Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,199 members, 7,811,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People (4312 Views)

Unrest In New Benin Market As A Hausa Man Stabbed An Igbo Trader To Death (video / Chibuike Amechi Is My Name, I Am Igbo From Ikwere And Ikwere People Are Igbo. / Goodluck Jonathan Commissions Roads In Ikwere, Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Bkayyy: 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
obehi247:

After almost giving me a minute chance to to think you where actually some worth educated, you just still spoil everything by yourself...

If you and some of your igbo brothers where educated enough, you should have know that, in achieving a nation state, there are processess involved, the Cameroon people did that oh,even you talk say a conference was held in London, you don't just declare it. In such situations, you will be a rebel to the state and war will be declare on you to exterminate you...

The Nigeria federal government then, did the needful and of which they are right... Ojukwu did same when the Niger Delta republic was declare by Isaac boro.

What the ikwerre people did, show's that they are more educated and politically inclined than the igbos. Pitch tent with the party that would favour you is a political strategy...

Bouns round:
During the second world war, the British (Royal navy) seek the help of the Americans because they know they can't not win the war alone and today, the relationship forged from that instance is still in existence today thus Nato.

When the ikwerre joined the so called igbos socio cultural organization, what they where after, was a relationship not ethnic identification

Most of your words are childish and hate based. The word "Exterminate" for an ethnicity is a war crime. And if you know history at all you'll know that the declaration for the beautiful Republic of Biafra was made after Aburi Accord in Ghana which is the same as the London conference. It is the failure of the Federal government to honor the Aburi Accord that led to the declaration of the Republic of Biafra.
I know my words won't go anywhere in your hate infested brain but I just typed it for the sake of typing.
Read una no go read

2 Likes

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Bkayyy: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
obehi247:

After almost giving me a minute chance to to think you where actually some worth educated, you just still spoil everything by yourself...

If you and some of your igbo brothers where educated enough, you should have know that, in achieving a nation state, there are processess involved, the Cameroon people did that oh,even you talk say a conference was held in London, you don't just declare it. In such situations, you will be a rebel to the state and war will be declare on you to exterminate you...

The Nigeria federal government then, did the needful and of which they are right... Ojukwu did same when the Niger Delta republic was declare by Isaac boro.

What the ikwerre people did, show's that they are more educated and politically inclined than the igbos. Pitch tent with the party that would favour you is a political strategy...

Bouns round:
During the second world war, the British (Royal navy) seek the help of the Americans because they know they can't not win the war alone and today, the relationship forged from that instance is still in existence today thus Nato.

When the ikwerre joined the so called igbos socio cultural organization, what they where after, was a relationship not ethnic identification

Most of your words are childish and hate based. The word "Exterminate" for an ethnicity is a war crime. And if you know history at all you'll know that the declaration for the beautiful Republic of Biafra was made after Aburi Accord in Ghana 1967 which is the same as the London conference for Southern Cameroon. It is the failure of the Federal government to honor the Aburi Accord that led to the declaration of the Republic of Biafra. Biafra was declared out of necessity not with intent of owning a country and destroying Nigeria.
I know my words won't go anywhere in your hate infested brain but I just typed it for the sake of typing.
Read una no go read.
As for the Ikwerre, it is only in nairaland that they are relevant. People up here in SE don't even know that they exist. And they were the ones that bundled themselves to Ohaneze Ndigbo
You know one thing, I don't blame you for not knowing these things but Nigerian Education system that scrapped history and churn out educated Illiterates on daily basis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
Bkayyy:

Most of your words are childish and hate based. The word "Exterminate" for an ethnicity is a war crime. And if you know history at all you'll know that the declaration for the beautiful Republic of Biafra was made after Aburi Accord in Ghana 1967 which is the same as the London conference for Southern Cameroon. It is the failure of the Federal government to honor the Aburi Accord that led to the declaration of the Republic of Biafra. Biafra was declared out of necessity not with intent of owning a country and destroying Nigeria.
Read una no go read.
As for the Ikwerre, it is only in nairaland that they are relevant. People up here in SE don't even know that they exist. And they were the ones that bundled themselves to
You know one thing, I don't blame you for not knowing these things but Nigerian Education system that scrapped history and churn out educated Illiterates on daily basis

I am short of words or adjective to describe you. Anyways, what happened in Aburi was a confederation which was initiated by ojukwu and was agreed on. However, what the same ojukwu declared, was an independent state of Biafra...

