Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? (380 Views)

Apart From Straffing Mary, What Other Function Has God's Penis? / My Commentary On Luke 7:37-50 / Check Out My Insights On Luke 1:41 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? by DappaD: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
There are some people and religions that believe prayer to and worship of Mary as the mother of Jesus is or should be accepted.

Well, Jesus Christ certainly didn’t view things in like manner as Luke 11:27-28 helps us understand that Jesus never gave undue honour or devotion to his mother by addressing her by a specific title.(compare John 2:3,4)

On one occasion while Jesus was teaching, someone from the crowd informed Jesus that his mother and brothers were seeking to speak to him, but Jesus showed that his interests were in those who had a real spiritual relationship with God which in effect means that he never gave much attention to those whom he shared blood ties with.(Matthew 12:46-50, Luke 11:28)
Re: To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
OP some of you are very funny. Some of still believe going to church make someone goes to heaven, Love your neighbor, share with the poor, that is only way one doing the work of God....
Re: To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? by DappaD: 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
First of all, the popular notion that all ‘good’ persons go to heaven is an unscriptural belief. It doesn't originate with the Bible.

Secondly, you mean that the Bible shouldn't give us rules and direction regarding form of worship? You're implying that everybody can do as they like?—i.e. becoming wise in one's eyes and settings standards for one self which the Bible is clearly against? Proverbs 3:7, 16:25, Romans 12:16 ?

supportnija:
OP some of you are very funny. Some of still believe going to church make someone goes to heaven, Love your neighbor, share with the poor, that is only way one doing the work of God....
Re: To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2020
DappaD:
First of all, the popular notion that all ‘good’ persons go to heaven is an unscriptural belief. It doesn't originate with the Bible.

Secondly, you mean that the Bible shouldn't give us rules and direction regarding form of worship? You're implying that everybody can do as they like?—i.e. becoming wise in one's eyes and settings standards for one self which the Bible is clearly against? Proverbs 3:7, 16:25, Romans 12:16 ?

Oga, if this generation of worshipers were there during the time of David , the man David would been condermned, the thief by right of Jesus would have been condermned as a thief, see OP , I study a lot including theology, God will never ask you how you worship that day, the few questions are when I was in prison did you visit me, when I was naked did you cloth me, OP ,your question is answered is John4:24, those who worship God must be in truth and in spirit, OP you don't have right to Judge how people worship their God.
Re: To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? by DappaD: 10:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
supportnija:

Oga, if this generation of worshipers were there during the time of David , the man David would been condermned,

Was David bound by the Law of Moses or not? Which will mean he followed a pattern for worship like the rest of Israel, correct?
(Exodus 19:5-6, Deuteronomy 6:4-5,13)
Didn't God dictate and set a pattern/standard for how worship should be carried out in the land of Israel as recorded in the Bible books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy?

the thief by right of Jesus would have been condermned as a thief

The thief at the side of Jesus wasn't righteous from God's standpoint. He's going to be among the millions of unrighteous ones who will be resurrected here on earth in the future.(Isaiah 26:19, John 5:28-29, Acts 24:15, Revelation 20:12)

, see OP , I study a lot including theology, God will never ask you how you worship that day, the few questions are when I was in prison did you visit me, when I was naked did you cloth me, OP ,your question is answered is John4:24, those who worship God must be in truth and in spirit,

Humanitarian efforts are not what makes one righteous from God's standpoint. What makes one righteous for everlasting life is coming to know the true God and Jesus Christ, his Son and by listening and obeying God's commands as found in the Bible.(John 3:16,36; 17:3; James 1:22; 1John 5:3)

The Bible being inspired of God is meant to be that “lamp” that will guide our “path” to righteousness.(Psalm 119:105, 2Timothy 3:16)
God's Word the Bible is filled with commands and principles that guides our decisions about lifestyle, form of worship, dealings with other humans, counsel for husband and wife and children etc. [Matthew 6:9,24, Mark 12:31, John 13:34-35, Colossians 3:18-20]

Jesus himself clearly said at Matthew 7:21-23 that at the conclusion of this age/system of things, some people would call him ‘Lord Lord’ and say they performed many POWERFUL WORKS in his name—such as the things you mentioned above. So they hope to get a clean stand before God on their own account which isn't possible. Jesus aptly referred to such ones as “WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS” who do not want any guidance from God in their lifestyle and form of worship.

OP you don't have right to Judge how people worship their God.

Of course I don't have the right or authority to judge.(Matthew 7:1)
That work rests squarely on the shoulders of Jesus Christ who was appointed by his Father to become Judge.(John 5:22)

But I'd like to leave you with one scripture for you to meditate on.
James 4:17:
“Therefore, if someone knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him.”

So know that there's no such thing as WILLFUL IGNORANCE when it comes to worship of the true God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? by achorladey: 11:11pm On Nov 19, 2020
supportnija:

James 1: 27 in summary
Re: To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 20, 2020
DappaD:

Was David bound by the Law of Moses or not? Which will mean he followed a pattern for worship like the rest of Israel, correct?
(Exodus 19:5-6, Deuteronomy 6:4-5,13)
Didn't God dictate and set a pattern/standard for how worship should be carried out in the land of Israel as recorded in the Bible books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy?

