Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,069 members, 7,953,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

Enjoy Your Weekend With These Math Teasers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Enjoy Your Weekend With These Math Teasers (253 Views)

IQ Test For Genius Only - How Smart Are You ?(general Knowledge Teasers) / How To Improve Your Math Skills / See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enjoy Your Weekend With These Math Teasers by MaiHealth: 11:42am On Nov 14, 2020
1. In January 1993, Cristina's age equaled the sum of digits comprised in her birth year. What year was Cristina born in?

2.Conversation between Peter and his Granny

Peter : Granny, how old are you?

Granny : Together with Grandpa, we are 140 years old, and Grandpa is twice as old as I was when he was as old as I am now.

So how old is Granny?

You can also enjoy useful health tips by Viewing my profile
Re: Enjoy Your Weekend With These Math Teasers by NDSMELODY(m): 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2020
MaiHealth:
1. In January 1993, Cristina's age equaled the sum of digits comprised in her birth year. What year was Cristina born in?

Granny : Together with Grandpa, we are 140 years old, and Grandpa is twice as old as I was when he was as old as I am now.

So how old is Granny?

question 2

1 Share

Re: Enjoy Your Weekend With These Math Teasers by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2020
Let Granny be x years old, then,
Grandpa is (140 - x) years old
When Grandpa was x years old,
Granny was ½x years old.
Difference between their ages is always constant.
Therefore, (140 - x) - x = x - ½x
140 - 2x = (2x - x)/2
280 - 4x = x
280 = 5x
56= x
x = 56
Granny is 56 years old
Re: Enjoy Your Weekend With These Math Teasers by MaiHealth: 11:05am On Nov 21, 2020
MaiHealth:

So how old is Granny?

ANSWER to last week's teasers

Thanks to those who tried it and special thanks to yGoodmann and NDSMELODY for posting their answers here wink

Teaser 1
If Cristina is X years old in 1993, 1993-X will be her birth year.

Using trial and error to determine the year in which the sum of its digits will be equal to its difference with 1993, the answer will be 1973.

Check the picture below for the the second teaser's answer.

Stay tuned for this week's teasers

Re: Enjoy Your Weekend With These Math Teasers by MaiHealth: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2020
NEW TEASERS

1. Peter is four years older than Mark and eight years older than Paul. The product from Mark’s and John's ages is greater by 16 than the product from Peter's and Paul's ages.
Between these boys, two are twins. Give their names.

2. A thief went into a store and stole N1000 and then left the store. About 30 minutes later, the thief returned to the store and purchased an item that cost him N700. The thief paid for the item with the stolen cash and received N300 change from the cashier. The thief then left the store for a second and final time. How much did the store lose?

Enjoy cool

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Deny Plans To Call Off 8-months Long Strike / Graphic Design / School Resuming Date In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.