Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,495 members, 7,954,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents (32208 Views)

Adeleke Govt Giving Out Cassava Stems To People With Disabilities / Orji Kalu Distributes 400 Motorcycles, 150 Generators To Constituents (photos) / NYSC Scandal: 'Sack Adeosun' - Francis Obalim Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Ogbuu101: 10:43am On Nov 15, 2020
PHIPEX:
Only farmers will understand the impact of this gesture. It's like giving a business man a seed capital after his shop got looted. Farmers pay heavily to get cassava stem which is all they need to produce the garri you eat.
Don't mind those idiots including the chronic Igbo hater called omenka.
Cassava and it's derivatives(Garri,Akpu,Abacha,etc) is the most commonly eaten food in at least the south.
Anybody sharing a high yielding variety is definitely doing the farmers a big favor cos cassava and garri is one of the most money spinning crops.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Ogbuu101: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2020
Brandonx:
Do something that would be beneficial to the people, you are giving them sticks that they can easily get themselves.
Grass root politician indeed grin grin

I need sticks too how can I get them in husum grin grin let me start cultivating cassava here.
They said its the high yielding variety.
It is usually very costly.
My mum has a PhD in agric/animal production so I know how costly those stems can be.
They usually source it from far away Ibadan.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Ogbuu101: 10:50am On Nov 15, 2020
luminouz:

U dey joke sha...
Which special equipment dem dey use plant cassava? undecided

These stems are for farmers,not shell workers and they can be planted anywhere there is soil... So I dont get the 'he should provide farmland" part!

And cassava has an advantage that it can survive the most harsh conditions like drought, fires etc and doesn't need plenty care like weeding etc, yet very proliferative.
A bunch of high yielding cassava stems planted on your neighbors empty plot can feed a family of 7 for a whole year with the added advantage that you don't need to weed it,water it etc.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Ogbuu101: 10:59am On Nov 15, 2020
SlayerForever:
To me it's even better. This are high yield stems(agric) and the output will be worthwhile. What will donkey empowerment do for youths in Kano?
ignore those trolls.
There is hardly a family that doesn't eat garri which is a derivative of cassava every day.
The only saving grace is that cassava plants are very resilient to harsh conditions and pests unlike rice,tomato,yam,etc or we would have been having a more serious food crises now.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by omenka(m): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
Ogbuu101:

You will hang yourself on top Igbo matter one day.
Ewu
Ok.

Cc: Mynd44.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by SaintBishop: 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2020
I can see why biafra will be the greatest country on earth lol.
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by IAMPEDRO: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
omenka:
Not to be outdone by a Kaduna lawmaker who distributed Donkeys to his constituents, an Anambra lawmaker has distributed Cassava stems to his constituents to the admiration of his people.

Details below...

http://www.absradiotv.com/2020/11/14/anambra-lawmaker-udoba-distributes-cassava-stems-to-flood-displaced-persons-in-anambra-west-to-kickstart-farming/
All these nigeria politicians are too funny lol........... .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by Chimeluv(f): 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2020
undecided undecided
Re: Patrick Obalim-Udoba Distributes Cassava Stems To Constituents by PHIPEX(m): 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2020
10mobile:

Do farmers in Anambra plant cassava in dry season?
Yes they do and harvest in August/September

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obiano Blasts Emeka Ojukwu Jnr: "You Are A Sad Irony Of Your Father" / FFK: Buhari Has A Beautiful Wife, Aisha Buhari, The Only Good Thing About... / Wike To Lamido: You Have No Political Value, PDP Lost Jigawa On Your Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.