Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:45 AM

Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko (1736 Views)

I'm So Proud Of You - Dolapo, Osinbajo's Wife Hails Him / Hoodlums Behead Jonathan Ugochukwu, APC Chieftain In Imo / Anthony Ugochukwu Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 15, 2020
Kingspin:
Speaking the truth is different from taking action on the truth.

Why I sliding agree with the writer that the West edge their counterpart from the East in some areas but taking a holistic look at the situation, all Nigerian politicians behave alike.

Secondly, the anti--Igbo campaign by the rest of the country against the East, in particular, has changed nearly everything. From economic to political decision. That is a substantial factor between the state of Nigeria and the Igbos.

Noboby is really bothered about Igbos or have any animosity towards them. It is the actions of Igbos that gains the reaction you deem "anti-Igbo campaign".

Ask yourself why Igbos alone, of all Nigerians, have a problem with all others everywhere in the world.

Igbos can never be circumspect or tolerant anywhere they go. They must be opinionated, disciminatory and radical over everything be it religion, politics, ethnicity or unfair/demeaning criticism of others.

Look at how Igbos, of the thousands of ethnic groups in Africa, radically and disgracefully carry Donald Trump matter on their head in SE Nigeria.

It is like the old saying that if many people continue to say they see letter A and you alone say you see the letter B then perhaps you are the one not seeing well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by mightyhazel: 7:43am On Nov 15, 2020
truth be told, some yoruba leaders are very inspiring
Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by BravoDe: 8:05am On Nov 15, 2020
IamWonderful:
When south west leaders are talking, south east leaders are under Buhari's table begging for crumbs
Especially their kings...I'm sure the obi of Onitsha can't say it to the presidency face that restructuring is the soln like his counterpart (Alaafin) did.

2 Likes

Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by BravoDe: 8:10am On Nov 15, 2020
Kingspin:
Speaking the truth is different from taking action on the truth.

Why I sliding agree with the writer that the West edge their counterpart from the East in some areas but taking a holistic look at the situation, all Nigerian politicians behave alike.

Secondly, the anti--Igbo campaign by the rest of the country against the East, in particular, has changed nearly everything. From economic to political decision. That is a substantial factor between the state of Nigeria and the Igbos.

Speaking the truth is still better than siding with your people's enemy cos of party affiliation and crumbs (how ur leaders reacted to oyigbo massacre by gov nyesom wike as a case study)

By the way, you guys ala ipob started the anti-yoruba, anti-fulani campaign and we gave you guys a taste of your own medicine now you're crying foul.
Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by Front0lane: 8:46am On Nov 15, 2020
A Yoruba leader that lost his polling unit in Yoruba land ?! Sir, your head can never be correct till eternity walahi.

loveth360:
Amotekun and their propaganda.

Restructuring will not solve Nigeria problem according to Osibanjo.

Pls is Osibanjo not a yoruba leader.

1 Like

Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by ProT: 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
OneTemplate:

Indeed. One of their own has just admitted that Igbos have the most cowardly, shifty and unprincipled leaders in the whole of Nigeria.

Smart Yorubas have always known that Igbos covet Yoruba leaders hence their obsession with talking about Tinubu, Osinbajo, Sanwo Olu etal constantly.

Igbos have no leaders, literally, and look up to Yorubas for leadership but they are too ashamed to admit it so they hurl insult instead to hide their woeful lack of leadership and direction in Ala Igbo.

Don't get it twisted; there are no LEADERS in the whole of Nigeria, what u have is a bunch of opportunists, who have no iota of honour but have perfected the art of self-preservation.

The writer wrote in the context of the aftermath of the EndSARS, where the SE "leaders" didn't disappoint to prove their worthlessness and cowardly nature, compared to the "leaders" of the SW.

How can people claim to have LEADERS in a country that cannot boast of common uninterrupted power supply in the TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY?
If anyone tries to use this writer's intelligent view to promote the superiority of one group over another, then that person is a dolt, who has no idea of what leadership entails.
Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by Ifakorinmi(m): 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2020
I’m not proud of Yoruba leaders.

They only come under the Yoruba umbrella when they’ve been outsmarted on national stage.

