Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Questions For Ipob Over Wike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions For Ipob Over Wike (1098 Views)

Osita Chidoka Blasts IPOB Over Sit-At-Home, 'No Election' In Anambra / Garba Shehu Slams Danjuma, IPOB Over Killings In Nigeria, Letter By UK Lawmakers / Igbo Group Dares Kanu, IPOB Over 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by LegendHero(m): 12:38am On Nov 14, 2020
Rugaria:

What are you blabbing about? Did I tell you Zik is not from Benin or from Tanganyika? He can come from wherever, that's his kettle of fish.. what I'm saying is that the Oba of Lagos traced his ancestry to Benin, just like Wike and as you pointed out, Zik! So why is Wikes view being used by your type to demonize igbos and make it look like they are trying to steal Portharcout by "attaching by force" as you guys prefer to put it?? Especially when another ikwerre man has given a contrary view? If igbos should not claim Rivers because of Wikes outburst? Can we extend that idea to Yorubas as it relates to Lagos because of the view of the Oba of Lagos

The difference here is that the Benin are not claiming they own Lagos daily which made your premises faulty.

The Benin people respect the right of the Yorubas in Lagos and you won’t see them opening threads upon threads saying they own or have a stake in Lagos.

Igbo on the other hand are trying so hard to say they own Rivers simply because Ikwerre traced their ancestry to Igboland.

So if you’re gonna use Benin analogy, you should emulate their behavior of minding their business.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Rugaria: 12:39am On Nov 14, 2020
LegendHero:

Trust me I’m not insulting you.

I simply called you an illiterate based on the fact that you can’t differentiate Influence from Ownership.

For example, USA had influence on a lot of countries but does that mean USA owned those countries?

No tribe is an island, people have one time or another had influence on each other whether in the North, East, West, or South.

Educated man Sir!
You are the one acting like a deer in head light here. The Oba said this and I qoute again:

"Modern day Lagos was founded by Prince Ado, the son of the Oba of Benin, Prince Ado was the first Oba of Lagos, the son of the Bini King, Prince Ado, named the town Eko until the Portuguese explorer Ruy de Segueira changed the Maritime town to Lagos, which at that time from 1942 was Portuguese expedition center down the African Coast."

Is that quote too sophisticated for your highly educated mind to decipher?
Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Rugaria: 12:42am On Nov 14, 2020
LegendHero:

The difference here is that the Benin are not claiming they own Lagos daily which made your premises faulty.

The Benin people respect the right of the Yorubas in Lagos and you won’t see them opening threads upon threads saying they own or have a stake in Lagos.

Igbo on the other hand are trying so hard to say they own Rivers simply because Ikwerre traced their ancestry to Igboland.

So if you’re gonna use Benin analogy, you should emulate their behavior of minding their business.

Ikwerres are NOT the only people in Rivers, my dear educated friend! The folks at Obigbo being slaughtered daily to your unending excitement are indigenous to Rivers State! Obigbo/Oyigbo (choose the one that gives you orgasm) is in Rivers State! And they're the ones being killed as igbos! So how am I claiming what is mine? Or are you saying that none igbos are the ones who chased away the people of Obigbo to start ipob activities there?
Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by LegendHero(m): 12:43am On Nov 14, 2020
Rugaria:

Educated man Sir!
You are the one acting like a deer in head light here. The Oba said this and I qoute again:

"Modern day Lagos was founded by Prince Ado, the son of the Oba of Benin, Prince Ado was the first Oba of Lagos, the son of the Bini King, Prince Ado, named the town Eko until the Portuguese explorer Ruy de Segueira changed the Maritime town to Lagos, which at that time from 1942 was Portuguese expedition center down the African Coast."

Modern-day Lagos was founded by the Awori in the thirteenth century. It was later called Eko. The Portuguese explorer Ruy de Sequeira who visited the area in 1472, named the area around the city Lago de Curamo; the present name is Portuguese for "lakes". An alternate explanation is that Lagos was named for Lagos, Portugal - a maritime town which at the time was the main center of the Portuguese expeditions down the African coast and whose own name is derived from the Celtic word Lacobriga.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Lagos#Colonial-era

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Unklekelvin: 12:45am On Nov 14, 2020
Rugaria:

Educated man Sir!

