Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents (32015 Views)

Orji Kalu Distributes More Motorcycles, Sewing Machines To Constituents (photos) / Orji Kalu Distributes 400 Motorcycles, 150 Generators To Constituents (photos) / NYSC Scandal: 'Sack Adeosun' - Francis Obalim Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Miracle2020: 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2020
The land of the billionaires. I will not be surprised if some idiots see nothing wrong with this shit just because he is an igbo man.
Peter obi supervised the killing of 75 young Igbo youths and their bodies donated to fishes for their lunch and dinner. Up till now some fools see nothing wrong with that but the same fools are blaming Tinubu for shooting in lekki.
Their problem is whats going on in the south west and north while their politicians are giving them kerosene and casava stems as dividend of good governance.
I have never seen people full of hypocracy like these ipob terrorists. Abia state have no road, no schools, no good markets, no drainage system, but that is not their problem. Their problem is a court room in Gombe which has since been abandoned.

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Smartwave: 11:49pm On Nov 14, 2020
What would chest beater says about this

Igbo life...?......

Now I understand why they always run away from home.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by foolbuster: 11:52pm On Nov 14, 2020
Apart from the quantity i see in the pics being too smalI, i frankly don't see any thing wrong in this.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by farmsupport: 11:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
Cassava Stem dey plenty for here in Ibadan anyone who need should check "daydone agric website"

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Harrykn: 12:12am On Nov 15, 2020
Our leaders nor regard for us at all....
Joe biden shares take away food to congratulate his supporters, he didn't stop there! He shared cassava stems for the next planting season

So so nonsensic n ingredients
Ah!!!!
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by lagdmark(m): 12:48am On Nov 15, 2020
farmsupport:
Cassava Stem dey plenty for here in Ibadan anyone who need should check "daydone agric website"
Maybe the Anambra cassava is more nutritious than the ibadan stuff.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by adeniyi65(m): 12:54am On Nov 15, 2020
Here is nothing wrong here if the stems are hybrid to what they have been with before.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by calcal: 2:16am On Nov 15, 2020
I believe that BIAFRA will be better than this rubbish.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by 10mobile: 2:22am On Nov 15, 2020
PHIPEX:
Only farmers will understand the impact of this gesture. It's like giving a business man a seed capital after his shop got looted. Farmers pay heavily to get cassava stem which is all they need to produce the garri you eat.
Do farmers in Anambra plant cassava in dry season?
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by lagbaja(m): 2:49am On Nov 15, 2020
What is wrong in sharing hybrid cassavas stems. This singular act could be all that is needed to turn the economy of the state around. A high yield cassava stem is a better gift than 10 bags of garri. The mindset of the majority of previous posters of the forum speaks to the monetary value of the stem rather than the potential values. Teach me how to fish is better than giving me fish. This act has both economic and psychological impacts. If in one year, Farmers reaps better yields, the stem will be reused and the multiplier effect can only be imagined.

The problem of Nigeria is the mindsets of his people. In one breath, we complain that lawmakers earn the highest in the world, and should be placed on minimum wage. In another breath, you expect them to share expensive things in their constituencies. I ask, from which money ?. If we put the financial burden of sharing largesse on lawmakers whose duty it is to simply make laws, they will keep sharing our money.

Nigerian youths should change its mindsets from that of entitlement to that of Enterprise. That's the only way a secured future can be guaranteed.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by One4me: 3:36am On Nov 15, 2020
omenka:
Not to be outdone by a Kaduna lawmaker who distributed Donkeys to his constituents, an Anambra lawmaker has distributed Cassava stems to his constituents to the admiration of his people.

Details below...

http://www.absradiotv.com/2020/11/14/anambra-lawmaker-udoba-distributes-cassava-stems-to-flood-displaced-persons-in-anambra-west-to-kickstart-farming/

Is it really worth the effort in the current disposition?
]After all the effort, Buhari's Cows will be brought to eat up all the Cassava and his terrorist Fulani Herdsmen will slaughter the farm owner. Why not first, give them guns to protect themselves and their farms from those rampaging Fulani Herdsmen?

Food for thought. shocked shocked undecided
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Baron117555: 4:46am On Nov 15, 2020
grin
grin
omenka:

Let us promote good governance in Anambra as we did in Kaduna. The effort of the lawmaker must be commended.

, hope you got your cassava stems. Congratulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Oracleforce: 5:04am On Nov 15, 2020
Yesterday, it was donkeys to farm, today it is casava stems.....naija is a joke.....

Upon all the millions of naira monthly payments, this is what the people are entitled to..
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 15, 2020
Miracle2020:
The land of the billionaires. I will not be surprised if some idiots see nothing wrong with this shit just because he is an igbo man.
Peter obi supervised the killing of 75 young Igbo youths and their bodies donated to fishes for their lunch and dinner. Up till now some fools see nothing wrong with that but the same fools are blaming Tinubu for shooting in lekki.
Their problem is whats going on in the south west and north while their politicians are giving them kerosene and casava stems as dividend of good governance.
I have never seen people full of hypocracy like these ipob terrorists. Abia state have no road, no schools, no good markets, no drainage system, but that is not their problem. Their problem is a court room in Gombe which has since been abandoned.

my guy are you this dense? the issue of cassava stems is almost similar to giving someone seed funding for a business. only farmers can understand the importance of this. because cassava stems are very expensive and for poor subsistence farmers this would go a long way.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by omenka(m): 5:50am On Nov 15, 2020
BigSarah:

You taunted pro -anambra monikers for reasons best known to you, even though you won’t admit it, but it’s fair I guess they’re bigots too ...
I can only remember quoting you once , I rarely quote I prefer my spectator status...
Honestly you’re in my list of political bigots of this forum, so “Maybe” I read your post with a little bit of prejudice (for which I won’t apologize for since you’ve earned your bigot status).
I mentioned ONLY and IT IS STILL THERE.

