Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! (889 Views)

MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! by binonyokalesse: 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2021
Hello Nairaland,

I'll be moving to Abuja soon to start a 2 year contract. I'll be moving with my family including my husband. Rwandans are timid introverts compared to the Nigerians I know. Please any advice would be appreciated. I would like to know the best places to get great shopping deals and/or meet serious investors in Abuja.

TIA,

Bino
Re: Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! by Taywon: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
I reside in Abuja.... I can be of great help to you.
Re: Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! by Ynix(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2021
binonyokalesse:
Hello Nairaland,

I'll be moving to Abuja soon to start a 2 year contract. I'll be moving with my family including my husband. Rwandans are timid introverts compared to the Nigerians I know. Please any advice would be appreciated. I would like to know the best places to get great shopping deals and/or meet serious investors in Abuja.

TIA,

Bino

You are on a big move, Abuja is presently the real estate hub in Nigeria most especially for the rich, as per the issue of serious investors let your focus be on outsiders except you want to be a crony for some politicians.
As per market places there are various options for you based on the district you chose to stay, Asokoro, Guzape, Garki, Wuse, among others.
Would love to link up with you in case you need some assistance or prospecting.
My WhatsApp number is 08089456258

1 Like

Re: Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! by SocialJustice: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2021
binonyokalesse:
Hello Nairaland,

TIA,

Bino
Do not meet anyone from here in person or even call because you are a JJC(novice) like this, the temptation to defraud you will be too real. Nigerians look and sound nice but are not, there's always a payout or gratification they expect. Ask your questions here and you'll receive answers.

There are malls in Abuja to shop, also open air markets. Always be weary and careful. Try not to be hysterical though.

8 Likes

Re: Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! by Bizibi(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2021
binonyokalesse:
Hello Nairaland,

TIA,

Bino
welcome
Re: Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! by SensetionalGoal(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2021
Rwandans are timid introverts compared to the Nigerians I know

I really need to understand the above statement before I give my advice...

Is the contract you got only reason you want to move to Nigeria undecided

Secondly are you a Nigerian or from Rwanda?

1 Like

Re: Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! by CrystalSpark(m): 10:50am On Oct 25, 2021
Use the following platforms and you’ll be fine.

Transportation = Uber/ Bolt Apps
Hangout = search PrettyAbuja on Instagram
Accommodation = I’m guessing you already have an apartment rented for your stay.
Shopping = Lots of malls here, some even cheaper than open market prices.

DO NOT CONTACT ANYONE HERE!

Be sure not to do anything that’ll give you out as a foreigner.

4 Likes

Re: Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! by binonyokalesse: 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hi and thank you for your response. I am American. I have lived in several countries on the continent.
SensetionalGoal:

I really need to understand the above statement before I give my advice...

Is the contract you got only reason you want to move to Nigeria undecided

Secondly are you a Nigerian or from Rwanda?
Re: Moving To Abuja From Kigali, Rwanda....advice Please! by binonyokalesse: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
Thanks so much for this advice. I have followed PrettyAbuja.
CrystalSpark:
Use the following platforms and you’ll be fine.

Transportation = Uber/ Bolt Apps
Hangout = search PrettyAbuja on Instagram
Accommodation = I’m guessing you already have an apartment rented for your stay.
Shopping = Lots of malls here, some even cheaper than open market prices.

DO NOT CONTACT ANYONE HERE!

Be sure not to do anything that’ll give you out as a foreigner.

(1) (Reply)

A Car Trash Can Is A Great Way To Dispose Of Your Unwanted Garbage / Air Peace And Max Air Heading To Ukraine To Evacuate 5,000 Nigerians / Five Easy Steps To Live And Work In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.