Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields (1792 Views)

Anambra Oil Producing Communities Belong To Ijaw / Anambra Oil Producing State Status: Governor Obiano Meets Timipre Sylva / Chad Gives Nigeria April 22 Deadline To Occupy Territories Seized From BokoHaram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Anambra1stS0n: 8:57am On Nov 17, 2020
Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO), the company exploring petroleum products in OML 143 Oil Field in two communities in Anambra State, Southeast Nigeria has six months to conduct and conclude Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) on its activities in Ameshi and Enyie fields.

Specifically, the exercise (Dry and Wet Season data gathering) must be conducted between December 2020 and May 2021 while the company is mandated to make full disclosure of the status of the Amesti and Enyie oil fields at the end of the activities.

There had been an outcry by people of Ogwuikpele and Oguaniocha communities in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State where the oil company operates, over the negative impact of its drilling activities on their environment and livelihood.

At a stakeholders’ meeting held on Friday, November 6, Willie Obiano, Governor of Anambra State said the company was engaging in authorized exploration which was destroying the environment and breeding militancy.

Obiano urged the Nigerian Government to call the company to order.

The communique issued at the end of the stakeholders’ meeting also resolved that the “Stop Work Order” earlier slammed on SEEPCO by the Federal Ministry of Environment be fully lifted in view of the economic loss accruing from the suspension of the proposed project.

The communique was signed by representatives of Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Nigeria Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), Chief of Defense Staff, Anambra State Government, SEEPCO, Federal Ministry of Environment (FME) and Ministry of Mines and Steel Development.

It said there should be increased mutual co-existence and continuous consultations between the Anambra State Government and SEEPCO throughout the life span of the project.

“The Anambra Government shall support SEEPCO in development of an MOU between the host communities of Amesi and Enyie Fields (OML143) while the company should create an enabling environment for smooth implementation and sustainability of the proposed project,” part of the communique read.

“SEEPCO shall implement the outcomes of the EIA process and adequate mitigation measures for the environment, health, safety and social impacts that may have resulted from the project.”

The company is asked to ensure full and timely compensations of the Project Affected Persons and Communities as identified in the EIA process and give priority lo Corporate Social Responsibility programme/projects for the project affected communities with the facilitation of the Anambra State Government.

According to the outcome of the meeting, “SEEPCO should also ensure prompt payment of all the taxes and levies due to the State Government as prescribed by Anambra State Board of Internal Revenue as applicable to the company’s operations”.

The stakeholders resolved that the DPR should ensure prompt collection of royalties, taxes and levies to the Federation Account in line with applicable laws with regards to the commencement of oil production activities in Ameshi and Enyie Fields.
The communiqué recalled that Federal Ministry of Environment received a petition in February 2020 from the Office of the Governor of Anambra State on the alleged oil drilling activities by SEEPCO at Ogwu-lkpele and Ogwu-Aniocha communities in Ogbaru LGA of Anambra State, without an EIA Approval.

It said the petition expressed displeasure on the company’s disregard to the Minister of Environment’s earlier directives to dialogue with Anambra State Government, embark on stakeholders’ consultation with affected communities and fast-track the EIA process to its logical conclusion.

“The proposed project involves drilling of oil/gas wells, laying of flow lines and the construction of manifold at Ameshi and the delivery pipeline from Anambra State to SEEPCO exiting Anieze Flowstation at Asemoku, Delta State, all in OML 143.
Lalasticlala

https://humangle.ng/anambra-oil-seepco-gets-six-months-deadline-to-conduct-eia-on-oml143-fields/

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Anambra1stS0n: 8:58am On Nov 17, 2020
Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Bkayyy: 9:05am On Nov 17, 2020
See as oil just resurface left, right and center in SE. And to think of the fact that oil is becoming useless, gas appeared of nowhere.
Nobody saw this coming, I'm shocked in behalf of the we the south south and real Niger Deltans crew.
Reason why I'm shocked is simple, the oil discovered in SE is treated differently because accompanying refineries are built in the host community unlike in the region they practiced environmental pollution.
I guess it comes with the privilege of being one of the majority

