Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? (32278 Views)

Ladies Fight Over Maduka Okoye (super Eagles Goalkeeper ) After A Recent Post / Meet Maduka Okoye, Nigeria's Goalkeeper, The Finest Super Eagles New Keeper / Facts About Nigeria's Goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho With Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by HAPPINESSSS(f): 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

YES HE SHOULD,

NO ONE PLAN TO FAIL.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by prinsam30: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
he's a good keeper buh he lack experience and to make matter worse, the defenders let him down

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by favor914: 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
deji17:
This is not just about goalkeeping. The defence is weak. The midfield is weak. The Coach is mediocre. The NFF is incompetent. The whole management needs complete overhaul.
Amaju Pinnick, & his crew are the ones choosing the players based on favorism, despite the fact that most are not playing regularly? Messi still plays for Argentina, why the NFA completely discarded Mikel Obi still puzzles me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
blinking001:
After watching today's super chickens game. I'll rather face a firing squad, get my testicles completely shattered with a hammer and get my skin pilled off with a razor blade than watching the super eagles play ever again. They are mad.

grin grin grin

1 bag of chilled pure water for you bros... Abeg cool down, no vex...

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Ustec: 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonmvayina:
Or was it the uncoordinated back line that was to blame
Which back,
Na so kepa continue to make Chelsea defense looks poor,until Mendy made us realize where the real problem lies.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonmvayina:
I saw his performamce today, which was just below par, I think we should still be on the look out for good goal Kepler's with Nigeria blood or look inwards, we are really lacking in that department of recent...I am waiting to see the osigwe guy...

What you all think ?
Blame the defenders for put putting up strong defense and protecting their 4 goals. They simply relaxed like fools.

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Buffalo2(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2020
#endsupereagles now!

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by joxxy01(m): 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
Na fine Boy we won chop... abeg seat down for bench ... BTW if he was good he wouldn't have let in four goal without even pulling an heroic save

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by noble99: 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
Why should we continue to pay the white man called coach and he can not deliver, we take white to be more superior to us, a Nigerian coach can do better. This white is being paid in dollars and take our money home. Please nff should employ Nigerian coach.

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by khunz: 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
I don't think he should be singled out, also which of the goals could he have saved.

Finally the attack also went to sleep in the 2nd half.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Femeto: 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonmvayina:
I saw his performamce today, which was just below par, I think we should still be on the look out for good goal Kepler's with Nigeria blood or look inwards, we are really lacking in that department of recent...I am waiting to see the osigwe guy...

What you all think ?
He wasn't at fault for most of the goals. The players were giving the ball away unnecessaryly and we have a terrible coach.

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
festacman:
Who was in goal when Sierra Leone was 4-0 down? Of course, Maduka Okoye. You see, this young inexperienced GK was in post because Akpeyi is injured and perhaps did well in training.

In any case, if the formation was changed from attacking in 1st half to defensive in 2nd half given 4-1 lead, Maduka would have been covered while he gains valuable African football experience but the Rohr and Yobo sat there like statues. Yobo in particular being an experienced defender would have given critical defensive tip to the gaffer to earn his money but I don't know ...

Yobo's word is not final. It was Rorh

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Satoshi9ja: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nothing is working in this country.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Obichukwuu: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by SIONKPO1(m): 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nigeria U21 number 1
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Nwadyke2020: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
jerseyboy:
Na where dem find the oyibo pepper?
Even if dey put oblak for that post him go still collect the defense na nonsense

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Trendy247: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
It was a fixed match period

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Foma2: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2020
How were any of the goals his fault? Oya, I need answers...

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Decimus: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
I can't answer any question for Kepa's cousin.

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Mcfi(m): 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
blinking001:
After watching today's super chickens game. I'll rather face a firing squad, get my testicles completely shattered with a hammer and get my skin pilled off with a razor blade than watching the super eagles play ever again. They are mad.

Las las you go still watch the match. Forget all this ones you dey yan
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Aninri: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
The defence was nothing to write home about. They flopped big time.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Cmanforall: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonmvayina:

What you all think ?
What happens to that Goalkeeper that behaves like Enyiama
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by mmsen: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonmvayina:
Or was it the uncoordinated back line that was to blame

Does the goalkeeper not have a responsibility to help organize the defence in front of him?

Besides that it should be clear by now that Rohr is not a good coach. I wonder how he came to be hired and why he continues to have a job.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Cmanforall: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2020
Timoleon:
Sebi una use expatriate take do keeper�
The answer to that position is to search inward for raw talents and find good trainers to give internationally standard training to them so they can have the needed tools to compete. The likes of shorunmu, Enyeama Peter rufai all were discovered locally afterall. These days na so so onyibo we Dey pack full our team. We never chichumchin�
The coach na Oyibo... he will go for oyibo people
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by SlayerForever: 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2020
While the keeper is average, Nigeria has no business conceding 4 goals to Sierra Leone, even if you started Alampasu. Stop scapegoating players. Rohr is a poor coach. The management team is poor!

5 Likes

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by kaniska: 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
I am actually grateful to the owner of this website who
has shared this wonderful piece of writing at here.
follow.com cool
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Crispels(m): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonmvayina:

What you all think ?

The problem is with the defense and not Okoye. Sanusi was a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Crispels(m): 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
Timoleon:
Sebi una use expatriate take do keeper�
The answer to that position is to search inward for raw talents and find good trainers to give internationally standard training to them so they can have the needed tools to compete. The likes of shorunmu, Enyeama Peter rufai all were discovered locally afterall. These days na so so onyibo we Dey pack full our team. We never chichumchin�

Are Sanusi and Onuachu not local talents? No be them spoil the match for the second half?

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by 4tomandchi: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
Heart break everywhere I can watch Man U and rest well and now Super Eagles too watin man go do...

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by 9jaRealist: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
festacman:
Who was in goal post when Sierra Leone was 4-0 down? Of course, Maduka Okoye. You see, this young inexperienced GK was in post because Akpeyi is injured and perhaps he did well in training.

In any case, if the formation was changed from attacking in 1st half to defensive in 2nd half given 4-1 lead, Maduka would have been covered while he gains valuable African football experience but Rohr and Yobo sat there like statues. Yobo in particular being an experienced defender would have given critical defensive tips to the gaffer to earn his money but I don't know ...

Abegi, what’s the relevance of the highlighted question? shocked

Was Maduka scoring those 4-0 goals? Or do you not realize that a game is 90+ minutes and your performance is judged after the 90+ minutes? It is more pertinent to point out that he conceded with the first serious attempt at the Super Eagles’ goal and sadly it didn’t really get any better after that - unless you can remind us of even one single serious save that he made.

Anyway, I personally would not write him off on the basis of his first competitive game for the Super Eagles (having only previously played in friendlies), particularly as it’s a team game and many on the team underperformed, but tbh it was an underwhelming and frankly pedestrian performance. The good thing is that he has another chance quickly coming up.
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 / Van Dijk Named Fastest Player In 2018-19 Champions League(Photos) / Stephen Keshi And Deji Tinubu (Throwback Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.