Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! (1311 Views)

Face Of The Lt. Col. Who Masterminded The Rigging In Ogoni Land Yesterday / How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Final Results Of 2011 Presidential Election By Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2011
The die is cast. It will happen in a few days and Nigeria will burn.

Jega's INEC will announce Jonathan as the winner of the elections becuase he is going to win. Religion and ethnicity will play a very important role. The nothern minorities/Christians will support Jonathan heavily, dont forget that Southerners have their own share of the Northern poulation. The same will happen in the West. And he will win so much in the East.

Unfortunately, the opposition especially the CPC and the "Sai Buhari" movement, will not accept the results. Then Nigeria will burn. make no mistake about it, they have deluded themselves that Buhari will win, so if Jonathan wins, they will not accept it. As far as they are concerned, if Jonathan wins, it means the election was rigged.

Yet, neither Jonathan nor the PDP can rig election without the INEC. Mr. President has shown enough goodwill as a leader by promoting an independent INEC. Jega has a free hand to run his show, if Jega fails, nobody should blame Mr. President.

My concern is what my people will suffer in the hands of the "Sai Buhari" fanatics when eventually they wake from their Utopia of "its our birth right".

Ladies and Gentlemen, Nigeria is joke!
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by hakanai(m): 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2011
I take it that your analysis is faulty and a Buhari win is pretty good.
Tell me how GEJ will get the votes he desire for a victory?
Assuming the migratory patterns are ignored considering,That both sides have some non regional residence amongst them.
GEJ takes:
SE and SS
Buhari takes:
NW and Large chunk of NE ( do the maths on that one).I am from the NE ,I know the likely places that may vote otherwise.assuming i ignore visual facts of support and comments from even the xtian groups supporting buhari there.Assume they vote along religious.Buhari can secure a 70% swing there.
Both tussel for
SW(for all )
NC(50 50 or slightly diff.)As muslims and xtians may vote based on sentiments.
Also remember in every twelve there is a judas!!!!

Do the figures and tell me how that can happen.Considering the voters registered!
don't let PDP fool you before embarking on there rigging plans.They want to rig and are already trying to break the ranks of people that will opposite it or questions any manipulated out come.
Atleast wikileak has also told us alittle about dimeji bankole's position on 2007 PDP victory!Na today them start?Do you think they will change?We impose that change and God willing it will happen!!! wink
Violence against innocent people no!But resisting the PDP riggers yes count me in any day any time!!!!Nigerians are PDP's biggest accomplice now so if you are caught cheating, JEGA/Police must respond else resistance from the people will follow.

Buhari can sweep roughly 30M votes or more from my assessment and GEJ 26M.If others don't rock the boat in NC,SW and SE!!!!
Areas of lobbying and stuff.Above all if God permits us.May the elections be free and fair.May progress come to Nigeria after the elections and may we change for the better.Who ever wins rightly,May God almighty bestow on him foresight and qualities to move the nation forward.

Enjoy!! We are not afraid and change is coming!!!!!
BB 2011 or ACN!!!!! grin
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2011
haka_nai:

I take it that your analysis is faulty and a Buhari win is pretty good.
Tell me how GEJ will get the votes he desire for a victory?
Assuming the migratory patterns are ignored considering,That both sides have some non regional residence amongst them.
GEJ takes:
SE and SS
Buhari takes:
NW and Large chunk of NE ( do the maths on that one).I am from the NE ,I know the likely places that may vote otherwise.assuming i ignore visual facts of support and comments from even the xtian groups supporting buhari there.Assume they vote along religious.Buhari can secure a 70% swing there.
Both tussel for
SW(for all )
NC(50 50 or slightly diff.)As muslims and xtians may vote based on sentiments.
Also remember in every twelve there is a judas!!!!

Do the figures and tell me how that can happen.Considering the voters registered!
don't let PDP fool you before embarking on there rigging plans.They want to rig and are already trying to break the ranks of people that will opposite it or questions any manipulated out come.

Atleast wikileak has also told us alittle about dimeji bankole's position on 2007 PDP victory!Na today them start?Do you think they will change?We impose that change and God willing it will happen!!! wink
Violence against innocent people no!But resisting the PDP riggers yes count me in any day any time!!!!Nigerians are PDP's biggest accomplice now so if you are caught cheating, JEGA/Police must respond else resistance from the people will follow.

