Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,424 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:41 AM

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos (24597 Views)

Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet / Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George / Photos From Lateef Jakande 90th Birthday Party: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by hush15: 10:13am On Nov 16, 2020
TheRareGem1:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was in Lagos on Sunday.

He was at the Bourdillon residence of former Governor Bola Tinubu.

Tinubu is the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Also at the meeting was Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos APC Chairman, Tunde Balogun, and Abiodun Faleke, a member of the House of Representatives.

All at the gathering are Tinubu’s staunch loyalists.

The agenda of the meeting could not be ascertain as at press time.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/15/osinbajo-tinubu-sanwo-olu-meet-in-lagos/

Umahi wan go face these ones...
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Jostoman: 10:20am On Nov 16, 2020
bsalawu:
Make e end well sha!
Osinbajo coming to Lagos to beg Sanwo olu not to open up about lekki tollgate. But God will surely exposed all of them one by one.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 10:31am On Nov 16, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Which igbo man is as half as popular as Tinubu? Maybe Ojukwu sha - and that one isnt popularity but notoriety. grin

Aside Buhari, Tinubu is the most popular active Nigerian politician today. Of course, I don't support his contesting - PYO should ideally be the next in line.

You are joking. Firstly I'm not Igbo, I'm from south-south. Take it for a fact, Tinubu & Osinbanjo are not popular outside SW. You shall see it for yourself in 2023.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by rollandben(m): 10:33am On Nov 16, 2020
I don't know why I dislike this man called Jagaban of Lagos. May God 4give me, I don't like seeing his face
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Misterdhee1(m): 10:34am On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

You are joking. Firstly I'm not Igbo, I'm from south-south. Take it for a fact, Tinubu & Osinbanjo are not popular outside SW. You shall see it for yourself in 2023.
Okay, which SS politician dead or alive is half as popular as Tinubu?

Or better still which living/active politician in Nigeria outside Buhari is as popular as Tinubu? Just mention one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by BreconHills(m): 10:36am On Nov 16, 2020
doggedfighter:
Always meeting for their personal interests not in the interest of the country or her her citizens

Which politician places citizens interests above their own. At best they will converge.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Okay, which SS politician dead or alive is half as popular as Tinubu?

It's not the person, it is the party. APC is seen as a demonic party in the SS. If the APC fail to pick a candidate from SE they will completely be 4gotten in SS & SE. I don't want APC to pick a SE candidate but that is the only string holding them in SS & SE.

SS & SE can vote a Northerner if the person comes from PDP. The politics in 2023 will be very tough for the APC. Tinubu killed his political game when he supported Buhari, just as SS people loved, but now hate Oshiomole because of Buhari. That's how the SE & SS now hate Rochas, Amaechi, Akpabio & now Umahi. This is party politics at play.

I'm just discussing oh. We can just talk neutrally & learn.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Jackson105: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

He should be a leader of SW. If he tries to take power in Nigeria come 2023 he will fail. That guy is not popular outside SW.

Pls, tell me those popular outside their region

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by NathaFlow(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2020
rubbish
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Jackson105: 10:51am On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

It's not the person, it is the party. APC is seen as a demonic party in the SS. If the APC fail to pick a candidate from SE they will completely be 4gotten in SS & SE. I don't want APC to pick a SE candidate but that is the only string holding them in SS & SE.

SS & SE can vote a Northerner if the person comes from PDP. The politics in 2023 will be very tough for the APC. Tinubu killed his political game when he supported Buhari, just as SS people loved, but now hate Oshiomole because of Buhari. That's how the SE & SS now hate Rochas, Amaechi, Akpabio & now Umahi. This is party politics at play.

To hell with SE/SS when will u guys learn? Did u guys vote buhari in 2015, did he not win, what about 2019?

U never learn just blabbing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by naijadrivablog: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2020
techmo:
cool

Watch Ibo people condemn the meeting of Yoruba leaders out of envy, Nigerian Vice President, National leader of the ruling party and Governor of the most economically vibrant state in Nigeria

Small minds discuss tribes. You must not tribalise every post. NL Rule 2?
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Misterdhee1(m): 10:57am On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

It's you that doesn't understand politics really. Politics is all about structure. The next president will be the person with the most widespread structure and finances to ginger the structure. SS/SE votes are almost negligible in the scheme of things. NW/SW/NC/NE permutations are the major deal, since SE/SS have always gone to PDP. Again, ask yourself if there's any active politician with Tinubu's kind of structure nationwide, aside Buhari.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by able20(m): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2020
Gandollaar:
Tinubu is the APC national leader...

cheesy

That was where his problems started grin
national leader without any leadership position

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2020
Jackson105:

To hell with SE/SS when will u guys learn? Did u guys vote buhari in 2015, did he not win, what about 2019?