Check the meaning of confederation and independent state...

What happened in Aburi was a clear indication that Gowon was not educated enough to understand the terms of agreement he signed, however, it was ojukwu that was making a contrary view on the declaration of Independence Biafra on radio, the same ojukwu that initiated the confederation...

You should remember that, the ikwerre people protested in London against Biafra....

Ohaneze Ndigbo is a socio cultural organization, it is not government, it is not law and it is not enshrined in the Nigeria constitution. Therefore, anybody can join the so called group for cultural exchange purposes.

If history was properly taught in the Nigeria school system, nobody would like to associate with Igbo people because of their tricky nature to themselves and other ethnic nationality, is very stupid and childish and they believe they are very wise...

If you want to know the root cause of Nigeria problem as it is today, the Igbo people would be the ethnicity in focus.

To exterminate any form of rebellion in any society is very very legal. The only time it is not legal, is when they have exhausted all legal options and the only way to go is to organize a group of people to press home their demands.

I will not even call you a child because a child thinks better than you

You guys believe if it is not Igbo, then it is not right. Get yourself real fact about your people from colonial day to post colonial era and if you have any content in your brain, you will see your people for who they are

2 Likes

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Nchenches: 11:00pm On Nov 19, 2020
Coneheadyutes:
We dash una.

Ikwerrepikin, ikwereigbo I hope you are ready to serve your new slave masters, the bini. grin grin grin Your oyel does not belong to you, it belongs to your slave masters.

We done give up on these confused set of people. Wether they identify as bini or not, take them all. They have ruined their link with the igbo, it was left for the yoruba to destroy it for good.

They should stop speaking igbo language, and stop bearing igbo names, so that we can identify ourselves.

They only call themselves igbos for political reason. When they do something stupid against the igbos, they will be quick to call themselves igbos, hoping that we wouldn't retaliate.

You can take this ikwerre tribe, and do whatever you want with them. When I went to ph, I thought that they where just ordinary igbos, and I didn't know that ikwerre existed until nairaland.

Make una leave this Ikwerre be this or that argument.

An average Ikwerre person knows that he/she is Igbo.

If Biafra goes without Ikwerre, before you close your eyes, Ikwerre people will be begging to join Biafra.
Nigerdelta Republic is an IMPOSSIBLE think considering the too many ethnic groups in the SS.
It's politics of Nigeria and crude oil with some Ikwerre politicians who want to attain higher political positions in Nigeria - these are what promote "Ikwerre no be Igbo."

1 Like

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by IkwerrePikin: 12:38am On Nov 20, 2020
Nchenches:

If Biafra goes without Ikwerre, before you close your eyes, Ikwerre people will be begging to join Biafra.
Nigerdelta Republic is an IMPOSSIBLE think considering the too many ethnic groups in the SS.
It's politics of Nigeria and crude oil with some Ikwerre politicians who want to attain higher political positions in Nigeria - these are what promote "Ikwerre no be Igbo."

Foolish talk.

3 Likes

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Coneheadyutes(m): 7:44am On Nov 20, 2020
Nchenches:

Yes, they know that they are igbos, but it is none of my business. They can go and become whatever they want to become. What will we benefit from owning ikwerre?

2 Likes

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Coneheadyutes(m): 7:46am On Nov 20, 2020
obehi247:

I am short of words or adjective to describe you. Anyways, what happened in Aburi was a confederation which was initiated by ojukwu and was agreed on. However, what the same ojukwu declared, was an independent state of Biafra...

What happened in Aburi was I clear indication that Gowon was not educated enough to understand the terms of agreement he signed, however, was ojukwu that was making a contrary view on the declaration of Independence Biafra on radio, the same ojukwu that initiated the confederation...

You should remember that, the ikwerre people protested in London against Biafra....

Ohaneze Ndigbo is a socio cultural organization, it is not government, it is not law and it is not enshrined in the Nigeria constitution. Therefore, anybody can join the so called group for cultural change purposes.

If history was properly taught in the Nigeria school system, nobody would like to associate with Igbo people because of their tricky nature to themselves and other ethnic nationality is very stupid and childish and they believe they are very wise...

