana-Iba everyday...sometimes from Under-bridge.

If you see my yam-muscles.....Kai, leave story.

Welcome oooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by NwaOhafia: 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
Rubbish!!
The iyana isashi to agbara side that was fix less than a year is like a dead trap. Hold up everywhere

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by segebase(m): 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
Yyyyyyyf
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by Omoobong1(m): 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
fergie001:

To them, human beings don't leave there.

Human-beings stop at Alakija.
no human beings stop at Abule Ado
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by Dollanaira: 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
Oh
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by fergie001: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
Omoobong1:
no human beings stop at Abule Ado
grin cheesy grin....na Gani Adams & Jaga's tank farm dey deceive you o.

The real human-beings stop for 3rd Gate grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by HowDareU: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
[quote author=ATEAMS post=96007149][b]It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn’t matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by seunoj: 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
Samtobh:
Driving on Badagry road is like travelling in a war zone.

To say the the road has become a national embarrassment will be an understatement.

Had to execute some rural electrification projects around Badary-Seme axis and couldn't drive 1km. The whole stretch to Seme Border is a death trap.

Since 2018 that the contract was awarded and abandoned, I can see little changes this year, gone through the road a few times and sure work is ongoing. The question is, how many years will it take the government to fix a road of 62km , (mile 2 to seme border)?

It is well
National embarrassment bawo.
We no get shame o that is an example u just highlighted.
Another one is shooting of protesters and various misstatement to cover it.

Shame Shame Shame.
That's our motto so it doesn't worry us

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by Omoobong1(m): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
fergie001:

grin cheesy grin....na Gani Adams & Jaga's tank farm dey deceive you o.

The real human-beings stop for 3rd Gate grin
there are better properties at Abule Ado than Alakija
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by adigun86(m): 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
I ply the route from mile 2 to iyana iba every day it is more than a death trap. It is an abandoned project. We hope by 20years of commencement the project will finish.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by Tochj(m): 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
People are really suffering on that road.
No much progress on the road since 2010.
If not for corruption
Why is the road a nightmare for users?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
Samtobh:

To say the the road has become a national embarrassment will be an understatement.

Had to execute some rural electrification projects around Badary-Seme axis and couldn't drive 1km. The whole stretch to Seme Border is a death trap.

Since 2018 that the contract was awarded and abandoned, I can see little changes this year, gone through the road a few times and sure work is ongoing. The question is, how many years will it take the government to fix a road of 62km , (mile 2 to seme border)?

It is well

My brother, that road has been like that for over 10 years, they awarded the 10 lane road under Fashola and they began work, Ambode came in, now Sanwo Olu... Calculate the years! shocked

I went to that Seme route recently and when I was coming back with foreigners in the vehicle I had to keep trying to make them see the good side of the project cos I was too ashamed as a Nigerian. embarassed

Once you enter Benin Republic, till you get to Ghana, nothing like bad roads... But the Giant of Africa is the one with giant potholes!!!

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by fergie001: 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2020
Omoobong1:
there are better properties at Abule Ado than Alakija
Inside nah......FESTAC made them prioritise Alakija.

Did you see that heap of dirt at Alakija before it was cleared?

Oh damn!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by profstar(m): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
Samtobh:

It is well

Nobody will understand the weight of this your post until they have had an experience of it.

The last time I pass there, I practically entered about 13 bikes, at every junction, we will come down from the bike (myself and bikeman, and carry the bike with our hands over to different sides, just to maneuver. It is crazy as hell

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by gunvi: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2020
Sometimes I don't take this man so serious. He should go to Badagry town for this kind of townhall meeting whether he will get all these accolades.....
We suffer on that road every single day. If you are going to Badagry town, moment you get to agbara, it becomes a nightmare and desert. This is unfair to the people of Badagry local govt, it is unjust to the Badagry division as a whole. Funny enough, they come to meetings like this cajoling populace with their defensive mechanism. They speak with confidence as if they are doing us favour even with the tax payer money. It is very sickening to be hearing all these rhetorics every now and then from Mr. Sanwoolu....People of Badagry are tired with all these.How many years are we spending in this world without enjoying the basic ammenities. Please do the needful Mr Governor.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by kaniska: 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to assert that
I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
Any way I’ll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
follow.com
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by Thelimitbreaker(m): 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
owprint:
A Governor who couldn't protect his citizens (Youths) from being murdered because "Powers beyond his control" gave the order... It's not fit to be a governor.
Look at this dunce. Must you cry over an already fermented milk again and again. So it is you that is super-fit to be a councillor in your region. Rubbish and collosal foolishness at it's peak.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by shugabasbn: 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2020
princemillla:
We already know...it's not a rocket science that the road won't be ready in next 16 years