Buhari can sweep roughly 30M votes or more from my assessment and GEJ 26M.If others don't rock the boat in NC,SW and SE!!!!
Areas of lobbying and stuff.Above all if God permits us.May the elections be free and fair.May progress come to Nigeria after the elections and may we change for the better.Who ever wins rightly,May God almighty bestow on him foresight and qualities to move the nation forward.

Enjoy!! We are not afraid and change is coming!!!!!
BB 2011 or ACN!!!!! grin

The migratory pattern cannot be ignored. The sounterners are more in the north than the northerners in the south.
It seems you have a good knowledge of the rigging plans. If you dont report it before it happens too bad.

Yet, my point is this:
Election has not taken place, folks likes are you are sure that Buhari has won but if not, then the PDP must have rigged and the only option is violence. It is a shame.

Are you talking about 'innocent people", well for your information: In the eyes of the foot soldiers of the "Sai Buhari" movement, all "infidels" are all guilty.

Finally, my advice is this, if you feel agrieved at any time, plz go to the court. That brings me to your comment about Wiki Leaks and Balogon: The ongoing case is that of the Justice Salami and the ACN victories. Plz, wake up.
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by hakanai(m): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
noblezone:

The migratory pattern cannot be ignored. The sounterners are more in the north than the northerners in the south.
It seems you have a good knowledge of the rigging plans. If you dont report it before it happens too bad.

When i said ignore,i meant we don't have actual figures and one could not say it is possible that the southerners dominate there host communities.Like wise we can't tell if the pattern gives huge margins that could make a difference considering the mix.You see before now it was that the north had no population, As you can see clearly with voter registration you may just be wrong.Now it is that southerners makeup the bulk of the norths population.please i say grow up.The little disparity can not turn much my brother!

about good knowledge of rigging, You should be asking the PDP and GEJ/OBJ.They know better.At least yaradua was courageous enough to admit the flaws.So give it to PDP.Once a thief is always a thief.once a rigger is always a , !!!!!

Yet, my point is this:
Election has not taken place, folks likes are you are sure that Buhari has won but if not, then the PDP must have rigged and the only option is violence. It is a shame.
My statements is about if he could win.You seem to believe that GEJ will win and Buhari would rig.How naive are you.With the Government machinery in GEJ favour.Why i am saying Buhari could win is if people would sincerely vote an make the actual figures count.Giving both a fair chance of becoming the next president.Rather than your previous thoughts of GEJ winning buhari rigging

Are you talking about 'innocent people", well for your information: In the eyes of the foot soldiers of the "Sai Buhari" movement, all "infidels" are all guilty.

Well i am one of the foot soldiers and i think you have judged me wrongly and that is how wrong you are.You are in an opposition camp and suggesting the mind set of the opponents.How bias can you get? undecided

Finally, my advice is this, if you feel agrieved at any time, plz go to the court. That brings me to your comment about Wiki Leaks and Balogon: The ongoing case is that of the Justice Salami and the ACN victories. Plz, wake up.

oh! that is why i love buhari.he has always done that everytime he gets cheated by the PDP.Don't forget Yar adua the beneficiary admitted the flaws.Who is talking about Salami? undecided
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by wevote: 7:32am On Mar 21, 2011
I will just like to say quickly that it is our responsibility to stand up against rigging in these elections. We must choose wisely and guard our votes.

We could also use cool tools like www.reclaimnaija.net which allows citizen's reporting. We monitor our elections ourselves and report incidences for all of us to see. We' can also collate results so we have our results as INEC have theirs
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by otokx(m): 11:18am On Mar 21, 2011
GEJ will win and there will be peace. The courts are open for any aggrieved persons to go there.
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by baslone: 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2011
otokx:

GEJ will win and there will be peace. The courts are open for any aggrieved persons to go there.

