Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide (3057 Views)

Indian Actor Dies After Taking Covid Vaccines / Nigerian Women Fights Over An Indian Actor / Why Indian Actor, Manav Of Sacred Ties Committed Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by RomanianNinja: 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
Bollywood actor Asif Basra allegedly died by suicide at a private guest house in McLeod Ganj, Himachal Pradesh. He was 53.

“Asif Basra committed suicide today morning. The body has gone for post-mortem. It will be done tomorrow. There is no suicide note,” Vimukt Ranjan, SP Dharamshala, told indianexpress.com.

Asif Basra starred in films like Black Friday, Parzania, Outsourced, Jab We Met, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, Kai Po Che, Krrish 3, Ek Villain, Kaalakaandi and Hichki.

He was last seen in season 2 of the web series Hostages, which released earlier this year.

Shocked at Asif Basra’s demise, Sachin Krishn, who directed Hostages Season 2, told indianexpress.com, “I am stunned by the news. I don’t know the full facts. He was such a jovial person on sets. In fact, we used to envy his life because he would stay in the hills and come to Mumbai only to shoot. He was not only a fine actor but more importantly, a beautiful person. It feels like a personal loss.”

Sachin mentioned how he had tried contacting Asif several times since September after the show went live, but the late actor never responded. “I got in touch with every actor after Hostages season two, so I was trying to get in touch with him too. I would ask my associates to reach out to him, but there would be no response. I would think, ‘What’s wrong with him?’ and later thought maybe I offended him. In this industry, you feel maybe the actor wasn’t happy the way the graph of his character was shown. But now, I am shocked.”

Several celebrities took to social media to mourn the demise of Asif Basra.

Manoj Bajpayee tweeted, “What? This is too shocking!! Shot with him just before Lockdown!!! Oh My God!!!”

Maanvi Gagroo posted on Twitter, “This is terrible news. RIP Asif. Thank you for all your encouraging words every time we bumped into each other.”

Hansal Mehta took to Twitter and wrote, “Asif Basra! Can’t be true… This is just very, very sad.”

“This is shocking. I was very fond of him, the little work we did together, I completely adored him. Sad. RIP brother Asif,” Kiku Sharda said via Twitter.

https://www.indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/actor-asif-basra-passes-away-7049264/

Cc lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by Righteousness89(m): 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
There is Much More to life than all the Glamour and Fame you see on Social media..
There is much more to life than trying to keep up a certain lifestyle..
There is Much more to life than trying to impress people so that you could be famous and Popular!

Forever is too long to sacrifice for today's Fame, Popularity and all that!

If at the End of your Life, you Miss Heaven, you will Cry!
If you Miss Heaven, you Cannot Miss Hell!

3 Likes

Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by MrSensor(m): 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2020
He bet all his money on president D Trump that he will win the election. He was supposed to wait until January before he take his own life. The election is not over yet and anything can happen and I still have a hope that Mr Trump will be declared a winner. So taking his life was a very bad decision. But us who are still living will witness the power of the Mighty God when Trump will retain his position as a president.
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by Moferere: 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by mayklef(m): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
if a so called popular Indian actor choose to end his life due to depression, frustration or whatever his reason(s) could have been....abeg what should a broke, frustrated, average Nigerian Public University Undergraduate do?
Burn the entire country abi
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
in india stars died by suicide

1 Like

Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
All Kai Po Chhe actors commiting suicide? Abi that film is cursed. First, Sushant and now this one shocked
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by doggedfighter(f): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
Looks like India actors are under a lot of pressure

1 Like

Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by Uyi168: 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
Righteousness89:
There is Much More to life than all the Glamour and Fame you see on Social media..
There is much more to life than trying to keep up a certain lifestyle..
There is Much more to life than trying to impress people so that you could be famous and Popular!

Forever is too long to sacrifice for today's Fame, Popularity and all that!

If at the End of your Life, you Miss Heaven, you will Cry!
If you Miss Heaven, you Cannot Miss Hell!
Shut up, hell kee u
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by Dayoebe(m): 2:47am On Nov 14, 2020
I wonder what he was passing through

No challenge is worth a human life !!!

As long as there is life, there's hope
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by ikorodureporta: 2:53am On Nov 14, 2020
Dayoebe:
I wonder what he was passing through

No challenge is worth a human life !!!

As long as there is life, there's hope

maybe him don exhaust him last options na
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by RomanianNinja: 7:02am On Nov 14, 2020
IntersexSherry:
All Kai Po Chhe actors commiting suicide? Abi that film is cursed. First, Sushant and now this one shocked
I was having similar thoughts
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by Kingluqman(m): 7:36am On Nov 14, 2020
India Nd suicide ehn
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by JimmyDarmody: 7:51am On Nov 14, 2020
MrSensor:
He bet all his money on president D Trump that he will win the election. He was supposed to wait until January before he take his own life. The election is not over yet and anything can happen and I still have a hope that Mr Trump will be declared a winner. So taking his life was a very bad decision. But us who are still living will witness the power of the Mighty God when Trump will retain his position as a president.
you're doing this on the dead? Let him rest.
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by RomanianNinja: 7:53am On Nov 14, 2020
lalasticlala
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by Hustlerlomo(m): 9:01am On Nov 14, 2020
Uyi168
Shut up, hell kee u

Bros why u dey take am personal na? Nor be him cause wetin dey happen for Nigeria oo.. Thank God u see wetin depression dey cause .. Take am easy bro.. God bless.
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by Uyi168: 9:52am On Nov 14, 2020
Hustlerlomo:
Uyi168
Shut up, hell kee u

Bros why u dey take am personal na? Nor be him cause wetin dey happen for Nigeria oo.. Thank God u see wetin depression dey cause .. Take am easy bro.. God bless.
The guy spam all threads with his doom's day messages.
It's too much.
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by Mastakija(m): 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
Why do bollywood actors lyk committing suicideundecided
Re: Popular Indian Actor Asif Basra Commits Suicide by DropsMic(m): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2020
REST IN PEACE

(1) (Reply)

Guests Eat From Expensive Cake Designed Like A Chair (Photos, Video) / Zazoo Impregnated Me When I Was Working As A Prostitute, Lady Claimed: Video / Over 6 Millions People Close Their Facebook Account In America Thisyear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.