Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? (381 Views)

What Are Your Prayers God Have Answered In Year 2023? / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:26am On Nov 15, 2020
If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe?

The divers views and prophecies given by some regarded as men of God concerning the same recent events, have led some Christians to a state of confusion concerning who to believe as they considered them to speaking on God's behalf.

That was situation I found myself a long time ago when I used to take the views of those I regarded as "men of God" as the Truth, but the decision I made proved very pivotal in getting me to the level of my present walk with God.

I went on my knees and said, "Heavenly Father, this man said this, and the other man said that, but what do You say?"

And though i didn't know the gravity of what i had done at the time, considering how things have panned out ever since, it gives me the impression that God was very pleased with the decision I made to seek His Own view concerning the matter.

It was as a result of that experience that i got to learn that even genuine men and true prophets of God" could also get it wrong on some occasions too. I was also able to confirm that with instances in the Bible, for instance, Samuel, God's servant, who got it wrong with Eliab.

So i wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason God revealed to me the Words He gave to His Son Jesus to give to men, because it was perfect and without any error as those of such men.

Jesus said:

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. John 17:8 (KJV)

So the Words of Jesus were actually God's own Words and what God had to say to men, therefore I took it to be what God had to say to me.

Hence every word or teaching I find in the Bible or anywhere, regardless of who it is, even if it be a true man of God, prophet or apostle of Christ, it would have to pass the test of the teachings of Christ, otherwise I would consider to be the view of men and not of God.

I believe that ought to be the same for every true follower of Jesus, because there are many brethren but just one Master, and it's Jesus.

Hence when they find themselves in a position where 2 or more men they regard as men of God have opposing views on the same thing, they should understand that it's because they are men and not God, so they could also get it wrong.

Hence they should seek to know the view of God concerning the matter, because the view of God is one not two, since God is One, and Jesus is One with the Father.

God bless.
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by theFilmtric: 7:31am On Nov 15, 2020
The one that's following the Bible

theFilmtricsay

1 Like

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 15, 2020
The law is made for man, not man for the law.

Believe the one spoken by the Holy Spirit because He is greater than the law and command. It is written “he that is led by the Spirit is above the law.”

-Follow what the Spirit says. Remember, we are one body of Christ but gracefilled soul are under the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Talking from experience and encounters..

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by Redoil: 7:40am On Nov 15, 2020
so many Christian denomination has sprang up do to different opposing views
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by Ade3131: 7:40am On Nov 15, 2020
None

2 Likes

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by ibuildstuff(m): 7:43am On Nov 15, 2020
Wolgrace:
The law is made for man, not man for the law.

Believe the one spoken by the Holy Spirit because He is greater than the law and command. It is written “he that is led by the Spirit is above the law.”

-Follow what the Spirit says. Remember, we are one body of Christ but gracefilled soul are under the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Talking from experience and encounters..
What exactly are they doing here

1 Like

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by MickzyDonald: 7:48am On Nov 15, 2020
I won't believe none of them, I don't trust them before

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by LordIsaac(m): 7:51am On Nov 15, 2020
The Bible; not emotional outbursts.

1 Like

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by DropsMic(m): 7:51am On Nov 15, 2020
Believe none....

1 Like

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by DropsMic(m): 7:52am On Nov 15, 2020
ibuildstuff:

How old are you?
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by Lawgod247: 7:52am On Nov 15, 2020
Ok
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by WandaMaximoff: 7:54am On Nov 15, 2020
The Spirit of God and what The Word of God says about it.

The problem is that, we always want to be logical about the things of God but that makes us limit ourselves to head knowledge instead of what God says about the subject.
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:56am On Nov 15, 2020
Will believe myself

1 Like

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by tobechi74: 8:00am On Nov 15, 2020
Follow your conscience and experience

1 Like

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by 9jamustchange: 8:07am On Nov 15, 2020
The Bible
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by MrPresident1: 8:09am On Nov 15, 2020
MrPresident1:
Donald Trump is king of America in the order of Anointed god-kings like Cyrus of Persia, both named by name in the Bible. Only an anointed god-king could have built the temple of God in Jerusalem.

