Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering (7932 Views)

Aisha Buhari Hosts End Of The Year Gathering Of Social Media Change Agents -Pics / Buhari's Wife Implicates Her Husband / My View On Buhari's Wife And Her Evil N137 Million IDP Donation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Sunofgod(m): 10:12pm On Mar 17, 2011
HERE IS AISHA BUHARI - AND GUESS WHAT? SHE CANT READ OR SPEAK ENGLISH

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFeNfR8PRic&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/flash]
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by SisiKill1: 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2011
How the HELL can you compare the two?!!!

Aisha Buhari sounds like a Rhodes scholar compared to the Dame cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Sunofgod(m): 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2011
Rubbish - The both sound like illiterates!

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bOClsDc-s&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/flash]
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Sunofgod(m): 10:26pm On Mar 17, 2011
Maryam Babangida appears to be the only 'classy' first lady Nigeria has ever had.
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by timbuktwo: 10:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
if you can't tell the difference between Mrs Buhari and the "Dame" then you sir have no business speaking the English language.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
nigerian men typically dont like their wives to be too intelligent or smart, to make for peace in the home.

so, not really too surprising if she's not a rhodes scholar.
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Sunofgod(m): 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2011
The video does not lie.

She struggles to read simple English words.

She struggles to pronouce simple English words.

She shows a complete lack of confidence.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Lenny9000(m): 10:44pm On Mar 17, 2011
I dont know what you guys are complaining about, apart from her accent (which is natural) she speaks fine! Pausing to read the letters properly! It happens to everyone!, By the way she is so pretty and looks classy

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by timbuktwo: 10:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
public speaking has left many a grown man tripping over their words. i've just been watching obama on CNN and even he let him self down on a number of occasions. but that's beside the point, at least with Aisha i can understand what she is saying, with the Dame i need a translator. i had an english friend at my house the other day and she was doing her umbrear thing and my friend literally asked me if the woman was speaking english  shocked shocked

i understand that it's not her fault if her education has been limited but this is the woman who represents our country on official state visits.  shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
@poster: with Buhari at the helm of affairs as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Insha Allah), The First Lady position will be dead and buried!

The General is a respecter of the Law and the First Lady position is not constitutional! It was created as a means of money laundering and resource squandering by the past corrupt leaders.

Sorry to burst your burble.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2011
Shocks me how people loe through thier teeth
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by PeeDaVinci: 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2011
nnnnaaa, brosss sun_of_god, haba nowwww, how u go say death and sleep na the same thing, check am welll nw, "igi imu jina si ori", no b small distance buhari take gap jonathan oooo, haha, the only thing wey buhari lack (wey jonathan over-get, and dey make her misbehave) na confidence.

one thing wey just dey b say, i no fit give buhari pass mark based on 15 seconds written speech, but for dis one wey i hear, she no carry last oooo
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2011
tpiah!:

nigerian men typically dont like their wives to be too intelligent or smart, to make for peace in the home.

so, not really too surprising if she's not a rhodes scholar.

You are very stupid for making this statement.
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Sunofgod(m): 11:15pm On Mar 17, 2011
I'm trying to bring things back into perspective - to redress the balance of negativity being propogated.

The fact of the matter as all would agree is that she is below par.

Are we not sick of high profile figures that are meant to represent Nigeria but they seem backward?

Well here is potentially another one.
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by MaiSuya(m): 11:39pm On Mar 17, 2011
The only edge Mrs Patience has over her is that of confidence.
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by SisiKill1: 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2011
The fact that the Dame  is loud does not mean she has confidence.

Gotta Remember, Aisha B comes from a place where being low key is the way of life.
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
My own question be "Does Nigeria really need a first lady?"
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by honeric01(m): 12:09am On Mar 18, 2011
Mai Suya:

The only edge Mrs Patience has over her is that of confidence.

Confidence? you can only be confident if you are in the midst of your fellow widows.

We know Aisha is not the camera type, this must have been her first time coming face to face with a camera in a big gathering like this, with time she's going to fit in (that's if Buhari refuses to cancel out the office of the waste lady, sorry first lady)
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by 9ja4eva: 4:05am On Mar 18, 2011
Chai she is better than Patience Jonathan jor
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by 9ijaMan: 4:23am On Mar 18, 2011
On a Scale of 0 to 10 Damn Dame Patience Jonathan will probably score 0.5 in an English speaking contest with Aisha Buhari. Aisha will comfortably score a high 6. A few more public speeches will move Aisha up to the 8 region!
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Mar 18, 2011
That was definitely EXCRUCIATING . . . lol grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Ikengawo: 9:17am On Mar 18, 2011
You ppl need to realize good intelligent ppl exist that dont speak english. Smh
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by CyberG: 9:23am On Mar 18, 2011
This woman is light years ahead of UMBRERA when it comes to her diction though the clip is quite short. However, she seems far more intelligent and measured that UMBLELA!
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by bkbabe97y(m): 9:29am On Mar 18, 2011
Ikengawo:

You ppl need to realize good intelligent ppl exist that dont speak english. Smh

Why are some folks just so fuxcking slow? Dude, if italian is ur first language then no problemo. But, if english is ur lingua franca and u sound like GEJ's wife; u need to kill urself!
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by bkbabe97y(m): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2011
Oh my God, some fuxckas will just lie over anything! I just heard Gen.Buhari's wife speak and I didnt even need to call nobody to translate any words: I UNDERSTOOD HER PERFECTLY!!!

Fuxck u, you dumb poster!
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by chatterly: 10:21am On Mar 18, 2011
Its like comparing Khaki and Leather,Buharis wife stands tall compared to aunty pp.
She also looks classy and will improve her confidence with time.more like a rough diamond being compared to dried stockfish.
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by jumobi1(m): 10:32am On Mar 18, 2011
Two women with accents.
Ms. Buhari is simply not a public speaker.
They are both poor/Average English speakers. Dame is more confident but her accent is thicker
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Bawss1(m): 10:39am On Mar 18, 2011
This threads title is completely untrue, how in the world can anyone say that Mrs Buhari can't speak cant read or speak English.

Her reading skills, while not BBC-reporter perfect, dusts Dame Patience's by many miles. I'm sure many people will prefer a Mrs Buhari any day to a Dame P.
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Pataki: 10:44am On Mar 18, 2011
Would the moderators be kind enough to rectify this false title heading?

I have watched that video and she surely knows her onion and a better reader than that umbella disgrace that we currently have as the wife to the president.

Must the poster lie? What do you aim to achieve with this pathetic lie of yours?

Damn!
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by honeric01(m): 11:02am On Mar 18, 2011
grin

Better headine
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Sunofgod(m): 11:51am On Mar 18, 2011
The truth hurts, Move the post, change the title but acknowledge the facts!!!
Re: Buhari's Wife Speaking At A Gathering by Blazing99: 12:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
The woman at least did not speak like a local champion. She seems educated to me.

By the way she's very beautiful, if Buhari divorces her, I AM VERY INTERESTED.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Years Remembrance Of Yar'adua / Ihedioha Directs Ndukwe Nnawuchi To Domesticate Criminal Justice Draft Bill / Zuma Riots:South Africa Has Sadly Proven To Nigeria Why It Is Africa's Giant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.