Thanks for admitting you're a pathological liar. Next time, learn to read people's posts without prejudice so you won't be hallucinating reading them. That prejudice made you see what wasn't contained in the post and you ended up making an avoidable spectacle of yourself.

By the way, I dont gave a damn about any inane apologies you would have given and would never ask for one. Save it for others who fancy your company around here.

Avoid my posts. I don't know you, don't wanna know you either, and danm sure repulsed by you.

Good bye.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 15, 2020
lagbaja:
What is wrong in sharing hybrid cassavas stems. This singular act could be all that is needed to turn the economy of the state around. A high yield cassava stem is a better gift than 10 bags of garri. The mindset of the majority of previous posters of the forum speaks to the monetary value of the stem rather than the potential values. Teach me how to fish is better than giving me fish. This act has both economic and psychological impacts. If in one year, Farmers reaps better yields, the stem will be reused and the multiplier effect can only be imagined.

The problem of Nigeria is the mindsets of his people. In one breath, we complain that lawmakers earn the highest in the world, and should be placed on minimum wage. In another breath, you expect them to share expensive things in their constituencies. I ask, from which money ?. If we put the financial burden of sharing largesse on lawmakers whose duty it is to simply make laws, they will keep sharing our money.

Nigerian youths should change its mindsets from that of entitlement to that of Enterprise. That's the only way a secured future can be guaranteed.

You just said it all my friend
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by 4four(m): 6:06am On Nov 15, 2020
Any body that have shame can never be politicians in Nigeria
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by helinues: 6:18am On Nov 15, 2020
Heh, our own Alambra state, the state of billionaires?

Igwe must hear this
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Ferdinandu(m): 6:32am On Nov 15, 2020
Nigerians self no get sense. See how most of them are condemning the efforts of the politician without knowing the reason behind the gesture. The best thing you can do for a farmer is to source the best yielding seed crop for him. If he has a predominantly farming Constituents, this is one of best gestures they will appreciate if the stems are better yielding ones than the ones they are used to
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Mutemenot(m): 6:38am On Nov 15, 2020
Nice one, although it's something a local government chairman should be doing ....
On the other hand, this breed of cassava is best planted in uplands, it requires longer period of maturity ...water prone areas requires fast breeds
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Seyzcham91(m): 8:34am On Nov 15, 2020
e won make dem go plant them in their house ni
Amotolongbo:
This would have been a very good initiative by the lawmaker, if he had provided the farmland and other equipments to plant these cassava stems.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Tcwork: 9:05am On Nov 15, 2020
BigSarah:
Childish display by the Op , you edited your comments before it made FP... I still stand by my opinion childish and mischievous, your reason for making the thread...
Anambarians deserve better, even though the lawmaker aimed at reducing the effects of lost crops due to flooding.
If you know the effect this has on farmers and food production, you wouldn't say so
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Tcwork: 9:07am On Nov 15, 2020
Zico5:
Nigeria is truly a joke. These leaders have taken the masses to be dunce. In what way could cassava stem be of benefit in dry season and as well, I don't know how a lawmaker would think the only benefit his constituency will appreciate is cassava stem. Nigeria need deliverance indeed.
I don't believe you have ever farmed before... go and ask, this isn't a bad time to plant cassava
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by ThatFairGuy: 9:10am On Nov 15, 2020
Dpharisee:

The OP is mischievous by linking Donkey and Cassava. In reality this lawmaker is responding to the call by Igbos that it's a shame that they own mansions in several cities but no input in agriculture at home going by the recent threat by some northern traders to suspend food supply to the East starting with onions.
This has made many Igbos to become interested in supporting farmers and agriculture to bring down the cost of food in the South East by next farming season and has nothing to do with the donkey story.
Nothing is mischievous about his post.

The guy that distributed donkey, money and other valuable was an ORDINARY AID to Governor who was bitterly criticize.
This is a lawmaker distributing cassava cuttings.

Meanwhile, nothing is bad in the distribution to me but hypocrisy of people to condemn one and praise another due to familiarity is my CONCERN.

Besides It doesn't worth taking pictures for distributing these cuttings. It's an insult, mediocrity.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by silentoperator: 9:20am On Nov 15, 2020
omenka:
Not to be outdone by a Kaduna lawmaker who distributed Donkeys to his constituents, an Anambra lawmaker has distributed Cassava stems to his constituents to the admiration of his people.

Details below...

http://www.absradiotv.com/2020/11/14/anambra-lawmaker-udoba-distributes-cassava-stems-to-flood-displaced-persons-in-anambra-west-to-kickstart-farming/
How many bundles per person?
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by kingsavage: 10:09am On Nov 15, 2020
Wickedfact:

Hope you collected your own Cassava stem? Cheap object.
savage grin grin
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by prinxwizard(m): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2020
This is not a bad idea, especially now that we are seeking for ways to return to agriculture....Mind you, those stems are not your regular cassava stems..
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by kingsavage: 10:19am On Nov 15, 2020
cc LegendHero totit Gabkosh Kinematics SaintBishop Graysons grin grin grin
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Ogbuu101: 10:39am On Nov 15, 2020
omenka:
Someone says it is Childish display for bringing news happening around Nigeria. Wondering if it was childish when someone brought us news about donkey happenings in Kaduna.

Amazing opinion I must say.
You will hang yourself on top Igbo matter one day.
Ewu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Buys 29 SUVs For Rivers Customary Court Judges (Photos) / 2023 Presidency: Why I Will Accept Tinubu, Rochas Ticket – Okorocha / Enemy Of The State By Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.