Whatever he says afterwards is purely political.
Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by LegendHero(m): 12:47am On Nov 14, 2020
Rugaria:

Ikwerres are NOT the only people in Rivers, my dear educated friend! The folks at Obigbo being slaughtered daily to your unending excitement are indigenous to Rivers State! Obigbo/Oyigbo (choose the one that gives you orgasm) is in Rivers State! And they're the ones being killed as igbos! So how am I claiming what is mine? Or are you saying that none igbos are the ones who chased away the people of Obigbo to start ipob activities there?

So what exactly is your motive for mentioning the Yorubas on this thread in the first place?

Since you know there are indigenous Igbos in Rivers, why are you so pained that Wike said Ikwerres are not Igbo and dragging the Yorubas into this?

Since Rivers is also your land, man up and fight Wike back instead of wasting your precious time on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Rugaria: 12:48am On Nov 14, 2020
LegendHero:

Modern-day Lagos was founded by the Awori in the thirteenth century. It was later called Eko. The Portuguese explorer Ruy de Sequeira who visited the area in 1472, named the area around the city Lago de Curamo; the present name is Portuguese for "lakes". An alternate explanation is that Lagos was named for Lagos, Portugal - a maritime town which at the time was the main center of the Portuguese expeditions down the African coast and whose own name is derived from the Celtic word Lacobriga.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Lagos#Colonial-era

Hello!?
Do you know what you are doing with this particular post? Do you understand the implications?

Wikipedia OVER the views of the CUSTODIAN OF LAGOS HISTORY AND TRADITIONAL INSTITUTIONS!?!?
Hello?

Are you sure you are a true omualabi
Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by LegendHero(m): 12:50am On Nov 14, 2020
Rugaria:

Hello!?
Do you know what you are doing with this particular post? Do you understand the implications?

Wikipedia OVER the views of the CUSTODIAN OF LAGOS HISTORY AND TRADITIONAL INSTITUTIONS!?!?
Hello?

Are you sure you are a true omualabi

1 Like

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Rugaria: 12:50am On Nov 14, 2020
LegendHero:

So what exactly is your motive for mentioning the Yorubas on this thread in the first place?

Since you know there are indigenous Igbos in Rivers, why are you so pained that Wike said Ikwerres are not Igbo and dragging the Yorubas into this?

Since Rivers is also your land, man up and fight Wike back instead of wasting your precious time on Nairaland.

Mentioned you guys because you guys have been all over the threads harassing everybody since Wike dropped what you guys presumed to be a "bombshell"..
We were all here when the oba made that statement years back and nobody likes bringing it up as much as you guys do with similar statements from Eastern minority leaders. Why the fixation? That's why
Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Rugaria: 12:52am On Nov 14, 2020
LegendHero:

Wike never said ikwerres owned Rivers either..
He simply tried in the past to link his family tree to Benin just like the Oba! Can we agree on that?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Rugaria: 12:53am On Nov 14, 2020
Unklekelvin:
The oba was not drunk when he said Lagos is not Yoruba land, whatever he said afterwards is purely political. Binis have always reminded Yorubas how Eko now Lagos is Bini land and Oba of Lagos also made it known to everyone

Tell them ooo

1 Like

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Unklekelvin: 12:55am On Nov 14, 2020
Rugaria:

Tell them ooo
Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by LegendHero(m): 12:55am On Nov 14, 2020
Rugaria:

Wike never said ikwerres owned Rivers either..
He simply tried in the past to link his family tree to Benin just like the Oba! Can we agree on that?

Yes, just like we can agree that the Benin trace their kingship to Ife which is a Yoruba land and that means Yoruba also had influence on Benin which means Ife own Lagos.

Can we agree on this too?

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Rugaria: 1:01am On Nov 14, 2020
LegendHero:

Yes, just like we can agree that the Benin trace their kingship to Ife which is a Yoruba land and that means Yoruba also had influence on Benin which means Ife own Lagos.

