Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet (16088 Views)

APC NEC Concluded As Osinbajo Leads Birthday Song For Gbajabiamila & Sanwo-Olu / Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Attend AFCON clash between Nigeria and Cameroon / Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Visit Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Lanrelagboi: 4:42am On Apr 15, 2021
Today, I met with the Senate President @DrAhmadLawan at his residence. Also present was the Speaker of House of Representatives @femigbaja.

I commended the stability of @nassnigeria and the necessary cooperation with the FG on important issues of governance.

I also used the opportunity to discuss issues of fundamental interest to the progress of Lagos State.

I implored @nassnigeria to support our demand for a special status and funding for our state due to the burden we carry as the commercial centre and melting pot of the country.

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1382424652006440961?s=19

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by techmo(m): 4:49am On Apr 15, 2021
cool

Nice one Sanwo-Olu

Lagos is the home of 20million Nigerians from accross the 774 Local Government of Nigeria, that's like 10% of Nigeria's Population

Lagos needs special status, special allocation .... It has the busiest Sea and Land borders serving the entire Nation, it hosts most the busiest international airport, host many embassies, it has too many Federal roads abandoned since Abuja became capital

All these burdens makes Lagos require Special Status

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Aaa007: 5:00am On Apr 15, 2021
naso grin meanwhile south-east is burning

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Koralords: 5:22am On Apr 15, 2021
Long overdue,everything about Lagos is special
A country within a country
Eko onibaje

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Elonmuskfan: 5:26am On Apr 15, 2021
Then Kano needs special status as well cos its the commercial capital of northern Nigeria and is easily Nigeria’s most populated state.

Rivers as well cos it’s the commercial capital of oil revenue which Lagos state highly benefits from in terms of allocation.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by uptimum123(m): 5:26am On Apr 15, 2021
Lagos needs this, infact Nigeria needs this

Because Lagos is Nigeria

19 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by helinues: 5:26am On Apr 15, 2021
Tbh, that's long overdue...

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by helinues: 5:27am On Apr 15, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
Then Kano needs special status as well cos its the commercial capital of northern Nigeria and Nigeria’s most populated north.

Rivers as well cos it’s the commercial capital of Nigeria’s oil revenue which Lagos state highly enjoys in terms of allocation.

This thread is about Lagos state.. If those you listed are also interested in special status, tell them to lobby for it

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by uptimum123(m): 5:28am On Apr 15, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
Then Kano needs special status as well cos its the commercial capital of northern Nigeria and Nigeria’s most populated north.

Rivers as well cos it’s the commercial capital of Nigeria’s oil revenue which Lagos state highly enjoys in terms of allocation.

And are you aware that thousands if not millions of indigene of those state resides and do business in Lagos state

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Moferere: 5:44am On Apr 15, 2021
Which special status are we talking about here?
Lagos is a state like every other states.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by selemempe: 5:49am On Apr 15, 2021
Aaa007:
naso grin
meanwhile south-east is burning
you seem happy that a part of the country you claim to love is 'burning'

You see now why Nigeria is a scam and will never progress?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by helinues: 5:49am On Apr 15, 2021
Moferere:

No, Lagos is different cos it accommodate lots of refugees from other regions..

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by jethro2013(m): 5:49am On Apr 15, 2021
All for jagaban..
Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by clothingonline(m): 5:50am On Apr 15, 2021
Federal government is generating trillions on Lagos as non oil revenue and not giving Lagos anything back give Lagos 13 percent back minimum like u doing in oil revenue state

21 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Nonso92(m): 5:50am On Apr 15, 2021
Make the meeting get head, naim sure pass

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Kevinsamba: 5:50am On Apr 15, 2021
sad
Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by NOC1(m): 5:50am On Apr 15, 2021
Moferere:

No is a state with difference, the migration of people to Lagos is affecting its facilities

19 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 15, 2021
Eko for show

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Moferere: 5:51am On Apr 15, 2021
helinues:

No, Lagos it different cos it accommodate lots of refugees from other region..

Are there IDP/Refugee Camps in Lagos?

Some of you talk carelessly.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Elonmuskfan: 5:52am On Apr 15, 2021
helinues:

This thread is about Lagos state.. If those you listed are also interested in special status, tell them to lobby for it
the bone of contention here is the meritocracy of special status on the context of population which kano, as much as lagos deserves. Stop trying to shy away from the truth.
Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Brunicekid(m): 5:53am On Apr 15, 2021
Moferere:
Stay there and lamba yourself..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by 9jaRealist: 5:54am On Apr 15, 2021
>
More than WELL-DESERVED...
Given the burden of the smallest state carrying the biggest population.

Look at the story of the amputee pure water seller...
Left Onitsha to come all the way to Lagos to seek her fortune.

Without Lagos...
Nigeria would be approaching Fourth World status by now.

EKO ONI BAJE!
cool

PS: Btw, during our parents’ era, special status for Lagos was reportedly in the report to move the federal capital to Abuja.
>

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by computer0810(m): 5:54am On Apr 15, 2021
Moferere:

Am sure some of ur family are refugees in lagos

20 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by helinues: 5:55am On Apr 15, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
the bone of contention here is the meritocracy of special status on the context of population which kano, as much as lagos deserves. Stop trying to shy away from the truth.

Is Lagos not accommodating reasonable % of the indegenes of those states? How many Lagosians are in Kano?

21 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by bakynes(m): 5:56am On Apr 15, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
Kano may have a huge Population like Lagos but its not generating enough money for the FG like Lagos.

24 Likes

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by helinues: 5:57am On Apr 15, 2021
Moferere:

Are there IDP/Refugee Camps in Lagos?

Some of you talk carelessly.

Go to Ojota motor park, and witness their trooping in .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by seyicodes(m): 5:57am On Apr 15, 2021
Good day Nairalanders,
Please is there anyone who is willing to do uber/bolt business ,
* I am willing to collect car on hire purchase.
* I can pay up to 30 - 35k weekly.
* I have experience in the transport business. ( Over 5 Years Experience )
* I stay around Ebute Metta ( East ) Lagos.
* I was a mini Bus Driver before i stopped it due to the intimidation of Lagos State Task Force.
* I am responsible and i Keep to my word.
* I am very hard working and i can work for more than 15 hours daily.
* Please give me a chance.
* I Dont mind if the vehicle hire purchase price is 4 Million Naira. ( I am hard Working , I will pay up insha Allah )

1 Like

Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by PHPdeveloper200: 5:58am On Apr 15, 2021
The north will never agree to this
Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by Duplexxx: 5:59am On Apr 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet by helinues: 5:59am On Apr 15, 2021
seyicodes:
Good evening Nairalanders,
Please is there anyone who is willing to do uber/bolt business ,
* I am willing to collect car on hire purchase.
* I can pay up to 30 - 35k weekly.
* I have experience in the transport business. ( Over 5 Years Experience )
* I stay around Ebute Metta ( East ) Lagos.
* I was a mini Bus Driver before i stopped it due to the intimidation of Lagos State Task Force.
* I am responsible and i Keep to my word.
* I am very hard working and i can work for more than 15 hours daily.
* Please give me a chance.
* I Dont mind if the vehicle hire purchase price is 4 Million Naira. ( I am hard Working , I will pay up insha Allah )

Good evening when we are in the morning.. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akpabio Builds Four Points Sheraton In Akwa Ibom / U.S. Pledges More Equipment, Others For Anti-b’haram War / Urhobo Women Protest Against Sowore’s Continued Detention (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.