The thief at the side of Jesus wasn't righteous from God's standpoint. He's going to be among the millions of unrighteous ones who will be resurrected here on earth in the future.(Isaiah 26:19, John 5:28-29, Acts 24:15, Revelation 20:12)

Humanitarian efforts are not what makes one righteous from God's standpoint. What makes one righteous for everlasting life is coming to know the true God and Jesus Christ, his Son and by listening and obeying God's commands as found in the Bible.(John 3:16,36; 17:3; James 1:22; 1John 5:3)

The Bible being inspired of God is meant to be that “lamp” that will guide our “path” to righteousness.(Psalm 119:105, 2Timothy 3:16)
God's Word the Bible is filled with commands and principles that guides our decisions about lifestyle, form of worship, dealings with other humans, counsel for husband and wife and children etc. [Matthew 6:9,24, Mark 12:31, John 13:34-35, Colossians 3:18-20]

Jesus himself clearly said at Matthew 7:21-23 that at the conclusion of this age/system of things, some people would call him ‘Lord Lord’ and say they performed many POWERFUL WORKS in his name—such as the things you mentioned above. So they hope to get a clean stand before God on their own account which isn't possible. Jesus aptly referred to such ones as “WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS” who do not want any guidance from God in their lifestyle and form of worship.

Of course I don't have the right or authority to judge.(Matthew 7:1)
That work rests squarely on the shoulders of Jesus Christ who was appointed by his Father to become Judge.(John 5:22)

But I'd like to leave you with one scripture for you to meditate on.
James 4:17:
“Therefore, if someone knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him.”

So know that there's no such thing as WILLFUL IGNORANCE when it comes to worship of the true God.
OP I have been to many churches and I know the true church even 419, fornicator speak in tongue, OP, this case was settle by Jesus in Mat 9: 38- 42 and Peter in 1 corith1-, his disciples saw a man driving out demon and they came to Jesus , see master someone is driving out demons and Jesus told them leave him alone since is not against us is for us, OP , mind you Catholic brought this christianity whatever they tell you is truth, a servant cannot pass his master.

OP , I took my time study this entire universe and the word of God, I study book use by CHURCH of Satan, the introductory part clearly states that before someone become a member you must renounce CATHOLIC CHURCH, GOD FATHER, GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.

OP whoever told you catholic are wrong must be a biology teacher who told you God called him.

OP the only person who can understand God is God himself, I read a theology by Thomas Acquina, one of the greatest book on greatest ( SUMA THEOLOGY) I study Bible again, I am teacher of the word , some people are against Catholic because of their population.

OP , I have heard people saying Catholic worship Mary, Catholic images, OP I am Catholic I don't image neither Mary.

OP what to do make heaven is clearly states in John3:5, Gala 3, OP go and do them and forget other churches
Re: To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? by DappaD: 9:40am On Nov 20, 2020
Sorry what's the meaning of all these? undecided
When did I mention your Catholic or any other church? undecided undecided
A lot of people and religions are comfortable praying to “saints” as they call it and that's not acceptable according to the Scriptures. Now why do you feel I'm directing attention to one particular religious organization when in fact you're all just the same? undecided

For a man who claims to be well versed in theology, you seem rather inexperienced to me.

supportnija:
[s]
OP I have been to many churches and I know the true church even 419, fornicator speak in tongue, OP, this case was settle by Jesus in Mat 9: 38- 42 and Peter in 1 corith1-, his disciples saw a man driving out demon and they came to Jesus , see master someone is driving out demons and Jesus told them leave him alone since is not against us is for us, OP , mind you Catholic brought this christianity whatever they tell you is truth, a servant cannot pass his master.

OP , I took my time study this entire universe and the word of God, I study book use by CHURCH of Satan, the introductory part clearly states that before someone become a member you must renounce CATHOLIC CHURCH, GOD FATHER, GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.

OP whoever told you catholic are wrong must be a biology teacher who told you God called him.

OP the only person who can understand God is God himself, I read a theology by Thomas Acquina, one of the greatest book on greatest ( SUMA THEOLOGY) I study Bible again, I am teacher of the word , some people are against Catholic because of their population.

OP , I have heard people saying Catholic worship Mary, Catholic images, OP I am Catholic I don't image neither Mary.
OP what to do make heaven is clearly states in John3:5, Gala 3, OP go and do them and forget other churches[/s]
Re: To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 20, 2020
DappaD:
Sorry what's the meaning of all these? undecided
When did I mention your Catholic or any other church? undecided undecided
A lot of people and religions are comfortable praying to “saints” as they call it and that's not acceptable according to the Scriptures. Now why do you feel I'm directing attention to one particular religious organization when in fact you're all just the same? undecided

For a man who claims to be well versed in theology, you seem rather inexperienced to me.

OP I have already told what to do to make heaven leave other religion alone.
Re: To Those Who Venerate Mary, What Are Your Thoughts On Luke 11:27-28? by DappaD: 12:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
No! You're not still getting my point. What brought about all these things you're telling me? Are you feeling insecure and need someone to validate your beliefs? As in, to nod okay to whatever you say?
Be rest assured that person you're looking for isn't me. wink

supportnija:

OP I have already told what to do to make heaven leave other religion alone.

(1) (Reply)

Planted Inside The Crucified Jesus Christ Fresh Each Second / Spiritual Death Is Separation From God(it Is A Tragedy) / Koinonia Inaugural Service With Apostle Joshua Selman, Dunsin Oyekan And Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.