Can we agree on this too?
Go and tell that to the Oba of Benin...
You guys are a rare breed of treacherous characters. . What makes you guys happy is exactly what makes others sad...
Since you have accepted that the original owners of Lagos are from Benin, you can now go to bed and sin no more..

1 Like

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by LegendHero(m): 1:16am On Nov 14, 2020
Rugaria:

Go and tell that to the Oba of Benin...
You guys are a rare breed of treacherous characters. . What makes you guys happy is exactly what makes others sad...
Since you have accepted that the original owners of Lagos are from Benin, you can now go to bed and sin no more..

Thank God you know we are happy and you are sad.

I hope you find joy soon.

By the way, Ikwerres are not Igbos.

Q.E.D.!
Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Rugaria: 1:24am On Nov 14, 2020
LegendHero:

By the way, Ikwerres are not Igbos.

Q.E.D.!

If they say they are not then THEY ARE NOT!
And if the Oba of Lagos says that Lagos is NOT Yorubaland, then it means that Lagos is not part of yorubaland! You are "educated", so I presume you should be able to grasp simple points easily...

1 Like

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by vanunu: 3:29am On Nov 14, 2020
Nwadiuto247:
Now that Wike has publicly made it known that he is not Igbo and that Ikwerre is not Igbo, can you
ipob miscreants stop disgracing yourselves?

Can you please tell your useless Mazi to stop claiming Ikwerre people?

Do you people want to continue your shameless claim of Ikwerre?

I hope Ohaneze heard t too

Many thanks to Dele for that very important interview

Then those of them that are members of Ohaneze should denounce their Igboness immediately, you cannot be Ikwerre and be a member of Ohaneze NDI Igbo at the same time.

The funny thing is that some of them claim to be Aro Ikwerre, do the really know the meaning of Aro?

You cannot be Aro, and not be Igbo.

What a confusion.
Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by owobokiri(m): 9:03am On Nov 14, 2020
HAccord:

Ewedu mouth odour everywhere.

Mazi is useless, yet everyday you talk about am. I bet he is more useful than erectile-dysfunction scattered penis. Go and keep drinking your Agbo jedi remedy. grin

I just don't understand why they are always on kanus case. It's not like he conscripted ilesha into Biafra.
Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Kinematics: 9:43am On Nov 14, 2020
vanunu:

Then those of them that are members of Ohaneze should denounce their Igboness immediately, you cannot be Ikwerre and be a member of Ohaneze NDI Igbo at the same time.

The funny thing is that some of them claim to be Aro Ikwerre, do the really know the meaning of Aro?

You cannot be Aro, and not be Igbo.

What a confusion.

Did they put a gun to your head to accept them?

Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by gidgiddy: 10:02am On Nov 14, 2020
Nwadiuto247:
Now that Wike has publicly made it known that he is not Igbo and that Ikwerre is not Igbo, can you
ipob miscreants stop disgracing yourselves?

Can you please tell your useless Mazi to stop claiming Ikwerre people?

Do you people want to continue your shameless claim of Ikwerre?

I hope Ohaneze heard t too

Many thanks to Dele for that very important interview

Nnamdi Kanu's agitation is about a referendum in the SS/SE area. Its got nothing to do with who is Igbo or who is Ikwerre. We conduct a referendum, those eho love Biafra will vote and leave, those who love Nigeria will vote and stay.
Re: Questions For Ipob Over Wike by Rugaria: 11:29am On Nov 14, 2020
gidgiddy:

Nnamdi Kanu's agitation is about a referendum in the SS/SE area. Its got nothing to do with who is Igbo or who is Ikwerre. We conduct a referendum, those eho love Biafra will vote and leave, those who love Nigeria will vote and stay.
Simple..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngige Secures Release Of Arthur Eze's Nephews From Suleja Prison / We Can’t Confirm Pantami On Our Watchlist- US Embassy …. Refers Prnigeria To FBI / Oduduwa, Biafra Agitators Deserve To Be ‘sent To God’ For Proper Judgement – Ade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.