U never learn just blabbing

Look... The electoral power is in the North, not even in the SS or SE. Whoever the the North supports will likely win. It's obvious, the northerners are not rooting for Tinubu, not sure about Osinbanjo yet.

If the North wants to hold on to power then the north will have it with support from SE & SS.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Jackson105: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

Look... The electoral power is in the North, not even in the SS or SE. Whoever the the North supports will likely win. It's obvious, the northerners are not rooting for Tinubu, not sure about Osinbanjo yet.

If the North wants to hold on to power then the north will have it with support from SE & SS.

Just wait and see

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2020
Jackson105:

Pls, tell me those popular outside their region

It is party politics at play in 2023. Not popularity of a candidate....
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 11:14am On Nov 16, 2020
Misterdhee1:

It's you that doesn't understand politics really. Politics is all about structure. The next president will be the person with the most widespread structure and finances to ginger the structure. SS/SE votes are almost negligible in the scheme of things. NW/SW/NC/NE permutations are the major deal, since SE/SS have always gone to PDP. Again, ask yourself if there's any active politician with Tinubu's kind of structure nationwide, aside Buhari.

Every geopolitical zone is rooting for her own tribesman. SS man is not popular in the SE. A SS is not popular in SW. A NC man is not popular in SW. It all depends on the parties. I have been predicting election since 2007, even states elections I have never been wrong. I doubt if I will fail this time.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 11:19am On Nov 16, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Every geopolitical zone is rooting for her own tribesman. SS man is not popular in the SE. A SS is not popular in SW. A NC man is not popular in SW. It all depends on the parties. I have been predicting election since 2007, even states elections I have never been wrong. I doubt if I will fail this time.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Misterdhee1(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

Oga, Buhari wasn't popular outside the northern region, but his alliance with Tinubu got him the presidency. The same alliance will get Tinubu or anyone he annoints the presidency. It's all about structure and alignment. SE isn't getting the presidency yet because they are yet to learn the basic tenet of political alignment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 11:30am On Nov 16, 2020
Openbusiness:
As usual, fine boy dark and handsome Governor. God bless my Governor Sanwo Olu. He's not perfect but he has shown he still has a listening ear to the voice of the people. May God bless your administration and give you wisdom to lead Lagos forward to a better place.

a governor that lied about what really happened at lekki? Na for next election we go remind him......
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by danilmo: 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

So tell us who is at least popular in a region like Tinubu and more popular than Osinbanjo and tinubu across the Nation and can actually stand their duo game plan come 2023..
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2020
danilmo:

So tell us who is at least popular in a region like Tinubu and more popular than Osinbanjo and tinubu across the Nation and can actually stand their duo game plan come 2023..

It's not about candidate it's about party. Will Tinubu get the ticket?
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Oga, Buhari wasn't popular outside the northern region, but his alliance with Tinubu got him the presidency. The same alliance will get Tinubu or anyone he annoints the presidency. It's all about structure and alignment. SE isn't getting the presidency yet because they are yet to learn the basic tenet of political alignment.

That's the point, the party & the people in it was what made Buhari popular. Tinubu has no alignment in SS & SE. His alignment in NE is crumbling because of El' Rufai. Some APC members in the North are going to kill his game.

Everybody in the party is there for his or her interest.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Misterdhee1(m): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

That's the point, the party & the people in it was what made Buhari popular. Tinubu has no alignment in SS & SE. His alignment in NE is crumbling because of El' Rufai. Some APC members in the North are going to kill his game.

Everybody in the party is there for his or her interest.
Who told you this? El-rufai has no structure anywhere beyond his village. Is El-rufai even as strong as Ganduje save the corruption allegations? Almost all the top guns in the north are Tinubu's men. You necessarily don't have to agree - but I have my facts cos I relate with those that are in the know. I repeat Tinubu's only major Achille's hill is his being Muslim. Despite that, the ticket is still his to lose. He will most likely push Osibanjo forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Who told you this? El-rufai has no structure anywhere beyond his village. Is El-rufai even as strong as Ganduje save the corruption allegations? Almost all the top guns in the north are Tinubu's men. You necessarily don't have to agree - but I have my facts cos I relate with those that are in the know. I repeat Tinubu's only major Achille's hill is his being Muslim. Despite that, the ticket is still his to lose. He will most likely push Osibanjo forward.

