Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo (1313 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / Privatisation Of PHCN A Fraud, Electricity Workers Tell Buhari / Tinubu Is My Role Model –kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo by gfus: 12:14am On Aug 22, 2011
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday, broke his silence on some allegations recently levelled against him, concerning the privatisation programme, saying he was ready to defend his role in the exercise.

He said that former military ruler, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida’s criticism of the handling of the energy project during his (Obasanjo’s) tenure was not well thought out.

Obasanjo spoke in Abeokuta after the visit of a U.S. team that came on a visit to the Obasanjo Presidential Library.

Obasanjo recently came under intense criticisms for his role in the privatisation programme, currently being investigated by a Senate Ad-hoc Committee.

Babangida had on the eve of his 70th birthday anniversary on Aug. 16, blamed Obasanjo for the prevailing poor power supply in the country, accusing him of wasting a whopping $16 billion on electricity without achieving any result.

http://www.livenigeriapost.com/2011/08/21/privatisation-i-am-ready-to-defend-my-role-says-obasanjo/
Re: I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo by BigB11(m): 12:15am On Aug 22, 2011
Pls ask this man to first defend the $17B spent on [b]invisible [/b]electric power supply.
Re: I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo by Fhemmmy: 12:34am On Aug 22, 2011
Big B1:

Pls ask this man to first defend the $17B spent on invisible [/b]electric power supply.

[b]I second that
Re: I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo by Princek12(m): 1:00am On Aug 22, 2011
Big B1:

Pls ask this man to first defend the $17B spent on [b]invisible [/b]electric power supply.

it was not invisible; you just need a special lens to see it.
Re: I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo by jaz(m): 2:20am On Aug 22, 2011
and when he is found guilty/culpable what do u think will happen thereafter, arrest and prosecute him, probably jail him, my guy no make me laugh.
Secondly, why are nigerians clamoring for a halt 2 d accusations and counter accusations btw ibb & obj, make dem yan make we no how far den run us down & thief our money. Encourage it is what i say
Re: I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo by juman(m): 2:37am On Aug 22, 2011
Obasanjo recently came under intense criticisms for his role in the privatisation programme, currently being investigated by a Senate Ad-hoc Committee.

Yeah. He need to be there and explain to the nation how thing went on privatisation.
Re: I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo by musiwa48: 3:17am On Aug 22, 2011
Re: I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo by YoursGEJ(m): 3:25am On Aug 22, 2011
The senate guys don't want him to come. Abi na by force? You don see where thief dey force police to arrest am? Unfortunately, it is only in Nigeria that the chief actors in probes are left out of the whole exercise and we feel confident of doing a good job. The only aim of such probe exercises is just to award swan water contracts to their children at #1 million per carton.
Re: I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo by Vavavoom(m): 4:07am On Aug 22, 2011
Ah! Fratres<whose palying the violin?

Vavavoom:People of Nairaland, if you find yourself hoping on this matter don't hold your breath rather pinch yourself quickly to clear any hallucination.

Otherwise ask OBJ, why we are here again.
Re: I Am Ready To Defend My Role On Privatisation - Obasanjo by marcus1234: 9:16am On Aug 22, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Pdp National Working Committee Upholds Sylva's Disqualification From Bayelsa Gub / Boko Haram: Suicide Bombing Foiled In Kano / T.b Joshua Provides Final Solution To Strike And Protests.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.