Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much (1387 Views)

Do You Itch After Bathing With Cold Water Too? / I Drink Everyday, Any Harm Doing That? / Help My Body Itches If I Drink Soft Drinks! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by RIchibabe(f): 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
Am Really Suprise by what some people told me cople of hours ago, that water makes someone to get fat, i was just complaning that i drink water to much, so they told me that, that is why am geting fater everyday becuse i drink too much water,please how true is this?
Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by petersje8: 10:58am On Oct 02, 2012
You might be dealing with early onset of diabetes. Pls get a fasting blood sugar fast. smiley
Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by RIchibabe(f): 8:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
peters_je8: You might be dealing with early onset of diabetes. Pls get a fasting blood sugar fast. smiley
diabetes? That can Never be true ok. My body is the temple of Christ so therefore Sickness cannot Live in my body! NEVER
Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by CLIQBOY(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
RIchibabe: diabetes? That can Never be true ok. My body is the temple of Christ so therefore Sickness cannot Live in my body! NEVER
then why the complain in the first place..temple ko mansion ni

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by UmericanGirl(f): 12:24am On Oct 04, 2012
RIchibabe: diabetes? That can Never be true ok. My body is the temple of Christ so therefore Sickness cannot Live in my body! NEVER

Being fat is a type of sickness.

As long as you arent diluting your stores and causing hyponatremia then you can continue drinking.
Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by princysharma90(f): 5:07am On Oct 05, 2012
I don't think that drinking too much water increases the fat in our body. In fact drinking plenty of water i.e about 8-10 ounces of water is very necessary for our body as water helps in flushing out the toxins from our body and also it keeps us hydrated. It also helps preventing anti-aging, acne, risk of cancer and also deals with many other health problems. So, if you are drinking 8-10 ounces of water then I don't think there's any problem.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by RIchibabe(f): 10:25am On Oct 05, 2012
princysharma90: I don't think that drinking too much water increases the fat in our body. In fact drinking plenty of water i.e about 8-10 ounces of water is very necessary for our body as water helps in flushing out the toxins from our body and also it keeps us hydrated. It also helps preventing anti-aging, acne, risk of cancer and also deals with many other health problems. So, if you are drinking 8-10 ounces of water then I don't think there's any problem.
thank you very much for enlightenment!
Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by Flakeey(f): 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
water is good for the body, it flushes out toxin and diseases.
water does not make you fat, it only aids in shedding weight.
the only challenge in drinking too much water is that you tend to urinate frequently.
Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by rodeo0070(m): 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
I saw this on net and see its worth sharing.

Water intoxication, also known as water
poisoning, is a potentially fatal disturbance
in brain functions that results when the
normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside of safe limits (e.g.,
hyponatremia) by overhydration, i.e.,
over-consumption of water.
Under normal circumstances, accidentally
consuming too much water is exceptionally
rare. Nearly all deaths related to water
intoxication in normal individuals have
resulted either from water drinking contests
in which individuals attempt to consume
large amounts of water, or long bouts of
intensive exercise during which electrolytes
are not properly replenished, yet huge
amounts of fluid are still consumed.[1]
Water, just like any other substance, can be considered a poison when over-consumed in a specific period of time. Water intoxication mostly occurs when water is being consumed at a high quantity without giving the body its proper nutrients it needs to be healthy.
Excess of body water may also be a result of a medical condition or improper treatment.
SOURCE: wikipedia
Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by rodeo0070(m): 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
Above all, Water is the best one can have.
It even makes the skin to glow...
Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by rodeo0070(m): 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
I
Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by navygrl: 11:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
Drinking water will NOT cause someone to get fat. Only two ways you can get fat. One is consuming more calories than your body burns, water has 0 calories or by becoming bloated which is when the body retains water due to too much salt or hormones in the body. Drinking more water actually prevents bloating. The only danger in drinking large amounts of water (not talking diseases that can be in the water or toxic impurities) is if you drink so much it causes an electrolyte imbalance. This is called water intoxication. That will cause death not weight gain.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls I Drink Water Too Much by laurend1985(f): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
RIchibabe: Am Really Suprise by what some people told me cople of hours ago, that water makes someone to get fat, i was just complaning that i drink water to much, so they told me that, that is why am geting fater everyday becuse i drink too much water,please how true is this?

You are taking in too many calories that is why you are gaining weight. You should get a check up with a doctor to make sure nothing else is going on. You can help your weight gain by start eating on a smaller plate and don't go back for seconds.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Can Cure Ebola, Gambian President Yahya Jammeh / Reduce That Your Big Tummy With Tlc Ptoduct / ELECTRIC SEX!!!... It's Secretly Killing Many Nigerians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.