Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition (313 Views)

2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition / Bianca’s Siblings Attack Ojukwu’s Sons Over Senatorial Ambition / Bianca Ojukwu’s Senatorial Ambition Tears APGA Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition by Jeboy(m): 1:02am On Nov 16, 2020
Abiodun Nejo, Ado Ekiti

Former Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has debunked insinuations that he was nursing a Senatorial ambition.

Fayose, a two-term governor, who hails from Ekiti Central Senatorial District, said, “I don’t like to be a senator who will be making laws that the executive would not have the courage to implement.”

The former governor, who spoke on a special radio programme monitored in Ado Ekiti on Saturday night as part of activities marking his 60th birthday anniversary, said, “I am eminently qualified to become Nigeria’s President if people like Olusegun Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari could be so ‘graced’ to be presidents.”

According to him, his popularity, courageous spirit, unique contributions to the upliftment of Ekiti state and other remarkable contributions to lifting different categories of people who had no hope of becoming anything in life across the country are enough credentials to make him become Nigeria’s president.

Asked when he was going to join the race, he said, “God’s time does not always agree with humans’ calculations. But God has been so kind to me in my journeys through life. The best way to appreciate God is to work for Him.”

https://punchng.com/fayose-denies-nursing-senatorial-ambition/
Re: Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition by TossTos: 1:04am On Nov 16, 2020
Deny or admit it , time will tell { in trump's voice }
Re: Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition by Jeboy(m): 1:06am On Nov 16, 2020
Exactly you cannot trust Naija politicians especially past governors who feel being in Senate is their birthright.
TossTos:
Deny or admit it , time will tell { in trump's voice }
Re: Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition by Ever8090: 1:24am On Nov 16, 2020
Buhari denied wanting to contest for second term,.but today Nigerians are praying for 2023 to come fast...
Re: Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition by Moferere: 2:04am On Nov 16, 2020
If I have the opportunity to be governor for 8 years.

Why should I aspire to be a Senator?

It is madness.

It's either I leave the country and enjoy my money outside Nigeria or I set up a farm, use it as a cover, enjoy my money in my village till death comes knocking.

I can as well relocate to Abuja and start using my goodwill to get contracts.

Opportunities plenty, but Senate is a no - no for me.
Re: Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition by Amotolongbo(f): 2:20am On Nov 16, 2020
Asked when he was going to join the race, he said, “God’s time does not always agree with humans’ calculations. But God has been so kind to me in my journeys through life. The best way to appreciate God is to work for Him.
shocked shocked sad
Re: Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition by Seerade029: 2:32am On Nov 16, 2020
Amotolongbo:
shocked shocked sad

With that statement, don't be surprised if he opens church tomorrow and become a pastor.
Re: Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition by duduade: 3:10am On Nov 16, 2020
2023 is around the corner

Don't be surprised if we see his banners running for senator

At least he is debunking the rumors unlike that Amosun who has no shame

God will fight for Nigeria
Re: Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition by helinues: 4:43am On Nov 16, 2020
So he is simply telling us his nursing doctoring presidential position?

Under which political party oo?
Re: Fayose Denies Nursing Senatorial Ambition by 1beat(m): 5:01am On Nov 16, 2020
Na today. he won retirement filed

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Responsible For The Current Inflation / NNPC Begs Labour For One Week Grace To Consult On Reversal Of Fuel Price / IMO BY- ELECTION: Court Disqualifies Senator Ifeanyi Araraume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.