When they are in control, they do nothing to better Yoruba lives.
Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by BravoDe: 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
Front0lane:
A Yoruba leader that lost his polling unit in Yoruba land ?! Sir, your head can never be correct till eternity walahi.

Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by chrisblack: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2020
BravoDe:
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/11/13/why-everyone-is-so-proud-of-yoruba-leaders/

Lalasticlala mynd44
over time I have come to understand the Major problem of why we would definitely remaining like this. Why the downward spiral into poverty , economic degradation and political suicide will continue .The problem is simply The yoruba's and Ibo's.
They are both the true definition of big for nothing. Collectively they can stand their ground along with other minorities and get what truly belongs to them in this present setup called Nigeria. Collectively they open they pandora box to many possibilities .Instead we keep coming up every day trying to rewrite history that can't not help both parties. What awo did to zik or what zik did to awo.the issue is what can we do collectively presently to better our lot. The funny and sad thing is you will a some guys I'm oshogbo or in orlu ,who have never seen each other talking how the igbos are causing trouble like wise the yoruba saying their own.
We need to collectively stand our ground if we are serious about wanting a better life for our future generations.
The south must stand on total restructuring. All elective position must be sort on the basis of restructuring. We must be ready to forgive and move forward otherwise we would keep ranting on nairaland till they finally shove the type of Nigeria they are scheming for in our ass.
I would want us to sit down and ask ourselves how your fellow neighbor has been your issue. The truth is they enjoy it when the yoruba's and the igbos figth.It simple, pause and look at the possibilities of what they can do together if united along with other minorities. This is my own commitment .from hence forth I will push for common grounds where we can achieve our various aims. This i believe will be the best thing to help us out collectively. I will try and setup a tread for like minds where we can share our possibilities of a restructured Nigeria with the igbos and yoruba's taking the lead in uniting others.#RestructureNaija
Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by Ikengawo: 9:19am On Nov 16, 2020
OneTemplate:

Lol. Is that the best excuse you can come out with? Okay so give us examples of when Igbo leaders have really covered themselves in glory lately.

Is it over Obigbo/Oyigbo where they tacitly praised and backed Wike?

Or is it being the mouthpiece of Hausa/Fulani to say an Amotekun - type force not needed in the East while the entire Yoruba nation were fighting for Amotekun?

Truth is that Igbos have not had one examplary leader since 1999. Not even one standout, sagacious, commendably competent or visionary leader. That's is why the SE is a dead zone young people want to leave as soon as they turn 12 and never return to while those there prefer to talk nostalgically about Yoruba land and Yoruba leaders 24/7.

Admitting you have a problem means they problem is half solved. You emptily arrogant Igbos will never understand this. Even a thread like this should make you confront and face your dearth of decent leaders.

Instead it is excuses while the whole world continue to laugh at how poorly led and directionless Igbos are of all Nigerians and for their Status as one of Nigeria's four biggest ethnic group.

you can say you have a problem without lying to yourself. There was a whole Lekki massacre issued by SW leaders. If you wish that for your family enjoy. Just say we can do better without lying about the sw to make your point more dramatic
Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by Olatomiwami(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2020
OneCorner:
The way afonjaz change their name to Igbo names these days amazes me

Afonja kill u there, u lack comprehension, forget the messenger, digest the message, the guy lie?
Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by Olatomiwami(m): 9:41am On Nov 16, 2020
loveth360:
Amotekun and their propaganda.

Restructuring will not solve Nigeria problem according to Osibanjo.

Pls is Osibanjo not a yoruba leader.

I beg face your leaders from your region, are our elders the architect of your misfortune, are they the Ikpeazu, TA Orji or OUK that exchange your destiny with kerosene?
Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by loveth360(f): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2020
Olatomiwami:

I beg face your leaders from your region, are our elders the architect of your misfortune, are they the Ikpeazu, TA Orji or OUK that exchange your destiny with kerosene?
Who is this thing.
Re: Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko by Olatomiwami(m): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
loveth360:
Who is this thing.

The thing that hits u hard enough grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Dikwa / Edo People Abeg Come And Explain This Madness / Will Tinubu Choose A Muslim Running Mate For 2023 Elections ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.