If you want to know the root cause of Nigeria problem as it is today. To exterminate any form of rebellion in any society is very very legal. The only time it is not legal, is when they have exhausted all legal options

You guy believe if it is not Igbo, then it is not right. Get yourself real fact about your people from colonial day to post colonial era and if you have any content in your brain, you will see your people for who they are

Is this true?
Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Charleys: 8:28am On Nov 20, 2020
Unimaginable
Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Is this true?

It because I am not very good in typing very fast and I sometimes make mistakes I have to be correcting...

If I start to speak on the Igbo's and the damages they have done to the Nigeria state with fact to back up my claims, you will see them from who the really are....

Opportunist, self centered, authoritative, arrogant, deceptive, and also thinks they are wise and they know it all alone...

Sultan of sokoto in the 60s, said something about this too

1 Like

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Coneheadyutes(m): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2020
obehi247:

It because I am not very good in typing very fast and I sometimes make mistakes I have to be correcting...

If I start to speak on the Igbo's and the damages they have done to the Nigeria state with fact to back up my claims, you will see them from who the really are....

Opportunist, self centered, authoritative, arrogant, deceptive, and also thinks they are wise and they know it all alone...

Sultan of sokoto in the 60s, said something about this too

ok oh... elaborate on how we are all these.
Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by valirex: 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Nchenches:

Niger Delta Republic is not impossible. Only that it will not compromise of the entire SS because other nations like the Ogoni and Ẹdo will be independent
Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Bkayyy: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
obehi247:

What happened in Aburi was a clear indication that Gowon was not educated enough to understand the terms of agreement he signed, however, it was ojukwu that was making a contrary view on the declaration of Independence Biafra on radio, the same ojukwu that initiated the confederation...

Ohaneze Ndigbo is a socio cultural organization, it is not government, it is not law and it is not enshrined in the Nigeria constitution. Therefore, anybody can join the so called group for cultural exchange purposes.

If history was properly taught in the Nigeria school system, nobody would like to associate with Igbo people because of their tricky nature to themselves and other ethnic nationality, is very stupid and childish and they believe they are very wise...

If you want to know the root cause of Nigeria problem as it is today, the Igbo people would be the ethnicity in focus.

To exterminate any form of rebellion in any society is very very legal. The only time it is not legal, is when they have exhausted all legal options and the only way to go is to organize a group of people to press home their demands.

You guys believe if it is not Igbo, then it is not right. Get yourself real fact about your people from colonial day to post colonial era and if you have any content in your brain, you will see your people for who they are
I made no mistake in calling you an EDUCATED ILLITERATE.
I refused to comment on that "Ikwerre protest in London" because I thought that there were some reasonable people left in Nigeria not knowing that there were almost none.
Since when did Ikwerre start having a reasonable number of people in London at that time and even as of today?
The protest was done around 1968 at the heat of the war and at that time the main theatre of the war was Port harcourt and Asaba. So how did the Ikwerre manage to escape in mass from the war front which is their home. Fly out when there was imposed blockade and protest in London of all places.
The only people that protested against Biafra were the yorubas while the North were fighting like men.
The yorubas protested not just in London but also in front of British embassy in Lagos.
Right Now they change the history as they normally do and some ignorant apes take it serious.
See yoruba mouth "They want our oil". The only thing Yoruba contributed to Nigeria during the war was propaganda against Biafra.
I pity who ever paid your school fees

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Bkayyy: 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Is this true?
That is a usual Nairaland lie and propaganda.
The only people that protested against Biafra was the yorubas. They even did it in almost all the foreign embassies in Lagos.
Now they are trying to change history and pitch it to another group like they normally do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=Coneheadyutes post=96240566]

ok oh... elaborate on how we are all these.
[/quot

*THE REAL NIGERIA HISTORY WITH GENUINE FACT*

Any historians in the house to vet this:

Forgotten History Of Igbo Tribe And Northern Alliance.

Do you know that when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;

Chief of Army Staff was from SE

Chief of Naval Staff was from SE

IG of Police was from SE

Chief of Defence Staff was from SE

Internal Affairs Minister SE

External Affairs Minister SE

Education Minister South SE

Many other key ministries to SE

Parliament President SE

Unilag VC from SE

The University of Ibadan VC from SE

North resisted same at ABU!

Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!

Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.

Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it!

We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is a tendency to think those are truths and facts.

*What follows are documented facts that can be cross-checked for authenticity!"*

Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

*“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central government because his brother Aguiyi Ironsi was the head of state then. Today, he is shouting restructuring that he helped to destroy. We won’t forget.”*.

WHAT BIAFRANS WILL NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT THE REAL CAUSE OF THEIR WOES IN NIGERIA TODAY:

The Igbo man is known to enjoy blaming the Hausa fulanis, Yorubas and indeed every other Nigerian tribe and Lord Luggard/Britain for their seeming claim of being in third class citizen status in Nigeria. In their perpetual attempts to play the victim card, they recount the political events of Nigeria from 1914 to the present in a half-baked and highly selective manner which cleverly avoids the mention of the roles played by their elite who by all natural laws of judgement were actually responsible for the woes that befell not only the Igbo race but the entire Nigeria nation. The story told in the post above is one of such selective and distorted accounts of history which the average Igbo man is fond of narrating.

However, the national archives have the complete and unedited history of Nigeria regarding the political events beginning way back from even before 1914. I will therefore proceed to furnish my readers with the complete story for all to read and be endowed with enough facts so as to judge and act from an informed position.

Shortly after the 1914 Amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates, it started getting clear that the country was bound to fail as the amalgamation in question was done with colonial fiat without the consent and consensus of the different tribes which were over 300. This prompted the political leaders to start asking for de-amalgamation so as to forestall the future danger which the forced amalgamation portended.

To that end, Ahmadu Bello, speaking on behalf of the Northern protectorate in 1944 described the amalgamation as "The mistake of 1914 which if allowed to remain will ultimately lead to unstoppable bloodshed and a failed country".

Awolowo, speaking on behalf of the Yorubas and Western minorities, described Nigeria as a mere geographical expression not qualified to be called a country let alone a nation. Awolowo added that if the amalgamation could not be reversed, then Nigeria should be structured as a strictly federal state so as to enable each tribe enjoy autonomy this freedom from being dominated by any one single tribe.

But Nnamdi Azikiwe, speaking for the Igbos, denounced Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello, terming them ethnic champions. He accused them of nursing a sectional agenda against the unity of Nigeria, and he declared further that the Unity of Nigeria was non-negotiable.

After moving the motion for independece in 1953, Anthony Enahoro proposed that a secession clause should be incorporated into the future constitution of Nigeria so as to give legal backing for any tribe to peacefully exit the forced union if it feels marginalized in future. According to Enahoro, such provision in our constitution would instill in all Nigeria's future leaders the fear of the consequences of misgovernance. But Azikiwe, speaking on behalf of Igbos, rose against him in the parliament and labelled him an agent of disunity, and enemy of Nigeria. At a later date, Awolowo too made a case for secession clause, but Azikiwe again resisted him and instigated the colonial authorities to threaten him and Enahoro with charges of treasonable felony if they didn't stop proposing secession clause for the future constitution. While Azikiwe did all these, Igbos cheered and urged him on because they felt the future Nigeria was theirs to dominate and lord it over every other tribe

Before independece, Tafawa Balewa too had in a public speech described Nigeria as a British experiment and Nigeria's unity as a British intention which Nigerians themselves don't believe in. But Azikiwe kicked and demonized him too. Had Azikiwe co-operated with Enahoro, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa about the secession clause, Nigeria perhaps would not have been this misgoverned.

For those in doubt, here is a link of one of the numerous instances in which Nnamdi Azikiwe fought against the secession clause proposal for the future Nigeria constitution.

It should be noted that there were many Igbo members of the parliament in which Azikiwe fought against Awolowo's secession clause proposal in the link above, but not a single one of them rose against Azikiwe or condemned him.

Igbos initially never wanted to hear anything like secession in Nigeria because they so much believed, though falsely, that they were the most educated tribe. (The first Nigerian tribe to produce a university graduate is the Binis). As an evidence of Igbo domination agenda hence their initial resistance to the idea of secession; here are some quotes:

"From all indications, the god of us Igbos have destined us to rule the whole of Africa"..... Nnamdi Azikiwe (1945).

