Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries (1057 Views)

OPINION: Should Tinubu Step Down For Obi To Increase Southern Chances / Government Ministries Can’t Account For N324 Billion – Audit Report / New Ministries Created By President Buhari And Their Ministers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by supercase1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2020
I think this is an important question, if foreigners can be coaches at of our sport teams,handle major contracts and companies in Nigeria,would you support the motion of foreigners heading key government posts in Nigeria,would it be a better idea?

1 Like

Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by lionshare: 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2020
Competency over diversity!
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by helinues: 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
Wetin person no go read on NL.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by IamRichards: 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2020
supercase1:
I think this is an important question, if foreigners can be coaches at of our sport teams,handle major contracts and companies in Nigeria,would you support the motion of foreigners heading key government posts in Nigeria,would it be a better idea?
What do you think?
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by Vicboi1(m): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2020
supercase1:

Honestly yes i think it would be okay but depending on the foreigners and thier orientations, if u want to know my reasons u can quote me.
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by sinaj(f): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2020
In other words we should be re colonised right?

That will still not solve the problem.
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by supercase1(m): 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
Vicboi1:

Honestly yes i think it would be okay but depending on the foreigners and thier orientations, if u want to know my reasons u can quote me.
Oga the thing just weak me despite all the brains and talent we have foreigners are doing key jobs in naija at 60 years,

what make u think foreigners would do better if given the chance to handle naija key ministries
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by supercase1(m): 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
sinaj:

so na wetin come be the problem grin grin
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by orunto27: 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2020
Foreigners as Coaches, Trainers and Technical Partners Yes. That means that they work under Supervision. Foreigners cannot be employed as Permanent Secretaries and or Ministers of Ministries.
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by privaldo: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2020
supercase1:
I think this is an important question, if foreigners can be coaches at of our sport teams, handle major contracts and companies in Nigeria, would you support the motion of foreigners heading key government posts in Nigeria, would it be a better idea?

If they would be transparent, accountable and the ministry would be productive then why not. After all, the Nigerians who have manned the various ministries in the past have not just performed below par but also turned a civil servant job into a money-making scheme.
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by timidapsin(m): 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2020
sinaj:

sinaj..
Longest time. cheesy
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by sinaj(f): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
supercase1:

so na wetin come be the problem grin grin
mass burial for our leaders to set example for others.
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by sinaj(f): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
timidapsin:
sinaj..
Longest time. cheesy
longest time Timi smiley
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by GMBuhari: 11:07pm On Nov 16, 2020
Yes , 1000% i have always thought about this

I prefer people from America who have served and excelled at various capacities in their country to be in charge of our economy

Germans who have served and excelled at various capacities to be in charge of infrastructure and power

It's possible but the greedy bastards who loot everything won't let that happen

One idiotic minister said it's covid 19 vaccine that caused the increase in fuel price

another idiot said corruption is the cause of covid19

Nigerians we have suffered walahi

another idiot said if price of crude oil goes up in international market, then price of petrol here should rise , these clowns in virtually every part of our government literally do not know what they are doing
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by Vicboi1(m): 11:09pm On Nov 16, 2020
supercase1:

Oga the thing just weak me despite all the brains and talent we have foreigners are doing key jobs in naija at 60 years,

what make u think foreigners would do better if given the chance to handle naija key ministries

Let me give u an example, i work at an offshore location at chevron and before when a foreigner was managing that place everything and everywhere was so good there was good working conditions etc as soon as the place was handed over to a Nigerian to manage everywhere just went bad the food changed , almost everything got changed .
My point is that we Nigerians can’t manage ourselves its sad but its the truth ,look at our public infrastructure from stadiums, zoos, museums managed by a Nigerian here you would know the truth
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by GMBuhari: 11:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
I am sure his spending budget increased but he is actually maltreating you guys and looting money

soon you'll hear they discovered 100B hidden away

Vicboi1:

Let me give u an example, i work at an offshore location at chevron and before when a foreigner was managing that place everything and everywhere was so good there was good working conditions etc as soon as the place was handed over to a Nigerian to manage everywhere just went bad the food changed , almost everything got changed .
My point is that we Nigerians can’t manage ourselves its sad but its the truth ,look at our public infrastructure from stadiums, zoos, museums managed by a Nigerian here you would know the truth
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by GMBuhari: 11:12pm On Nov 16, 2020
Why not ? if we are serious about progresing as a nation , all the jargons in that nonsense constitution should be reviewed and removed

orunto27:
Foreigners as Coaches, Trainers and Technical Partners Yes. That means that they work under Supervision. Foreigners cannot be employed as Permanent Secretaries and or Ministers of Ministries.
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by timidapsin(m): 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2020
sinaj:
longest time Timi smiley
You do remember Timi? embarassed
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by MusaChukwudi: 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2020
Very sadly I say Yes!