What courts? ? ?. Same Judiciary? ? ?
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by Beaf: 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2011
All Southerners in the North whether Yoruba, Igbo, Urhobo, Tiv, Birom etc had better be wise and pull out of the North before the elections. A word is enough for the wise.
The only way to avert a crisis after GEJ wins is to get the biggest voices like the Sultan of Sokoto on hand (this seems to have been done) and totally takeover BBC Hausa service. Almajiri no get brakelight.
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by grafikdon: 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2011
The Buhari crowd's erroneous assumption the ONLY way PDP can prevail is through rigging/foul play is very unfortunate. Frankly based on situation on the ground, we are going to witness a merciless trouncing of the opposition by PDP without foul play, unless there is a massive shift in the Opposition campaign strategies coupled with a merger. People may berate the PDP but one thing they cannot honestly discredit is their (PDP) rigorous campaign strategies. They have the structure, a very wide reach and IMO the only true National party, considering CPC is perceived as a Hausa and Fulani party, APGA/PPA as Igbo party and ACN a Yoruba party.

The only way I envisioned the dismantling of PDP was through a merger with ACN/CPC/APGA/PPA/LP, unfortunately that remained a product of my imagination. My candid advice to the Buhari crowd is to tone down their  very rigid perception of their capabilities. Election is always a two-way traffic where you either win or lose, but clinging tenaciously to the erroneous concept that victory is already yours without doing the aggressive ground work necessary for such feat, while proclaiming foul play as your opponent's ONLY shot at victory is a recipe for chaos and carnage.

Btw That "Sai Buhari" expression doesn't  sit well with me. I understand it should not be an issue but in a complex society like Nigeria, one should at least try to construct his words/utterances/expressions in such a way that it will not be perceived as egocentric and condescending.
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2011
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!  Listen. If GEJ wins and any of these iddiots start trouble, THE NIGERIAN ARMY will DESCEND ON THEM LIKE A TON OF BRICKS, SHUT THEM DOWN, AND ARREST THEIR LEADERS.

If a group of illiterate fanatics wish to take on the might of the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Nigerian People, because they have no common sense, the ball is in their court.

Rubbish.
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by tantayu(m): 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2011
Ha ha ha ha ha ha, Which army? abeg if na joke, stop am
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by Gbawe: 1:19pm On Mar 22, 2011
Beaf:

All Southerners in the North whether Yoruba, Igbo, Urhobo, Tiv, Birom etc had better be wise and pull out of the North before the elections. A word is enough for the wise.
The only way to avert a crisis after GEJ wins is to get the biggest voices like the Sultan of Sokoto on hand (this seems to have been done) and totally takeover BBC Hausa service. Almajiri no get brakelight.

For once I agree with you . We are in no man's land whoever wins for many reasons. There are many things that are a first since our current democratic experiment began in 1999. The OP gets it right with some conclusions . If Buhari loses , the noise of zoning and the North being "cheated out of its turn" will be back with new vengeance and vociferousness even as Buhari has stated that zoning is a PDP affair . As Beaf concludes , "Amajiri no get brakelight" and they may definately be used to forment trouble IMO by those with their own hidden agenda.

If Buhari is announced the winner then we can expect the ND militants to feel that Jonathan was cheated by the "born to rule North" . Their reaction is anyone's guess but react they will because militancy is agitation against injustice . Jonathan's defeat will definately rank as injustice to them .

Whatever will happen , the eternal opportunists (IBB et al) will be positioning themselves to profit from any chaos that ensues . They may "stoke the fire" depending on what they stand to profit from doing so. Men like IBB will go to their grave believing in the Notion of using force and chaos to gain power or get their way. Talks of the Police force and army quashing troublemakers is naive IMO . We could see a consistent campaign of violence , once chaos begin , funded by wicked and power hungry politicians, that may see the Armed forces stretched . let not forget , show of might aside , that the Army or the police have not been able to stop Boko Haram regrouping and ressurecting even when , for all intents and purpose , they managed to cut of the head of the beast. Many of us would have taunted Libyans to dare defy Ghaddafi and his armed forces yet that is what is happening now. The rebels have sponsors and backers who arm them against Ghaddafi. In Nigeria we saw what Odili and co created arming Jobless young men. Illegal weapons , never mind those siezed, have come into Nigeria . I don't think any Nigerian President will be happy to fight insurgency throughout their tenure . If the militants ensure chaos , the economy will suffer and much may not be achieved by Buhari. On the other hand radical groups , previously frowned upon by many Northern elite , may gain more backing to forment sustained chaos against the " common enemy and usurper" i.e GEJ.
We all know the main motivation of the champion of Sharia (Yerima) was not pious since he is corrupt and paedophilic . Yet we saw many fall in line to shout Sharia in a nation that should be secular at a time a Christian from the South (OBJ) was President .

