Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. (395 Views)

Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! / "Marry Your Best Friend" - Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe Speaks On His Marital Journey / Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by backbone503(m): 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2020
Have you ever "lost" a loved one. Particularly, one that was quite close to you? Did his/her translation (death) change your life and/or orientation about life and death?

I answer YES to both questions. I see life as a very special gift. One we have very tremendous latent powers to control. Also, I see "death" as a phenomenon that doesn't denote any special sorrow nor does birth call for special joy.

You know, no one spends a second longer than (s)he is supposed to spend here. The time could be anytime! Its so important we know why we're here, and also try accomplish that mission. We can never overemphasize how important it is that we live our lives in the moment. Be grateful for all we have. Be kind and compassionate. Sow good seeds. And remember, someday, all you'll be to someone/some people will be just memories. Do your best to be a good one!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by doggedfighter(f): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nice one , backbone 503.

Quite instructive
Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by Izabel(f): 11:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
Trying my best to live a meaningful life

1 Like

Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by Blabbermouth: 12:00am On Nov 14, 2020
I like bad memories too.
The polarity on memories, is what gives it that additional spice.
Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by backbone503(m): 4:27am On Nov 14, 2020
Blabbermouth:
I like bad memories too. The polarity on memories, is what gives it that additional spice.
Bad memories like?
Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by backbone503(m): 4:37am On Nov 14, 2020
Izabel:
Trying my best to live a meaningful life

Your daily life is your temple and religion. When you enter into it, take with you your all.
Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by backbone503(m): 4:51am On Nov 14, 2020
doggedfighter:
Nice one , backbone 503.

Quite instructive

Thanks.

I "lost" a good friend two days ago. This made me reassess myself. I asked "What if it was me?". "Would I pat myself and say "boy you lived a good life?". "Will those I leave behind be proud of me?" I asked a few more questions.

Life is the greatest gift from God. What we do with this gift is totally up to us. However, this great freedom comes with even greater responsibility.
Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by doggedfighter(f): 6:45am On Nov 14, 2020
backbone503:

Thanks.

I "lost" a good friend two days ago. This made me reassess myself. I asked "What if it was me?". "Would I pat myself and say "boy you lived a good life?". "Will those I leave behind be proud of me?" I asked a few more questions.

Life is the greatest gift from God. What we do with this gift is totally up to us. However, this great freedom comes with even greater responsibility.

Oh ........no

So sorry about your loss ,hun cry

Death hurts, take heart
Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by backbone503(m): 8:21am On Nov 14, 2020
doggedfighter:

Oh ........no

So sorry about your loss ,hun cry

Death hurts, take heart

Its not a "loss" nor something to mourn over per se. He simply left this arena of activity to another, and not that something bad happened to him. I'll just temporarily miss him. But then, life always goes on!

2 Likes

Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2020
Sorry about your loss.
Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:18am On Nov 15, 2020
Nice but most importantly to focus on what memories heaven has of your stay on this Earth than those of men because it could be very misleading.

Jesus said:

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Matthew 6:21

God bless
Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by backbone503(m): 9:39am On Nov 15, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Nice but most importantly to focus on what memories heaven has of your stay on this Earth than those of men because it could be very misleading.

Jesus said:

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Matthew 6:21

God bless

Your first statement is very ambiguous.
Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by backbone503(m): 9:49am On Nov 15, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Sorry about your loss.

Thanks mama. The guy was my late brother's closest pal. He always got me. But then, we no dey mourn. We just understand and accept that reality of life.

1 Like

Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:59am On Nov 15, 2020
backbone503:

Thanks mama. The guy was my late brother's closest pal. He always got me. But then, we no dey mourn. We just understand and accept that reality of life.

He has gone to be with him.
Re: Someday, You'be Just Memories To Some. Do Your Best To Be A Good One. by backbone503(m): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

He has gone to be with him.

Maybe or maybe not. It all depends on where they respectively merited upon their earthly sojourn

(1) (Reply)

How Do We Provide Comfort And Support For People Whose Loved One Dies? / Salvation explained / How To Get Saved. / My First Encounter With The LORD JESUS CHRIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.