|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,599,120 members, 6,033,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 December 2020 at 12:07 PM
|Have You Ever Tried Flax Seed? by FRUTVEGS: 2:09pm On Nov 16|
Have you ever tried Flax Seed?
For centuries, flax seeds have been prized for their health-protective properties. Nowadays, flax seeds are emerging as a “super food” as more scientific research points to their health benefits.
Here are 10 health benefits of flax seeds that are backed by science.
1. Flax seeds are good sources of many nutrients. Their health benefits are mainly due to their content of omega-3 fats, lignans and fiber.
2. If you are a vegetarian or don’t eat fish, flax seeds can be your best source of omega-3 fats. They are a rich source of the omega-3 fatty acid ALA. Plant-based ALA fatty acids are proven to have heart health benefits and are linked to a lower risk of stroke.
3. Flax seeds contain a group of nutrients called lignans, which have powerful antioxidant and estrogen properties. They may help in preventing breast and prostate cancer, as well as other types of cancer.
4. With so much fiber packed in each tiny seed, adding flax seeds to your diet promotes regular bowel movements and can improve your digestive health.
5. The high fiber content of flax seeds can help lower cholesterol and may play an important role in improving heart health.
6. Flax seeds have been proven to lower blood pressure and are especially helpful for those with high blood pressure.
7. Flax seeds are a good source of plant-based protein and can be an alternative protein source for people who do not eat meat.
8. Flax seeds may lower blood sugar due to their insoluble fiber content. They can be a beneficial addition to the diet of people with diabetes.
9. Flax seeds keep you full for longer and may help you manage your weight by controlling your appetite.
10. Flax seeds are versatile can be easily added to your daily diet. There are a variety of recipes you can try. Try the following:
- Adding them to water and drinking it as part of your daily fluid intake
- Drizzling flaxseed oil as a dressing on salad
- Sprinkling ground flax seeds over your hot or cold breakfast cereal
- Mixing them into your favorite yogurt
- Adding them into cookie, muffin, bread or other batters
- Mixing them into smoothies to thicken up the consistency
- Adding them to water as an egg substitute
- Incorporating them into meat patties
You just have to add these great tiny seeds into your daily diet.
Our Flaxseeds are now available at Frutvegs Cafe in 10K per KG, 5K per half KG and 2.5K is 1/4Kg.
To Order: Send Us A DM today.
|Re: Have You Ever Tried Flax Seed? by FRUTVEGS: 7:10pm On Nov 16|
|Re: Have You Ever Tried Flax Seed? by FRUTVEGS: 5:39pm On Nov 17|
we are still available
|Re: Have You Ever Tried Flax Seed? by FRUTVEGS: 6:49am On Nov 18|
Good morning my people
|Re: Have You Ever Tried Flax Seed? by FRUTVEGS: 4:04pm On Nov 18|
|Re: Have You Ever Tried Flax Seed? by FRUTVEGS: 12:05pm On Nov 19|
We are still available
|Re: Have You Ever Tried Flax Seed? by FRUTVEGS: 3:30pm On Nov 20|
|Re: Have You Ever Tried Flax Seed? by FRUTVEGS: 9:23am On Nov 21|
Good morning bosses
|Re: Have You Ever Tried Flax Seed? by FRUTVEGS: 2:45pm On Nov 22|
we are still available for orders today
|Re: Have You Ever Tried Flax Seed? by FRUTVEGS: 12:20pm On Dec 01|
we are still available
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36