Solomon did it. Cyrus did it. The Donald did it too! Jesus will do it!

This conspiracy against The Donald will unravel; the Donald will have a great victory, he will trump his enemies, he will triumph over all of them. The voice of victory will be loud and total and complete, without any equivocation. It will be clear to everyone that the Donald has triumphed over all his enemies.

President Joe Biden's tenure is not found in the Bible. Sleepy Joe will not be president.

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

When President Trump triumphs and blows his trump and it becomes clear as daylight there is now no longer any opposition whatsoever to his kingship, rulership and and dominion, and that of America over the world too, then we will hear from heaven.

We will hear the trump of God.

2 Samuel 22:14-16
The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice.
15 And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them.
16 And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.

Psalms 18:13
The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.

Everything before the end of this generation [of the sun].

Matthew 24:34
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 15, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Based on the topic, it’s the same Spirit. Not by filthy view. Truly, the law and command is good (Romans 7:12), but the Spirit gives life.

-When a man comes to ask for alms or help, the law and command says “give.” But leading of Holy Spirit may say “don’t give.” The instruction of the Holy Spirit is more weightier than the law and command because there is a reason and purpose for that instruction. DON’T QUESTION HIM, JUST OBEY. Disobedience to His instruction leads to calamity and disaster (Proverbs 1:21-33)..

A Holy Spirit led preacher is more closer to God than the one of the law without God’s leading power (2Timothy3:5). Legalistic preachers by the law and command are mostly blind and deaf which gives more room to religious thief called spirit of fanaticism (religious spirit).. Many of them are on nairaland!
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2020
Redoil:
so many Christian denomination has sprang up do to different opposing views
It wasn't so in the beginning.
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by ibuildstuff(m): 9:36am On Nov 15, 2020
DropsMic:

How old are you?
Someone cannot even joke with u people again, life is not that serious

1 Like

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by ibuildstuff(m): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2020
Wolgrace:

Based on the topic, it’s the same Spirit. Not by filthy view. Truly, the law and command is good (Romans 7:12), but the Spirit gives life.

-When a man comes to ask for alms or help, the law and command says “give.” But leading of Holy Spirit may say “don’t give.” The instruction of the Holy Spirit is more weightier than the law and command because there is a reason and purpose for that instruction. DON’T QUESTION HIM, JUST OBEY. Disobedience to His instruction leads to calamity and disaster (Proverbs 1:21-33)..

A Holy Spirit led preacher is more closer to God than the one of the law without God’s leading power (2Timothy3:5). Legalistic preachers by the law and command are mostly blind and deaf which gives more room to religious thief called spirit of fanaticism (religious spirit).. Many of them are on nairaland!
I'm not asking base on the topic but on that picture I crop out n I was joking btw
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by LordReed(m): 10:43am On Nov 15, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2020
ibuildstuff:

I'm not asking base on the topic but on that picture I crop out n I was joking btw

I understand
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by xproducer: 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2020
Believe the word of GOD - the Holy Bible!

"These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so." - Acts 17:11

We are to compare what the Bible says with itself; constantly praying in humility that GOD will mercifully reveal spiritual truths therein.

"These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual." - 1 Corinthians 2:13
Re: If 2 "Men Of God" Have Opposing Views On Same Thing, Who Would You Believe? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:17am On Nov 16, 2020
theFilmtric:
The one that's following the Bible

theFilmtricsay
Two of them could follow the Bible and still have opposing views...

(1) (Reply)

Areas To Pay Attention 2021: Principles Of Advancement By Apostle Joshua Selman / Planted Inside The Crucified Jesus Christ Fresh Each Second / Woman Scolds Her Apprentice For Wearing Trouser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.