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Bkayyy: 9:10am On Nov 17, 2020
By the war, Mr OP add some sauce for those that like pepper.
Especially those from the peppery region.
Make the news pepper them

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Anambra1stS0n: 9:18am On Nov 17, 2020
Bkayyy:
I have added the source

below is another source
https://punchng.com/environmental-degradation-fg-warns-anambra-oil-drilling-firm/

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by OfficialAPCNig: 9:25am On Nov 17, 2020
Bkayyy:
See as oil just resurface left, right and center in SE. And to think of the fact that oil is becoming useless, gas appeared of nowhere.
Nobody saw this coming, I'm shocked in behalf of the we the south south and real Niger Deltans crew.
Reason why I'm shocked is simple, the oil discovered in SE is treated differently because accompanying rifineries are built in the host community unlike in the region they practiced environmental pollution.
And the refineries are indigenously owned.

IMO gas is being developed by Seplat, an Igbo company.

Anambra and Abia gas are being developed by indigenous companies.

We will never allow invaders control our resources without active participation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by NigerDeltaIgbos: 9:31am On Nov 17, 2020
I don't understand, is the SEEPCO of a company still exploring for oil in the two oil fields or have they started exploitation? If they have started exploitation, then why is the state not receiving 13% derivation?

I like the way the state government is getting involved, it is very important to do in order to avoid the madness that went down in Niger Delta to reoccur again.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by IgbofromDelta: 9:32am On Nov 17, 2020
Nice one. I am glad that Igbo land from Anioma ( Igbo speaking part of Delta State) to the Igbo heartland to the Igbo part of Rivers State all have oil and gas. There are also gas discoveries in Enugu and Edda part of Ebonyi State.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by NigerDeltaIgbos: 9:35am On Nov 17, 2020
Bkayyy:
Reason why I'm shocked is simple, the oil discovered in SE is treated differently because accompanying rifineries are built in the host community unlike in the region they practiced environmental pollution.

Igboland has stability because of ethnic homogeneity unlike SS where hundreds of tribes are at each other's neck. I bet you, if Oyigbo area is in Abia State, it would have had a refinery being built there. Again, the terrain in Igboland is plain and not hidious like the mangrove swamps where oil workers can be kidnapped easily and hid somewhere in the grooves.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 17, 2020
Bkayyy:

Well, this is childish.

Do you see or take everything as fight?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by NigerDeltaIgbos: 9:39am On Nov 17, 2020
post=96128792:

I have added the source

below is another source
https://punchng.com/environmental-degradation-fg-warns-anambra-oil-drilling-firm/

@, why have they not started paying Anambra state their 13% derivation since it's obvious the oil in the state has started being drilled?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Fahdiga(m): 9:42am On Nov 17, 2020
Anambra state has the potential to become one of the best states in Nigeria if only Obiano can stop looting the state dry
Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Dedetwo(m): 9:44am On Nov 17, 2020
I heard Southeast does not add anything to Nigerian economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by hammerDK: 9:45am On Nov 17, 2020
post=96128071:
Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO), the company exploring petroleum products in OML 143 Oil Field in two communities in Anambra State, Southeast Nigeria has six months to conduct and conclude Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) on its activities in Ameshi and Enyie fields.

Specifically, the exercise (Dry and Wet Season data gathering) must be conducted between December 2020 and May 2021 while the company is mandated to make full disclosure of the status of the Amesti and Enyie oil fields at the end of the activities.

There had been an outcry by people of Ogwuikpele and Oguaniocha communities in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State where the oil company operates, over the negative impact of its drilling activities on their environment and livelihood.

At a stakeholders’ meeting held on Friday, November 6, Willie Obiano, Governor of Anambra State said the company was engaging in authorized exploration which was destroying the environment and breeding militancy.

