Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Bovas Oil: What A Brand - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bovas Oil: What A Brand (718 Views)

Breaking!!! BOVAS Supervisor Assults Staff in Ekiti / NNPC Rewards Bovas For Adhering To N145/litre Fuel Price / The Woman Behind Nigerians Smile -ceo Bovas filling station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bovas Oil: What A Brand by seguntijan(m): 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2020
In a world where integrity becomes scarce even among those that thrive to power with the words, whenever we come across an act of integrity we need to celebrate it

Let me tell you something.

This week, following the complete deregulation of the downstream petroleum industry in Nigeria sometimes in 2020, the price of petrol jumped from N161 to N170.

So this afternoon, I drove into the Bovas Filling Station on Araromi Street, Akure to top up the petrol in my car; my first purchase since the new petrol price was announced.

My eyes went straight to the dispensing machine. I was more interested in the price per litre.

I figured that my favourite petrol station would normally sell petrol at N1 or N2 less than the official price. Yes! That's the character of Bovas Oil. When the price was N161, Bovas sold at N159. So I expected to buy petrol at maybe N168 or N169 this afternoon at Bovas.

But the dispensing machine proudly displayed a price of N159 per litre, the old price. I double checked. Neither my eyes nor the dispensing machine was playing tricks with me.

Perplexed.

I demanded to know why. The attendant told me that Bovas is selling at the old price because Bovas has not bought at new NNPC depot price.

Bovas still has the old stock. And they're selling at the old price. They won't take advantage. They're not greedy. They won't cheat hapless citizens. Its shockingly unNigerian.

Bovas! Bovas! Bovas! What a company. What a brand.

So I bought petrol and drove out of Bovas Station, Araromi road, Akure, with prayers in my heart and on my lips for the woman who owns the company.

Bovas (the owner) is a Nigerian patriot. An uncommon Nigerian. A gift to Nigeria, particularly the South West. Bovas never cheats you by under dispensing. They pay attendants/workers fairly better than others. During fuel scarcity, you can trust them to go the extra mile to make fuel available. Ever dependable, Bovas.

Yes! Bovas is a shining example of righteousness. And Bovas is telling us something. We can fix Nigeria only if we all choose to be Bovas in our dealings as citizen.

Listen to Bovas. The story is good. The music is sweet.

I choose to be Bovas too. What's your own choice?

4 Likes

Re: Bovas Oil: What A Brand by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2020
That woman has been receiving awards for ethical business. The late GMD of NNPC recognized her company for never hoarding fuel and selling at same rate as NNPC.
Re: Bovas Oil: What A Brand by mu2sa2: 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2020
Correct!
Re: Bovas Oil: What A Brand by mu2sa2: 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2020
Op is 100% correct. I once met at guy at a Bovas petrol station say he wouldn't patronize any other filling station; even if he runs out of petrol he would take a taxi to bovas rathan than buy at another petrol station nearby. The proprietor of bovas is a woman that has proven that even in the dog-eat-dog world of business honest practices is the way to go. Imagine, you'll see a queue at bovas but the adjacent petrol station is empty even though both are selling at the same price!
Re: Bovas Oil: What A Brand by PlayerMeji: 9:45pm On Nov 14, 2020
I remembered patronizing BOVAS at Bodija in Ibadan.. One of the best Petroleum Marketing outfits with the best practices.

Interestingly, a friend and I mentioned BOVAS in our conversation some days ago, just how good a company can be.

1 Like

Re: Bovas Oil: What A Brand by maasoap(m): 8:01am On Jan 13, 2023
Bovas engine oil named Titan/economy 4L is sold for N6200 as at today.
The one named Supreme is yet to be confirmed

(1) (Reply)

Challenges Of Fintech In Nigeria / What Happens When A Loan App Defaults??? (picture) / Advertise Your Business On Facebook, Instagram & Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.