Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Advantages Of Coding Your Own Website Rather Than Using Wordpress Or Wix - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Advantages Of Coding Your Own Website Rather Than Using Wordpress Or Wix (2040 Views)

Wordpress Or Build From Scratch, Which Is It To Be? / Should I Create A Website In Wordpress Or Html, Css & Js? / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages Of Coding Your Own Website Rather Than Using Wordpress Or Wix by buchivik(m): 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
talk2hb1:

We are not talking business of WordPress here, we are talking of the technology. If the technology is too complicated, developers will drop it like bad habit which invariably will have affect the economic of it ( Scarcity, demand, supply, cost) ask drupal, and joomla They both have crazy clean code but their market share is low. Drupal is too complex for average users it can do anything in fact I am always contemplating between drupal and using normal framework for my personal projects, Joomlah I don't like it from day one.

My point is Making billions of dollars is not the point, its how long the party is going to last and survival of the developers skills in the long run, Visual Basic was a billion dollars industry in its Glory days, but where are VB developers today ( don't get me wrong they are still making their money, but unlike its glorious days)
Re: Advantages Of Coding Your Own Website Rather Than Using Wordpress Or Wix by talk2hb1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2020
buchivik:

I have a job for you, hit me up on + one four 1 3 two 0 6 94 6.1
WhatsApp
Re: Advantages Of Coding Your Own Website Rather Than Using Wordpress Or Wix by haaryobhami: 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
Karleb:
I've played around a bit with WordPress (I don't know much about wix) but I can tell you categorically from a developer point of view that WordPress is horrible! gringrin

WordPress actually does what it does best. It's easy to use and install and all that but if you've ever worked with Laravel, Django or Rails you'd know WordPress is shiit!

Sidenote: I am currently learning WordPress theme and plugin development grin
am presently learning HTML and CSS, though am not yet expert but am doin good,I'd like to learn how to use WordPress or Django,can u suggest a website or channel where I can learn.
thnx in advance
Re: Advantages Of Coding Your Own Website Rather Than Using Wordpress Or Wix by Chingle6(m): 11:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
naijasensei:

@Karleb and @tak2hb1 have said my mind, however let me add the following:

When you start viewing every problem as a nail, then you will have to solve every problem with a hammer. WordPress lulls developers into a false sense of progress. WordPress is littered with spaghetti code which is horrible to maintain and test. You are forced to solve all your problems from a WordPress viewpoint.

You are held back from using new, recommended coding standards, and new PHP features because WordPress doesn't readily support such features. Talk about living in the past. Also the reason I stopped using the Codeigniter framework (versions 2 and 3), it never pushed you to use useful things like namespaces and composer.

Learning the basic building blocks (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP) will enable you to understand how those technologies work, and how to optimise them. This knowledge will also let you know when to use a particular tech stack to implement a solution; when to use a framework, and when not to use a framework. There is no one size fits all solution.

nice 1 bro I really appreciate it
Re: Advantages Of Coding Your Own Website Rather Than Using Wordpress Or Wix by Chingle6(m): 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
etoluw:

Unfortunately for you to be able to use WordPress, you need to learn all of the above

unless you only intend to download and install themes/plugins.

oklk boss
Re: Advantages Of Coding Your Own Website Rather Than Using Wordpress Or Wix by Bablosik: 9:34am On Jun 08, 2022
I can't completely agree with you—a very important point for customers. A website is not a black box but a clear business tool. You can entrust the work on the site to any employee; he will be able to deal with the panel quickly and easily. ""Visual Editor"" is amazingly convenient for beginners and advanced users; the final result is immediately visible in the editing mode. Therefore, I advise my clients to use Managed WordPress hosting. However, I understand that some require a larger set of tools for more ambitious and complex tasks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Programming Language For Electrical Engineer / A Simple Explanation Of Functions And Stacks / I Want To Teach Myself Php And HTML, What Are The Programming Softwares I Can St

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.