Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? (904 Views)

Live Tracker Shows Nigerian Air Back To Regular Service For Ethiopian Airlines / Man Calls Out Ikorodu LG & Lagos State Senator For Leaving The Road Like This. / 37 Ogun Corpers Involved In Accident After Leaving NYSC Orientation Camp (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by ksbusari(m): 7:04am On Nov 14, 2020
Hi everyone, I need your candid advice (mature minds).
I'm a civil servant in one of the poorest states in Nigeria (as we are made to believe). I have been in the service for almost five years (I have been at the corridor of service for two years before i was officially offered an appointment three years ago). I was appointed a watchman Grade Level 02 (entry level to be confirm med after two years and converted to my desired level) although I work as an office assistant in one of the departments in the establishment). Three years now, I am still on the same Grade Level (GL 02)
*Salary * - #17, 445 after statutory deductions
*Qualifications* - B. Sc (Ed) Accounting Education,
M. Ed Educational Management.
*Offer*- I have an opportunity of a Three month visa to the UAE with assurance of securing a not too good employment but with a reasonable pay (don't really know how sure it is sha).
I'm confused, I want a better life. Is this risk worth taking?
Thanks as I await your reasonable contributions.
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by popsy2(m): 7:07am On Nov 14, 2020
Dunno
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Comedian2019: 7:09am On Nov 14, 2020
You better escape now before you will hear "we can no longer pay salary". grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Davash222(m): 7:17am On Nov 14, 2020
This is your salary in 10 years without you not touching it.

Means, in ten years, if you dont eat, buy clothes, buy recharge cards, buy beer(very essential), you will earn barely 2 million Naira.

Advice yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Nicoswit(m): 7:20am On Nov 14, 2020
If you are not sure of the job and salary you will earn in UAE...dont go...thats how some Nigerians got hooked and stranded in UAE...you have to be sure of your employment and salary from a registered employer/company if not you might be making a very big mistake
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Petyprincess(f): 7:34am On Nov 14, 2020
ksbusari:
I'm a civil servant in one of the poorest states in Nigeria (as we are made to believe). I have been in the service for almost five years (I have been at the corridor of service for two years before i was officially offered an appointment three years ago). I was appointed a watchman Grade Level 02 (entry level to be confirm med after two years and converted to my desired level) although I work as an office assistant in one of the departments in the establishment). Three years now, I am still on the same Grade Level (GL 02)
*Offer*- I have an opportunity of a Three month visa to the UAE with assurance of securing a not too good employment but with a reasonable pay (don't really know how sure it is sha).
Agent at it again! Which company will offer you work with three months visit visa?
That's hw these heartless agents deceive gullible people of getting them a job with three months visit visa after getting there they realized they got scammed nd end up stranded!!

Ask him questions! If Dubai allows one to work with visit visa, search online don't be deceived by agent!!

1 Like

Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by yanabasee(m): 7:40am On Nov 14, 2020
OP.......You don't have any business in Nigeria.....

As a master holder you earn way below the minimum wage.....

If I were you...I don't need anybody's advise to start parking my clothes.....

I don't know why this country look down on teaching profession or anyone with education qualification.....

Teachers are the founding pioneers of every knowledge we have today.....Our counting skills and reading skills where perfected by teachers....

OP....Just the go your go....You can't be calling yourself a civil servant earning 17k every month....With a master's degree.

4 Likes

Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by galantjoe(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2020
What I will advice you is to put someone in place of your employment before leaving for UAE. So that person will be using your name and credentials to work. You will give him share of salary. Whereupon your sojourn is not successful, you can come back and start where you stopped.

WISH U GOOD luck

My dear. Leave now before your brother will close border again.

2 Likes

Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Kamdil: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2020
I don't believe your story. 17,500 for a civil servant, na lie.even ordinary clerical staff working in teaching hospital with O'level earns almost double of that salary.
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Larryfest(m): 8:09am On Nov 14, 2020
You can't get a job with a 3months UAE visit visa so you better open your eyes very well so you don't turn your case to that of " from fry pan to fire". Nigerian's are hardly employed in UAE right now so think well before you waste your time and money on visa.
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:17am On Nov 14, 2020
You have absolutely nothing to lose. What you earn presently is below minimum wage.
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Gerrard59(m): 8:29am On Nov 14, 2020
Kamdil:
I don't believe your story. 17,500 for a civil servant, na lie.even ordinary clerical staff working in teaching hospital with O'level earns almost double of that salary.