We are a really STUPID people and we should STOP having children!
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by abduljabbar4(m): 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2020
I have to say that it is sad and may sound very unpatriotic, but in theory, it would take us miles ahead of where we are today. Look at South Africa. The whites stayed there for the longest time and till date, they are the best in subsaharan Africa. It's not exactly because they are generally more intelligent or because blacks are dull, but because of their orientation. Our mindsets are killing us and with the way things are going, I don't see how things can get any better. For every one good/intelligent African leader you see, you will find ten who are corrupt.

However, foreigners might end up just working for the interest of their nations. They might end up emulating the locals here (if people are unpatriotic enough to steal from their country, why shouldn't they join them?). There are thieves, crooks, and incompetent people from all angles of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by Vicboi1(m): 11:35pm On Nov 16, 2020
GMBuhari:
I am sure his spending budget increased but he is actually maltreating you guys and looting money

soon you'll hear they discovered 100B hidden away

True I think foreigners can help us alot if we can start trusting them as much as we travel there for a better life
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by abduljabbar4(m): 11:36pm On Nov 16, 2020
Let me also point this out. While I was still in ABU, there was a striking difference between two categories of lecturers. . The older ones (those whom were mostly taught by foreigners) were a lot better than their younger counterparts. The older men were usually jovial and they had better command of English Language than the young, arrogant lecturers that always thought it was cool to frown their ugly faces and incorrectly use complex English words to sound intelligent.

Also, try listening to any Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa's speech and compare it with those of most current Nigerian leaders. The difference is clear.

Also, in Kaduna here, we have schools like capital school, Barewa college, Alhuddahudda (this one is over 100 years old), etc. The first generation of teachers in these schools were majorly Europeans. Today, a lot of the kids you see in these schools are nothing but potential thugs and criminals unlike in the past.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by sinaj(f): 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2020
timidapsin:
You do remember Timi? embarassed
yup
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by timidapsin(m): 12:06am On Nov 17, 2020
sinaj:
yup
its nice to hear from you again..
Or should I say see from you.. smiley

Does your mail function?
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by ODJ124(m): 12:30am On Nov 17, 2020
sinaj:
longest time Timi smiley

Omo.... pics uploaded on 16th of this month.. has gotten close to 2k like u are a celeb oo
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by ODJ124(m): 12:31am On Nov 17, 2020
I prefer whites,asians to rule this country...

seems God imbibe special wisdom in them...

Thread seen....
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by timidapsin(m): 12:32am On Nov 17, 2020
ODJ124:

Omo.... pics uploaded on 16th of this month.. has gotten close to 2k like u are a celeb oo

"likes" looking like year of birth..
She's pretty so she deserves it.
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by ODJ124(m): 12:35am On Nov 17, 2020
timidapsin:
"likes" looking like year of birth.
She's pretty so she deserves it.

at the bolded.. swrs..
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by sinaj(f): 1:00am On Nov 17, 2020
timidapsin:
its nice to hear from you again..
Or should I say see from you.. smiley

Does your mail function?
nah

Hope you good tho
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by timidapsin(m): 1:02am On Nov 17, 2020
sinaj:
nah

Hope you good tho
yeah I am.. I just came across your moniker and it sparked alot of memories.. Had a feeling you might not remember me again..
So I had to give you a mention..
Re: Opinion:Should Foreigners Be In Charge Of Government Ministries by sinaj(f): 1:03am On Nov 17, 2020
timidapsin:
yeah I am.. I just came across your moniker and it sparked alot of memories.. Had a feeling you might not remember me again..
So I had to give you a mention..
I remember you very well smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eastern Security Network: A Step In The Right Direction / When Will ESN Attack Military Formations/army Barracks In D East? / All Igbo Home And Abroad Should Sit At Home On 30th&31 In Protest for Injustic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.