2 Likes

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

I refused to comment on that "Ikwerre protest in London" because I thought that there were some reasonable people left in Nigeria not knowing that there were almost none.
Since when did Ikwerre start having a reasonable number of people in London at that time and even as of today?
The protest was done around 1968 at the heat of the war and at that time the main theatre of the war was Port harcourt and Asaba. So how did the Ikwerre manage to escape in mass from the war front which is their home. Fly out when there was imposed blockade and protest in London of all places.
The only people that protested against Biafra were the yorubas while the North were fighting like men.
The yorubas protested not just in London but also in front of British embassy in Lagos.
Right Now they change the history as they normally do and some ignorant apes take it serious.
See yoruba mouth "They want our oil". The only thing Yoruba contributed to Nigeria during the war was propaganda against Biafra.

Get your fact right ànd talk to me, not this emotional rubbish you are writing...

Each oil again! Coconut oil?...

What a shame you know nothing about the war and your Igbo people
Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Bkayyy: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
obehi247:

Get your fact right ànd talk to me, not this emotional rubbish you are writing...

Each oil again! Coconut oil?...

What a shame you know nothing about the war and your Igbo people

See who became emotional. I thought you atleast have strong heart despite being intellectually handicapped.
Everything that happened during the Civil/Biafran War was documented including the endless protests from the yorubas
Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

See who became emotional. I thought you atleast have strong heart despite being intellectually handicapped.
Everything that happened during the Civil/Biafran War was documented including the endless protests from the yorubas

Oñly the Igbo people good for Nigeria, all other tribe's hate them because dem too good...

Igbo people are industrious, not in Igbo land oh, but in the land of other ethnic nationalities

Once you can read and write in Igbo land, you are considered educated. Where as, you guy are uneducated literates

Chatting with you have been unproductive, I can't continue to exchange words with someone that have stolen a mobile phone to come online to type unverified emotional rubbish with not reference to fact

1 Like

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Bkayyy: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2020
obehi247:

Oñly the Igbo people good for Nigeria, all other tribe's hate them because dem too good...

Igbo people are industrious, not in Igbo land oh, but in the land of other ethnic nationalities

Once you can read and write in Igbo land, you are considered educated. Where as, you guy are uneducated literates

Chatting with you have been unproductive, I can't continue to exchange words with someone that have stolen a mobile phone to come online to type unverified emotional rubbish with not reference to fact
Only you said all these and replied yourself. I'm sorry for exposing things you can't handle.
I now see why details of the Civil War and Igbo land is top classified in Nigeria
Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
Bkayyy:

Only you said all these and replied yourself. I'm sorry for exposing things you can't handle.
I now see why details of the Civil War and Igbo land is top classified in Nigeria

Story... Now you nor gree read

*THE REAL NIGERIA HISTORY WITH GENUINE FACT*

Any historians in the house to vet this:

Forgotten History Of Igbo Tribe And Northern Alliance.

Do you know that when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;

Chief of Army Staff was from SE

Chief of Naval Staff was from SE

IG of Police was from SE

Chief of Defence Staff was from SE

Internal Affairs Minister SE

External Affairs Minister SE

Education Minister South SE

Many other key ministries to SE

Parliament President SE

Unilag VC from SE

The University of Ibadan VC from SE

North resisted same at ABU!

Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!

Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.

Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it!

We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is a tendency to think those are truths and facts.

*What follows are documented facts that can be cross-checked for authenticity!"*

Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

*“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central government because his brother Aguiyi Ironsi was the head of state then. Today, he is shouting restructuring that he helped to destroy. We won’t forget.”*.

WHAT BIAFRANS WILL NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT THE REAL CAUSE OF THEIR WOES IN NIGERIA TODAY:

The Igbo man is known to enjoy blaming the Hausa fulanis, Yorubas and indeed every other Nigerian tribe and Lord Luggard/Britain for their seeming claim of being in third class citizen status in Nigeria. In their perpetual attempts to play the victim card, they recount the political events of Nigeria from 1914 to the present in a half-baked and highly selective manner which cleverly avoids the mention of the roles played by their elite who by all natural laws of judgement were actually responsible for the woes that befell not only the Igbo race but the entire Nigeria nation. The story told in the post above is one of such selective and distorted accounts of history which the average Igbo man is fond of narrating.