Well, OP said he works in one of Nigeria's poorest states (I wager it's Kogi. Fvcking miserable place with a cretin as the governor).

So OP,

What do you say? The Dubai angle, well, I wish you the best. Some things big pass wetin person fit solve. But please consider Covid-19 in your job search in the UAE.

2 Likes

Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Karleb(m): 8:39am On Nov 14, 2020
17,500 for what?
I can't even call that peanut.
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Kinkykinky: 9:40am On Nov 14, 2020
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by iretiogo1: 9:43am On Nov 14, 2020
Since you’re not sure of the work yet in Dubai better you take a leave from work here in Nigeria maybe for a month to travel to Dubai to see things for yourself.....then you can decide on what to do
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 14, 2020
If it is not your siblings that are based in Dubai and have assured to come to them,I would kindly advise you not to travel to that country. Most people have fallen victim. You can read on Dubai thread on this platform.
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Cousin9999: 11:37am On Nov 14, 2020
No. Never.

There is NO opportunity in Dubai. None. It's a scam/human trafficking.
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by marvelife: 11:49am On Nov 14, 2020
Wish I could help you @op

But let me say don't measure your next step with what you read here...

Dubai right now isn't promising cos the work you'd definitely get might be strenuous..

You gonna work for 6 days for a salary of 1200 dirham (150k) with current rate

This salary is mostly paid to new comers or if you're lucky sha,it could be more

But right now, telling you to resign and face the uncertainties here is suicidal..

Instead take a break at work, risk it, come to uae within a month you'd decide ffor yourself if the trip really worth it

But before you embark on such adventure please visit your Imam/ pastor / babalawo

I was once in your shoe, I was clueless about life generally until I cried a good cry those decisions I made then has made the difference

Shalom....

3 Likes

Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2020
ksbusari:

Dear OP, i am not aware that Dubai grants 3 months work visa, if ther currently grant any 3month visa ,that is simply a tourist visa. What this means is that your working will be iilegal , even those u work for know this and will want to take advantage of you i.e the pay will just be enough to feed you , it may not even get u enough to purchase a return ticket

I see from your name that u re Muslim, rather than dubai ill advice u check Bahrain or jordan but like someone mentioned, u may first make a month trip to see things before deciding to leave ur job
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2020
If youre planning on going to the UAE with tourist visa, better abort the mission to prevent "had I known".

3 months visa smells like tourist visa to me and you shouldn't be working with a tourist visa.
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by frostmate2: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
It's better to take some time off your work in Nigeria and test the waters in UAE. See if you can get a job in UAE, if that doesn't work out, you have your job in Nigeria to go back to. Don't trust anyone promising you job in UAE.
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Rrchrd(m): 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2020
ksbusari:
instead of going to UAE to eat poo & sleep with dogs you better stay in naija
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by manneger2: 6:12pm On Nov 14, 2020
Op ur salary in Nigeria is poor walai, na ur type suppose come UAE because sincerely u have nothing much to loose because the salary is small, I'm telling u my self if is me I will come to UAE with 3month visa and look for company that will do employment visa for me, but this days Nigeria getting employment visa is very difficult but people are still getting, UAE is not good but my brother that ur civil servant pay na waoo, if is me oo, I will leave that misery salary n come UAE, when I came to UAE I left 50k stressful job in Nigeria to come, and Is not too rough for me here. But on second taught use that money u will use to process 3months visa and start something u can use to support ur civil servant job, we all know civil servant don't go work, so u will have time to run ur business, u gats have serious plan before coming to Dubai, plan A,B,C, if any plan doesn't click u activate next plan, Dubai na for people wey get big heart and focus, alright bro.

1 Like

Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by koonleh: 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2020
Pls be patient, with ur degree u can do a conversion. And go to grade level 8. With news I hear, uae is not all that . Except u have better guaranteed offer from uae or any better country.
Re: Is Leaving Civil Service For UAE A Risk Worth Taking? by Goodman247: 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2020
Do you want to end up under the desert sun carrying concrete, forget uae

(1) (Reply)

Refusal Issue / The Ilorin The Media Won't Show You / Welcome To Ibadan (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.