WATCH THE ELECTION PLAY OUT. THE FORCES THAT CRIPPLED OSHIOMOLE WILL CRIPPLE TINUBU.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Misterdhee1(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

WATCH THE ELECTION PLAY OUT. THE FORCES THAT CRIPPLED OSHIOMOLE WILL CRIPPLE TINUBU.
They forces are minions when it comes to political strategy. APC's only hope of survival lies in how it handles the caucus with the largest ego. PMB's cabal understood that on time, and hence had to retrace their steps prior to the 2019 elections.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by danilmo: 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

It's not about candidate it's about party. Will Tinubu get the ticket?

if ure in doubt who do u think has the much connection to most likely get the ticket aside Tinubu or Osinbanjo dynasty?? Tinubu has the highest political foot soldiers already, that one is the least.

infact anyone aiming at same level with Tinubu or Osinbanjo if they declare their ambition will b somehow , like u wan contest primary with Jagaban?? arhh.. abi who dey the party wey go like test the the mic ?? reason am. nobody..

meanwhile the way Tinubu handled ondo state primary election was so outstanding.. He called even his son(segun Abraham), ife oyedele and lot more to step down and they respected it, that brought peace to ondo primary..

lol, APC isn't PDP o where the interested bigwig like of kwankwanso, Tambuwa, Atiku, Markafi can drag..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2020
danilmo:

if ure in doubt who do u think has the much connection to most likely get the ticket aside Tinubu or Osinbanjo dynasty?? Tinubu has the highest political foot soldiers already, that one is the least.

infact anyone aiming at same level with Tinubu or Osinbanjo if they declare their ambition will b somehow , like u wan contest primary with Jagaban?? arhh.. abi who dey the party wey go like test the the mic ?? reason am. nobody..

meanwhile the way Tinubu handled ondo state primary election was so outstanding.. He called even his son(segun Abraham), ife oyedele and lot more to step down and they respected it, that brought peace to ondo primary..

lol, APC isn't PDP o where the interested bigwig like of kwankwanso, Tambuwa, Atiku, Markafi can drag..

The second point is this, who then becomes his running mate. If he picks a Northerner, it becomes two Muslims, Tinubu & his northern vice.

If he decides to put Osinbanjo in the primaries, El' Rufai & Amechi will easily crush him in the party.

So how will the game go?
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by danilmo: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2020
misano:

The second point is this, who then becomes his running mate. If he picks a Northerner, it becomes two Muslims, Tinubu & his northern vice.

If he decides to put Osinbanjo in the primaries, El' Rufai & Amechi will easily crush him in the party.

So how will the game go?

Osinbanjo is on easy ride.. Once Tinubu pitch tent for Osinbanjo, almost all loyalist of Tinubu will go for Osinbanjo, Tinubu will run it for him,

Almost all loyalist of Tinubu are lover of Osinbanjo and ll likely respect tinubus decision..

is it possible to lobe tinubu and not love Osinbanjo??

As for Tinubu clinching ticket, that one will settle itself u would b surprised by then..

E.g Dokara can b used as figure head.. the main thing is Tinubu , he's a Muslim and ll use that advantage self, dokara as vp will just b there for political figure head.

So forget o, things will allign and solution will just come like abracadabra..

Elrufai is a no no, he might just take form for future politics, moreover elrufai has no much party loyalist across the country, only Kaduna and few in general north, forget his parry with fayemi, infact it's making party people start hating fayemi self,Ameachi too has no much loyalist, he's house in Rivers state is still not in order, where did he want to see the loyalist against Tinubu bigwigs across the country??
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by adekolaelect(m): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
Nazgul:
Dave umahi if Ebobyi would become the next president of Nigeria...what figure of speech is this? grin
future impossible Tense .

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by misano(m): 11:40pm On Nov 16, 2020
danilmo:

Osinbanjo is on easy ride.. Once Tinubu pitch tent for Osinbanjo, almost all loyalist of Tinubu will go for Osinbanjo, Tinubu will run it for him,

Almost all loyalist of Tinubu are lover of Osinbanjo and ll likely respect tinubus decision..

is it possible to lobe tinubu and not love Osinbanjo??

As for Tinubu clinching ticket, that one will settle itself u would b surprised by then..

E.g Dokara can b used as figure head.. the main thing is Tinubu , he's a Muslim and ll use that advantage self, dokara as vp will just b there for political figure head.

So forget o, things will allign and solution will just come like abracadabra..

Elrufai is a no no, he might just take form for future politics, moreover elrufai has no much party loyalist across the country, only Kaduna and few in general north, forget his parry with fayemi, infact it's making party people start hating fayemi self,Ameachi too has no much loyalist, he's house in Rivers state is still not in order, where did he want to see the loyalist against Tinubu bigwigs across the country??

2023, we will see.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Sanwo-olu Meet In Lagos by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 17, 2020
2023 President and Vice president elect.

I'll check back in 2023 by the grace of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Many Killed As Explosion Rocks Damaturu Sunday Market / Orji Kalu Visits Ndoma-Egba Over Destruction of Property by Hoodlums (Photos) / Ndume Defies Buhari, Oshiomhole On Senate Presidency, Unfolds Nine-point Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.