Ahahah. Please ooo. My parents are living around there. I can't even visit them again all because of bad roads

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by shugabasbn: 11:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
adigun86:
I ply the route from mile 2 to iyana iba every day it is more than a death trap. It is an abandoned project. We hope by 20years of commencement the project will finish.

Bro please save money and get accommodation nearby because u may knw that u are dealing with severe consequences in future.

If u can't, just get your own bike. That side is worst than Syria and Sambisa combined

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by defcon4: 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
Drove drove on that road Monday and Tuesday, oboy. But after 5 hrs in mile 2, I forgave the potholes.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by seguno2: 1:19am On Nov 14, 2020
superCleanworks:
to be governor of Lagos.

heavy is the head

Have you seen the heavy IGR picked from the pockets of Lagos people monthly

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by solonazzy: 1:22am On Nov 14, 2020
I ignored a friendly advise nt to drive along dat Road... If my car is a living thing, e for Don disown me after dat trip

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by godwon01(m): 2:53am On Nov 14, 2020
Let him continued to be on face book telling what is happening in Lagos. His eyes will open after 4 years when he realized that he has not done anything for people to talk about. His career in politics is nothing to write home about. People were talking about Fashola today becousr he touched their community with interlocking road. As for Ambode , no legacy to talk about him . All of them will be judge with their work at the end of the day. I pity their family.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by labi1977(m): 3:45am On Nov 14, 2020
godwon01:
Let him continued to be on face book telling what is happening in Lagos. His eyes will open after 4 years when he realized that he has not done anything for people to talk about. His career in politics is nothing to write home about. People were talking about Fashola today becousr he touched their community with interlocking road. As for Ambode , no legacy to talk about him . All of them will be judge with their work at the end of the day. I pity their family.

Ambode has plenty legacy just not in badagry you are mistaken
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by jacoik(m): 5:36am On Nov 14, 2020
I will never forget the day this project started. o. 07/072007 from odun ade. I can never forget that morning while going to idumota and seeing tractors pulling shops down and everyone was jubilating that work has started, till this very moment nothing has been achieved. I went to okoafor from agbara last two weeks and I vowed that nothing will ever take me there again till Jesus come. honestly, you will never wish your worst enemy to ply that road( from iyanoba to badagry
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by murmee: 7:44am On Nov 14, 2020
Samtobh:

It is well
The real question to ask is why the road was abandoned during Ambrose's Administration.
The Railway network from Marina to Okokomaiko would have been functioning now and what a relief that could have been to the people living in that axis and to Lagos state generally.
What I also don't understand is why the Lagos State House of Assembly did not raise any objection to the abandonment of the project at that time.
The Lagos Badagry road, especially from Agbara to Badagry is an embarrassment to Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by Myhusband(m): 8:43am On Nov 14, 2020
owprint:

but Abians voted for ikpeazu even after selling hundreds of Igbo out to be killed and disgrace like a village thief during the last Ipob show of shame

yet ordinary kerosene and apu with egusi soup got him reelected, when are you going to wail about that?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway by COMPAQ(m): 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1327265682254409728?s=19

So they all say. Why did work have to stop on that road in the first place. That is the bone of contention. Common 50km stretch of road we are struggling to build in 10years. China will do 5000km of road in the same time.

It boils down to the simple fact that we are not serious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerian Alliance (TNA) Candidates For 2023 Election (Full List) / Lagos Lawmakers Oppose Stoppage Of Pension For Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Others / Tinubunomics: Dissecting Tinubu’s Economic Track Records - Nairametrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.