Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,988 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order (693 Views)

#endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Lekki Toll Gate / Tony Momoh: Obasanjo Created Chaos In Nigeria, Buhari Working To Restore Order / More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by happney65: 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2020
Weeks after the shooting of peaceful demonstrators in Lagos, the Nigerian Army has admitted that President Muhammadu Buhari in his capacity as Commander-In-Chief authorised the deployment of soldiers to maintain law and order at the Lekki Toll Gate area of Lagos.

At least 10 protesters were killed in the Lekki plaza shooting og October 20, according to Amnesty International.

The army had maintained that its troops were not at the site but later said soldiers were sent to enforce a curfew.

Appearing before the Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry on Saturday, Ahmed Taiwo, a Brigadier-General of the Nigerian Army, said Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu could only have made a request but only the President and Commander-In-Chief can authorise the deployment of soldiers.

Taiwo claimed that the events that culminated in the incident of October 20 at the Lekki Toll Gate had its remote causes in the wider #EndSARS protest and its immediate causes in the lawlessness that ensued from October 18.

He explained that the attack made the governor to call on the army to interfere in the crisis and due to the urgency of the situation, Sanwo-Olu imposed a 24-hour curfew, which was to commence at 4:00pm on October 20 but was later shifted to 9:00pm.

Taiwo said, “Due to the urgency of the security situation in the state, the governor declared a 24-hour curfew which was supposed to start at 4:00pm. They wanted everyone off the streets to deal with the hoodlums, but after some observations, the timing was shifted to 21:00 hours, but this timing was not communicated to the Nigerian Army.

“Be that as it may, we the Nigerian Army had already immediately deployed the 65 Battalion under the 81 Division Garrison to forestal all further violence and loss of lives. It is important to note that this deployment of troops contrary to reports, was done throughout Lagos to activate Phase 4 of the Internal Security Operations.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/11/14/endsars-president-buhari-authorised-deployment-soldiers-restore-order-lekki-toll-gate?fbclid=IwAR1SVV0WQcARPxFn0YtnMmFTZOt-6KVI7mzdy8oU4C0-wivA5T6EinjYONg
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by HandmadeD: 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2020
I can't stop laughing in Cameroon language
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by FarahAideed: 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
I have been vindicated once again ...I maintained only a Buhari had the diabolic characteristics to order such evil

2 Likes

Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by vanbonattel: 9:57pm On Nov 14, 2020
Why were they lying like ashawo girls before?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by vanbonattel: 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2020
FarahAideed:
I have been vindicated once again ...I maintained only a Buhari had the diabolic characteristics to order such evil

And knowing his historic antecedents to inflict pain on innocent people, he must be laughing all this time.

2 Likes

Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by Jostoman: 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2020
ICC and International community over to you, please this people must not go unponished o
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
Instrument of disaster
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by amakadlite(f): 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
you should have known why he ignored the lekki shooting during his much awaited prerecorded speech
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by Mayng01(m): 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2020
Conspiracy theories
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by capatainrambo: 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2020
Yeye presidiot
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by Racoon(m): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2020
Any wonder he has been oppressing Nigerians even treating this incidence with levity? I guess the tyrannt would have arrested these soldiers a long if they were involved in a coup.So shameful!
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by obami007(m): 10:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
For real??
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by ZhiosonWind: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2020
To shoot unarmed civilians waving just the green White Green flag
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by jchioma: 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2020
Sanwo Olu cannot be exonerated from the damages that occur after his call for curfew.

He better own up to save the judicial commission time and redress the injustices therefrom.
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by BERNIMOORE: 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2020
The Ojota rally against Jonathan was allowed yet they prefer Buhari

Please enjoy your messiah...
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by Karlovich: 11:09pm On Nov 14, 2020
We knew it all along that the Sudanese immigrant had a hand in it. May sorrow befall his entire household
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by Okoroawusa: 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
When did the army general say that in this probe that was televised all over the world today that it was Buhari that ordered them to Lekki?

Well, anything to make PDP n Igbos happy...

1 Like

Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by Never4getU: 12:43am On Nov 15, 2020
More reason he didn't bothered to mention the killings of unarmed citizens in his recorded address.
Evil personified presido
vanbonattel:

And knowing his historic antecedents to inflict pain on innocent people, he must be laughing all this time.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by nthony10: 2:12am On Nov 15, 2020
I can't believe I'm saying this but from what I can deduce is the president only commanded the Army to restore order but how ever they carried it out was left to their discretion, it's not like he authorised a special mission to the Lekki toll gate.
The army now decided to overdo things that led to people dying.

Be that as it may I'm still disappointed at the way he is going about the witchunt of the so called leaders of the protest. It's only a foolish government that will refuse to address the grievances of the people an instead use brute force.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by Parizz: 3:02am On Nov 15, 2020
Truth will surely come out
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by DasaintHope(m): 7:14am On Nov 15, 2020
Arrewa Helinues ThebossTrevor Uptimum123
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by helinues: 7:16am On Nov 15, 2020
Was it Buhari that placed curfew in Lagos on the day of Lekki event?

Why would Buhari deployed military to Lekki?

Anyways na from Sahara Deserted
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by uptimum123(m): 7:20am On Nov 15, 2020
He his the Commander in chief of the Armed Forces so he would have been briefed before the army from all environs in Lagos was deployed to restore peace in their respective location.

The fact still remains the Army followed due process and there was no life lost at the Lekki toll gate

1 Like

Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by sapientia(m): 7:33am On Nov 15, 2020
I wonder how evolution missed some people

Like the one above me

They are never bothered about the lies of the government.

They just keep ranting rubbish

Zombies
Re: Endsars: President Buhari Authorised Deployment Of Soldiers To Restore Order by uptimum123(m): 8:14am On Nov 15, 2020
sapientia:
I wonder how evolution missed some people

Like the one above me

They are never bothered about the lies of the government.

They just keep ranting rubbish

Zombies

Stop being a bigot

It's not good for your health

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Moment Senator Shuhe Sani Visited The Forgotten Victims Of The 2012 Bomb / 60 Percent Of Lagos-ibadan Railway Workers Infected With COVID-19 ― Amaechi / You Don't Learn Driving With Caterpillar, Azubogu Tells Anambra Gov Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.