Obiano urged the Nigerian Government to call the company to order.

The communique issued at the end of the stakeholders’ meeting also resolved that the “Stop Work Order” earlier slammed on SEEPCO by the Federal Ministry of Environment be fully lifted in view of the economic loss accruing from the suspension of the proposed project.

The communique was signed by representatives of Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Nigeria Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), Chief of Defense Staff, Anambra State Government, SEEPCO, Federal Ministry of Environment (FME) and Ministry of Mines and Steel Development.

It said there should be increased mutual co-existence and continuous consultations between the Anambra State Government and SEEPCO throughout the life span of the project.

“The Anambra Government shall support SEEPCO in development of an MOU between the host communities of Amesi and Enyie Fields (OML143) while the company should create an enabling environment for smooth implementation and sustainability of the proposed project,” part of the communique read.

“SEEPCO shall implement the outcomes of the EIA process and adequate mitigation measures for the environment, health, safety and social impacts that may have resulted from the project.”

The company is asked to ensure full and timely compensations of the Project Affected Persons and Communities as identified in the EIA process and give priority lo Corporate Social Responsibility programme/projects for the project affected communities with the facilitation of the Anambra State Government.

According to the outcome of the meeting, “SEEPCO should also ensure prompt payment of all the taxes and levies due to the State Government as prescribed by Anambra State Board of Internal Revenue as applicable to the company’s operations”.

The stakeholders resolved that the DPR should ensure prompt collection of royalties, taxes and levies to the Federation Account in line with applicable laws with regards to the commencement of oil production activities in Ameshi and Enyie Fields.
The communiqué recalled that Federal Ministry of Environment received a petition in February 2020 from the Office of the Governor of Anambra State on the alleged oil drilling activities by SEEPCO at Ogwu-lkpele and Ogwu-Aniocha communities in Ogbaru LGA of Anambra State, without an EIA Approval.

It said the petition expressed displeasure on the company’s disregard to the Minister of Environment’s earlier directives to dialogue with Anambra State Government, embark on stakeholders’ consultation with affected communities and fast-track the EIA process to its logical conclusion.

“The proposed project involves drilling of oil/gas wells, laying of flow lines and the construction of manifold at Ameshi and the delivery pipeline from Anambra State to SEEPCO exiting Anieze Flowstation at Asemoku, Delta State, all in OML 143.
Lalasticlala

https://humangle.ng/anambra-oil-seepco-gets-six-months-deadline-to-conduct-eia-on-oml143-fields/

NICE ONE BRO.

TAX THOSE FOOL FOR EVERY DAMAGE DONE TO OUR ENVIRONMENT.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Bkayyy: 9:48am On Nov 17, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Well, this is childish.

Do you see or take everything as fight?
Just a taste and you are dancing makkossa.
I thought they said you people like pepper

1 Like

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by AsomughaChuks05: 9:49am On Nov 17, 2020
Willie Obiano has proven to be an excellent governor. Anambra state must not be cheated out of our God given oil and gas resources.

They should resolve this issue quickly so that Anambra my state can start collecting our own 13% oil derivation and also be added as the newest member of NDDC. Thank God that this oil wells are in the southern part of the state which is out of reach of the covetousness of Kogi and Enugu states.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by SlayerForever: 9:49am On Nov 17, 2020
SS people say we need their oil.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Anambra1stS0n: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:

@, why have they not started paying Anambra state their 13% derivation since it's obvious the oil in the state has started being drilled?

Nigeria politics
Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2020
Bkayyy:

Just a taste and you are dancing makkossa. I thought they said you people like pepper

I asked you a simple question, Do you see or take everything as fight?

And as usual you went off tangent to assume I am yoruba.

You really need to work on yourself control..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by hammerDK: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2020
I DONT KNOW Y PEOPLE WILL JUST LEAVE THEIR COUNTRY AND THINK THEY CAN COME TO AFRICA AND DESTROY EVERYWHERE.

