Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong (3905 Views)

What Exactly Will Go Wrong If The CBN Floods The Economy With Dollars? / Pls Advice On How To Run A Cab Bizness In Abuja / Starting And Running A Hair Salon In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by kodewrita(m): 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2011
Hi,

A friend is about to start a cab service and is busy recruiting staff. what should he watch out for? what could go wrong? whats the best way to manage it?

He's mostly at work and will not be there to manage it 24hrs.

Your thots and ideas please.
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by pastort1(m): 6:49am On Mar 18, 2011
I currently manage a fleet of cars for commercial purposes. If you are ready to invest, you can make a minimum of 80% of your investment in two years.

HOW?

You will buy a toyota camry 1999 model (tiny light)-must be very clean.
You will have a comprehensive insurance cover on the vehicle
You will also install a tracker
Maximum total investment - 1.2 million
You will then transfer to us
We will give to a driver who will pay 100k per month
Out of which we pay you 90k every month
Any default will result in the withdrawal of the car - previous remittances will be lost (Solid contract to be signed)
Ownership of the car automaticaly transfers to the driver after 24 months
All maintenance will be borne by the driver
We have experienced drivers waiting to start at short notice

If you are interested, please call me on 08023153739 or send a mail to afaleye@aviareps.com
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by Uchek(m): 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2011
My company will like to partner with you. We can provide affordable and low-cost maintenance and service which will eliminate breakdowns and cost of vehicle maintenance and service thereby increasing your profit.

Call me at 0704 396 1982

Thanks
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
He should watch-out for LASTMA.
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by fuqua: 11:15pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ pastor, i will like to believe you. Do you have any verifiable references? It really looks attractive.
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by kennykay(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
Nice idea!

You invest say 1.2M over 2year period.

Get paid 90k every month for 2 years: 90K x 24 = 2.16M

Profit = 2.16M - 1.2M = 0.96M.

It's fair enough, better than fixed deposit optio.
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by aviyon: 11:59am On Apr 06, 2011
@pastor t.

I like your idea. would like to do business with yu when the time is right. will yu manage a commercial bus (15-18 seater)?
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by ufumes(m): 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2011
just be sure that you have new cars, if not you will spend most of your income repairing your cars
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by pastort1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2011
aviyon:

@pastor t.

I like your idea. would like to do business with yu when the time is right. will yu manage a commercial bus (15-18 seater)?

No. We are only working with Camry
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by JAZES(m): 10:55am On Apr 14, 2011
ufumes:

just be sure that you have new cars, if not you will spend most of your income repairing your cars

Exactly my thoughts.
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by Fiver: 12:46am On Apr 15, 2011
there are so many spammers on here, instead of contributing you are advertising your invincible business and asking or partnership
the moderators are giving you freee time

annoying set of rouges
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by RichDad1(m): 8:51am On Apr 19, 2011
@Poster,
Management and maintanance of the fleet is the no 1 priority.Believe me i've been there.I worked with E-Taxi from inception till closure and i i can tell you authoritatively that during our first 6 months we record an average of 15-18million monthly but due to bad management the company was forced to close by the financier(Skye Bank)Imagine paying some irrelivant managers 200k monthly while there are several cars that needs to be fixed.Transportation business is one of the best in Lagos in terms of returns and liquidity.You can contact me @at gmail.com for further insight and other avoidable mistakes.Peace
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2011
@Poster and Other ppl for Transportaion Business.

Given our experience in the sales and supply of advanced security and safety technology.

we have developed an effective vehicle security and fleet management solution known as PEBON-TRACK- designed to work on the platform of Local GSM Network and Global Positioning System (GPS Satellite) providing online/real-time position of vehicles. This means that right from the comfort of your home or office you can maintain contact with your client’s Vehicles thereby reducing risks,exposure and eventually drive down insurance claims.

Benefits:-

•In case of theft, your client’s vehicle is just a phone call away

• You could monitor, keep track, safeguard and control your client’s vehicles at anytime and from the comfort of your home, office or anywhere in the world.

• You could Stop/Start/Control Speed Limit and Set Geo-Fence online

• Good adaptability to all car/truck brands and existing security alarm signals

• 24 hours Live Tracking/Monitoring Service from our Command and Control Station.

We believe that PEBON-TRACK matches your organizational needs of cost saving, secured assets and excellent service delivery.
Please find enclosed herewith a free quote while we await your advice and kindly contact the undersigned for a free demonstration.

lil_henshaw@yahoo.com
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by Fiver: 5:58pm On May 24, 2011
So how is it going?
Re: Running A Cab Service: What Could Go Wrong by mrsage(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Decent Honda Accord in good working condition.
Educated and decent driver to drive you to your destination.
Point to point service
Pick up service
Good knowledge of Lagos roads.
Kindly call: 08024130609

(1) (Reply)

Julius Berger Recorded A Growth Of 2.08% & 29.5% In Revenue & Net Income / 10 Best-selling Most Popular Niches To Make Money Online / 11 Ways To Make Money With Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.