Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,565 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? (32497 Views)

Ladies Fight Over Maduka Okoye (super Eagles Goalkeeper ) After A Recent Post / Meet Maduka Okoye, Nigeria's Goalkeeper, The Finest Super Eagles New Keeper / Facts About Nigeria's Goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho With Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Gamesmart: 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonmvayina:
I saw his performamce today, which was just below par, I think we should still be on the look out for good goal Kepler's with Nigeria blood or look inwards, we are really lacking in that department of recent...I am waiting to see the osigwe guy...

What you all think ?

How was his performance below par today?
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Gamesmart: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
festacman:
Who was in goal post when Sierra Leone was 4-0 down? Of course, Maduka Okoye. You see, this young inexperienced GK was in post because Akpeyi is injured and perhaps he did well in training.

In any case, if the formation was changed from attacking in 1st half to defensive in 2nd half given 4-1 lead, Maduka would have been covered while he gains valuable African football experience but Rohr and Yobo sat there like statues. Yobo in particular being an experienced defender would have given critical defensive tips to the gaffer to earn his money but I don't know ...

How many teams have you coached?
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by topboss: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonmvayina:
I saw his performamce today, which was just below par, I think we should still be on the look out for good goal Kepler's with Nigeria blood or look inwards, we are really lacking in that department of recent...I am waiting to see the osigwe guy...

What you all think ?

I DEY FEAR YORUBA MEN.

WEN I KNEW IT WAS JEALOUSY TALKING, IS WEN OP MENTION NAME FINISH, IN THIS DIGITAL AGE, BUT CANNOT UPLOAD PICTURES, AND THE YORUBA MODS RUSH IT TO FP.

WEN WILL TRIBALISM END IN NIGERIA?

ANYWAY, HERE IS THE PICTURES OF WHO OP WAS REFERING.

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by lexy2014: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonmvayina:

What you all think ?

Ikechukwu ezenwa has always been available but if it's not foreign based, rohr no go gree
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by topboss: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2020
HIS NAME IS MADUKA OKOYE, BUT OP DONT RECOGNISE HIS BLOOD AS NIGERIAN. grin

THIS IS WAT NAIRALAND TRIBALIST MODS RUSH TO FP.

EVEN GOD WILL NOT WANT TO HELP NIGERIA, WITH THIS KIND OF BIGOTRY.

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Leo588(m): 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
I think the flaws majorly are from the Defense

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Zazzzu(m): 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
madukepa okoye
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Gamesmart: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
khunz:
I don't think he should be singled out, also which of the goals could he have saved.

Finally the attack also went to sleep in the 2nd half.

Don't mind the bunch of idiiiiiiiiiots here who all of a sudden think they know about football and are experts.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Gamesmart: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
Femeto:
He wasn't at fault for most of the goals. The players were giving the ball away unnecessaryly and we have a terrible coach.

Don't mind the moooorons!
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by festacman(m): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
Gamesmart:

How many teams have you coached?

I use to give tactical advice to our football team while in school. I am not sure if that qualifies me as a coach. Now, why do you ask, if I may sk?
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by festacman(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2020
9jaRealist:

Abegi, what’s the relevance of the highlighted question? shocked

Was Maduka scoring those 4-0 goals? Or do you not realize that a game is 90+ minutes and your performance is judged after the 90+ minutes? It is more pertinent to point out that he conceded with the first serious attempt at the Super Eagles’ goal and sadly it didn’t really get any better after that - unless you can remind us of even one single serious save that he made.

Anyway, I personally would not write him off on the basis of his first competitive game for the Super Eagles (having only previously played in friendlies), particularly as it’s a team game and many on the team underperformed, but tbh it was an underwhelming and frankly pedestrian performance. The good thing is that he has another chance quickly coming up.
>

The truth is that Maduka Okoye is NOT experienced at all to keep for Nigeria if we are a serious country but blaming the loss on him is a bit unfair.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by bluefilm: 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2020
The guy na basket.

He should be shown the way out with immediate effect.

Bring back Peter Rufai
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by andyanders: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2020
deji17:
This is not just about goalkeeping. The defence is weak. The midfield is weak. The Coach is a disaster. The NFF is incompetent. The whole management needs complete overhaul.
On point. The coach is not worth to handle a national team. How can the idiot pull out strickers. The NFF is just interested on the $ dollars they share with the coach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by sonmvayina(m): 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
topboss:
HIS NAME IS MADUKA OKOYE, BUT OP DONT RECOGNISE HIS BLOOD AS NIGERIAN. grin

THIS IS WAT NAIRALAND TRIBALIST MODS RUSH TO FP.

EVEN GOD WILL NOT WANT TO HELP NIGERIA, WITH THIS KIND OF BIGOTRY.

His hands look like hulks hand after he did the snap..lol, he is good. But was rigid in the match, goal Keepers are meant to be flexible..
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by ahamonyeka(m): 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
festacman:
Who was in goal post when Sierra Leone was 4-0 down? Of course, Maduka Okoye. You see, this young inexperienced GK was in post because Akpeyi is injured and perhaps he did well in training.