CAN WE DO DAT IN INDIA? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by hammerDK: 10:00am On Nov 17, 2020
I EXPECT ANAMBRA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY TO RUSH AND CREATE LAWS ON POLLUTION.

THE LAW SHOULD CARRY STRONG PENALTIES FOR OCCURRENCES OF POLLUTION.

THE LAW SHOULD ALSO PROVIDE REGULAR NEGATIVE EXTERNALITIES TAX. THIS IS A SPECIAL CATEGORY OF TAX FOR BUSINESS THAT EMIT POLLUTION.

DONT WAIT TILL THEY DESTROY THE ENVIRONMENT.

TAX THEM FOR CARBON/WASTE THEY EMIT INTO THE ATMOSPHERE, DUMP IN THE LAND AND RIVER.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by hammerDK: 10:03am On Nov 17, 2020
THIS IS WHERE WE EXPECT TO SEE GOVERNMENT ACTION, NOT RUSHING TO MAKE LAW TO KILL YOUR OWN PEOPLE OR BAN THEM.

AT THE END, U CAN NOW SEE Y WE HAVE BEEN AGITATING.

SOONER OR LATER, U KNOW WE ARE NOT MAD.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by SlayerForever: 10:04am On Nov 17, 2020
Bkayyy:
Reason why I'm shocked is simple, the oil discovered in SE is treated differently because accompanying refineries are built in the host community unlike in the region they practiced environmental pollution.

Everything is just falling in place. God bless Igbo finally.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by SlayerForever: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

And the refineries are indigenously owned.

IMO gas is being developed by Seplat, an Igbo company.

Anambra and Abia gas are being developed by indigenous companies.

We will never allow invaders control our resources without active participation.

But the Imo own is owned by Northerners.
Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by SlayerForever: 10:07am On Nov 17, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:
I don't understand, is the SEEPCO of a company still exploring for oil in the two oil fields or have they started exploitation? If they have started exploitation, then why is the state not receiving 13% derivation?

I like the way the state government is getting involved, it is very important to do in order to avoid the madness that went down in Niger Delta to reoccur again.

It has been drilling illegally. Without EIA and without remitting duties to the government, hence Anambra has not being receiving benefits for years now. But Anambra has been calculating their debts since anyway. And now they must pay or leave.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by SlayerForever: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2020
Dedetwo:
I heard Southeast does not add anything to Nigerian economy.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by Kinematics: 10:10am On Nov 17, 2020
Bkayyy:

[s]See as oil just resurface left, right and center in SE. And to think of the fact that oil is becoming useless, gas appeared of nowhere.
I guess it comes with the privilege of being one of the majority[/s]

This your 10 kobo oil na em u wan use compare the billion dollar oil in the SS.

Shame no dey catch una?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by OfficialAPCNig: 10:11am On Nov 17, 2020
SlayerForever:

But the Imo own is owned by Northerners.
Seplat is Anambra company
Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by OfficialAPCNig: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2020
Kinematics:

Shame no dey catch una?
We will soon cut our gas supplies to Lagos and plunge una in eternal darkness

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by SlayerForever: 10:13am On Nov 17, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

Seplat is Anambra company

Seplat gas, yes. I'm talking about the oil refinery at Ohaji. It is owned by Northerners.
Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by SlayerForever: 10:14am On Nov 17, 2020
Lalasticlala.
Re: Anambra Oil: SEEPCO Gets Six Months Deadline To Conduct EIA On OML143 Fields by hammerDK: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2020
S
Kinematics:

Shame no dey catch una?

I EXPECT ANAMBRA TO SHOW DEM WHO OWNS THE OIL THEY ARE TAKING.

THEY WILL PAY FOR IT AND RECOGNISE US AS THE OWNERS.

ANAMBRA NO BE SS OOooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Not A Terrorist, My Driver, Secretary Are Christians – Isa Pantami / Apc Will Lose The Election With Goodluck Jonathan / VP Osinbajo In Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.