Too many permutations are possible . I think Beaf speaks correctly with his warning.
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
noblezone:

The die is cast. It will happen in a few days and Nigeria will burn.

Jega's INEC will announce Jonathan as the winner of the elections becuase he is going to win. Religion and ethnicity will play a very important role. The nothern minorities/Christians will support Jonathan heavily, dont forget that Southerners have their own share of the Northern poulation. The same will happen in the West. And he will win so much in the East.

Unfortunately, the opposition especially the CPC and the "Sai Buhari" movement, will not accept the results. Then Nigeria will burn. make no mistake about it, they have deluded themselves that Buhari will win, so if Jonathan wins, they will not accept it. As far as they are concerned, if Jonathan wins, it means the election was rigged.

Yet, neither Jonathan nor the PDP can rig election without the INEC. Mr. President has shown enough goodwill as a leader by promoting an independent INEC. Jega has a free hand to run his show, if Jega fails, nobody should blame Mr. President.

My concern is what my people will suffer in the hands of the "Sai Buhari" fanatics when eventually they wake from their Utopia of "its our birth right".

Ladies and Gentlemen, Nigeria is joke!

Hence forth, I am to be known and addressed as "Prophet Noblezone of Nairaland".
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
shocked shocked shocked nobleone i hail u, prophet tongue grin cheesy
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by FACE(m): 12:36am On Apr 19, 2011
I saw your post and the Rap "Made Nig-gaz" by Pac and the OutLawz came to mind when E.D.I Mean (Idi Amin) rapped:

"picture the scenery cos now u gonna have to imagine; CALL ME A PROPHET COS I PREDICTED WHAT'S GON' HAPPEN --"

Spot on Prophet Zone.
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 19, 2011
haka_nai:

When i said ignore,i meant we don't have actual figures and one could not say it is possible that the southerners dominate there host communities.Like wise we can't tell if the pattern gives huge margins that could make a difference considering the mix.You see before now it was that the north had no population, As you can see clearly with voter registration you may just be wrong.Now it is that southerners makeup the bulk of the norths population.please i say grow up.The little disparity can not turn much my brother!

about good knowledge of rigging, You should be asking the PDP and GEJ/OBJ.They know better.At least yaradua was courageous enough to admit the flaws.So give it to PDP.Once a thief is always a thief.once a rigger is always a , !!!!!

Yet, my point is this:
My statements is about if he could win.You seem to believe that GEJ will win and Buhari would rig.How naive are you.With the Government machinery in GEJ favour.Why i am saying Buhari could win is if people would sincerely vote an make the actual figures count.Giving both a fair chance of becoming the next president.Rather than your previous thoughts of GEJ winning buhari rigging

Well i am one of the foot soldiers and i think you have judged me wrongly and that is how wrong you are.You are in an opposition camp and suggesting the mind set of the opponents.How bias can you get?

oh! that is why i love buhari.he has always done that everytime he gets cheated by the PDP.Don't forget Yar adua the beneficiary admitted the flaws.Who is talking about Salami?

Where is haka_nai? I hope he is not killing any of my brothers?
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by kshow1(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2011
noblezone:

Hence forth, I am to be known and addressed as "Prophet Noblezone of Nairaland".
Supported grin

noblezone:

Where is haka_nai? I hope he is not killing any of my brothers?

Yuor guess is as good as mine
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2011
kshow1:

Supported grin
Yuor guess is as good as mine

I think we should declare him "WANTED". Alive of course. We are not primitive, else I woul have said, "haka_nai is hereby declared wanted; dead or alive".
Re: Jonathan And The Rigging Of 2011 Presidential Elections! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
It is just like yesterday.
Dear Lord, I thank you for keeping me alive till this very day.

(1) (Reply)

Edo State Presidential Result Read By The State Inec Commission / No Ministers From Kaduna, Plateau, Ondo / I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.