In any case, if the formation was changed from attacking in 1st half to defensive in 2nd half given 4-1 lead, Maduka would have been covered while he gains valuable African football experience but Rohr and Yobo sat there like statues. Yobo in particular being an experienced defender would have given critical defensive tips to the gaffer to earn his money but I don't know ...
you mean calamity yobo would have given a critical defensive tips?

2 Likes

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Gamesmart: 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
festacman:

I use to give tactical advice to our football team while in school. I am not sure if that qualifies me as a coach. Now, why do you ask, if I may sk?

You seem to have an idea what Yobo who has over 13 years experience playing at the highest level, against world class players, should be doing better than him. And you seem to have an idea what he did and did not do, so I was wondering what your world class expertise and clairvoyance is.

Guess it was the "tactical advice you were giving in school" that gave you this world class opinions.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by galaxy2020(m): 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonmvayina:
Or was it the uncoordinated back line that was to blame
...the backline was so disconnected, unorganized and uninspiring.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by festacman(m): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
Gamesmart:

You seem to have an idea what Yobo who has over 13 years experience playing at the highest level, against world class players, should be doing better than him. And you seem to have an idea what he did and did not do, so I was wondering what your world class expertise and clairvoyance is.

Guess it was the "tactical advice you were giving in school" that gave you this world class opinions.

Yobo failed in first day in office and I am sure he is sad about it.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by festacman(m): 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
ahamonyeka:
you mean calamity yobo would have given a critical defensive tips?

The irony of life is that this shocking nightmarish first day at work may shape his mentality to become a non-calamitous coach.

1 Like

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Gamesmart: 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
festacman:

Yobo failed in first day in office and I am sure he is sad about it.

Of course he would be sad about it.

But to blame him is ridiculous.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by holarmylekan(m): 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2020
AustineCJ:
Please nobody should even blame the goal keeper. The way they scored us one will think we don’t ve a defense to even imagine we ve assistant coach Yobo a retired defender with the National Team. I ve never seen where a coach who’s team is leading 4:1 in second half prefers to remove his first choice CB instead of a tired Oshimen who ve scored n should be rested for the next match ...... Osimen ended up getting injured n his useless defensive change collapse. Who plays Aribo n Iwobi in a midfield ? Two players that can’t defend ..... omo my anger na d data I use stream the nonsense.

Sorry bro
Can't believe someone can use their data to watch Nigeria match in this economy
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by festacman(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
Gamesmart:

Of course he would be sad about it.

But to blame him is ridiculous.

If Super Eagles had won, Rohr and Yobo would have been taken the credit. Now that 'L' happened, it is only natural that Yobo along with Rohr take part of the blame.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by muller101(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
deji17:
This is not just about goalkeeping. The defence is weak. The midfield is weak. The Coach is a disaster. The NFF is incompetent. The whole management needs complete overhaul.
Even the fans should be blamed
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by balladin: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2020
AustineCJ:
Please nobody should even blame the goal keeper. The way they scored us one will think we don’t ve a defense to even imagine we ve assistant coach Yobo a retired defender with the National Team. I ve never seen where a coach who’s team is leading 4:1 in second half prefers to remove his first choice CB instead of a tired Oshimen who ve scored n should be rested for the next match ...... Osimen ended up getting injured n his useless defensive change collapse. Who plays Aribo n Iwobi in a midfield ? Two players that can’t defend ..... omo my anger na d data I use stream the nonsense.
Good one. I wonder why everyone is now blaming the keeper. Keepers concede. All keepers concede. Spare the boy please
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Dizzyrascal(m): 11:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
Jostoman:
Let me use this opportunity to say a big thank you to our super eagle for being on the side of the youth. If you know you know.
I see ur point
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by mechanics(m): 11:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
deji17:
That's right, the coach is not consistent and does not know his first eleven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by mechanics(m): 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
AdaNri1:
Let’s blame Ipob
you don come.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Nogym(m): 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
until the day dis coach start using home based players when he wi get it right, if nor Oyo is his case.
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by Timoleon(m): 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
Na goalkeepers Dey d post wey you quote. Go check am well�
Crispels:

Are Sanusi and Onuachu not local talents? No be them spoil the match for the second half?
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by mrkings84(m): 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2020
9ia got talents
Re: Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? by AustineCJ: 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
holarmylekan:

Sorry bro
Can't believe someone can use their data to watch Nigeria match in this economy
bro i was waiting on dstv oo till halftime when u heard Nigeria is leading 4:1 ...... na the joy push me to stream oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paris Saint Germain Player Salaries 2017/2018 (Highest Wage Bill In the World) / Dolores Aveiro Has Breast Cancer: Cristiano Ronaldo Mum ‘Fighting For Her Life’ / Copa America: Messi Trophy drought continues as Argentina fails yet again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.