Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,338 members, 7,836,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why Do You Listen To That Preacher? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Listen To That Preacher? (144 Views)

Preacher Stabbed While Delivering Sermon In Sydney Church(photos) / Leke Adeboye: I Listen To Fela’s Music A Lot - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Listen To That Preacher? by Rapture4real(m): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2020
Many people listen to a preacher-pastor based on personal choice and not the leading of the Holy Spirit. Some, based on the fact that they are traditional members of a denomination. Our choice of a preacher should be based on preaching the truth about what willl make us a good christian and prepare us for heaven. I dont listen to just any preacher or read just any book. I have been digesting Watchman Nee's book and renewed thru it. I'd rather listen to secular orators than listen to motivational speaking all the time in the church. Once in a while is okay. But if all I listen to every Sunday is how to.make it in life, I will not grow as a christian. Who do you listen to as a preacher? The following are my best preachers and reasons why I love their.messages.
Pst Kumuyi, Bro. Gbile Akanni and Pst Niyi Makanjuola. What they have in common:
1.Preaching the truth of holiness, becoming like Christ, pointing their audience to Jesus and preparing them for heaven
2.They practise what they preach
3.Not in ministry for gain
4.They are genuinely born again, genuinely called into the ministry and doing God's will.
5.If they lose all the material things they have, they will still continue the work
6.They do not promote carnality,materialism,prosperity etc
7.They do not get possession by.manipulating people
8.Their family exemplify what they preach etc
How do I know?Do I stay with them? I have only seen Bro. Gbile at close contact several times, I have seen Baba Kumuyi at distance.Ive not seen Pst Niyi Makanjuola at all but there is no single day without listening to his messages for the past five years. I even ordered for 50 copies at a time.By their fruits, you shall know them. If you are going to heaven and desiring to live a victorious christian life,listen to the above preachers. Dont choose a preacher because he preaches what makes you happy but because he tells you the truth.Jesus and John the Baptist and Apostlea didnt preach to make people happy. They were concerned about heavens. Todays preachers adopt customers friendly approach to gain more members and more money, hence there are as many churches as there are many sinners.

(1) (Reply)

Send In Your Prayer Request / Don’t Worry! God Is In Control Of That Situation / Difference Between Area Boys And Nomadic Hoodlums (IMPORTANT READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.