However, the national archives have the complete and unedited history of Nigeria regarding the political events beginning way back from even before 1914. I will therefore proceed to furnish my readers with the complete story for all to read and be endowed with enough facts so as to judge and act from an informed position.

Shortly after the 1914 Amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates, it started getting clear that the country was bound to fail as the amalgamation in question was done with colonial fiat without the consent and consensus of the different tribes which were over 300. This prompted the political leaders to start asking for de-amalgamation so as to forestall the future danger which the forced amalgamation portended.

To that end, Ahmadu Bello, speaking on behalf of the Northern protectorate in 1944 described the amalgamation as "The mistake of 1914 which if allowed to remain will ultimately lead to unstoppable bloodshed and a failed country".

Awolowo, speaking on behalf of the Yorubas and Western minorities, described Nigeria as a mere geographical expression not qualified to be called a country let alone a nation. Awolowo added that if the amalgamation could not be reversed, then Nigeria should be structured as a strictly federal state so as to enable each tribe enjoy autonomy this freedom from being dominated by any one single tribe.

But Nnamdi Azikiwe, speaking for the Igbos, denounced Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello, terming them ethnic champions. He accused them of nursing a sectional agenda against the unity of Nigeria, and he declared further that the Unity of Nigeria was non-negotiable.

After moving the motion for independece in 1953, Anthony Enahoro proposed that a secession clause should be incorporated into the future constitution of Nigeria so as to give legal backing for any tribe to peacefully exit the forced union if it feels marginalized in future. According to Enahoro, such provision in our constitution would instill in all Nigeria's future leaders the fear of the consequences of misgovernance. But Azikiwe, speaking on behalf of Igbos, rose against him in the parliament and labelled him an agent of disunity, and enemy of Nigeria. At a later date, Awolowo too made a case for secession clause, but Azikiwe again resisted him and instigated the colonial authorities to threaten him and Enahoro with charges of treasonable felony if they didn't stop proposing secession clause for the future constitution. While Azikiwe did all these, Igbos cheered and urged him on because they felt the future Nigeria was theirs to dominate and lord it over every other tribe

Before independece, Tafawa Balewa too had in a public speech described Nigeria as a British experiment and Nigeria's unity as a British intention which Nigerians themselves don't believe in. But Azikiwe kicked and demonized him too. Had Azikiwe co-operated with Enahoro, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa about the secession clause, Nigeria perhaps would not have been this misgoverned.

For those in doubt, here is a link of one of the numerous instances in which Nnamdi Azikiwe fought against the secession clause proposal for the future Nigeria constitution.

It should be noted that there were many Igbo members of the parliament in which Azikiwe fought against Awolowo's secession clause proposal in the link above, but not a single one of them rose against Azikiwe or condemned him.

Igbos initially never wanted to hear anything like secession in Nigeria because they so much believed, though falsely, that they were the most educated tribe. (The first Nigerian tribe to produce a university graduate is the Binis). As an evidence of Igbo domination agenda hence their initial resistance to the idea of secession; here are some quotes:

"From all indications, the god of us Igbos have destined us to rule the whole of Africa"..... Nnamdi Azikiwe (1945).

1 Like

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Nchenches: 12:25am On Nov 21, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Foolish talk.

Unable to find a sentence to disagree with what one wrote, the “Foolish” only which you responded with, is a typical FOOLISH PERSON’s way of response.

I don’t blame you. What do you think Igbo is going to do with Ikwerre if Ikwerre people collectively agree that they are not Igbo?
For example, if Nigeria breaks tomorrow and Igbo goes with the 5 SE states and Anioma for Biafra, Ikwerre is in gross problem. But for now, you are not able to envision the gross problem. You are using Igbo as shield in Nigeria to continue to receive 13% from derivation which swells the heads of the Wikes in Rivers state. Aboki has been clamoring for 13%be removed, because according to Aboki, the 35% makes some states super rich more than other states. Without fear of possible untoward reaction from the Igbo, Aboki would have removed the 13% payments from derivation.
Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by IkwerrePikin: 7:43am On Nov 21, 2020
Nchenches:

Unable to find a sentence to disagree with what one wrote, the “Foolish” only which you responded with, is a typical FOOLISH PERSON’s way of response.

I don’t blame you. What do you think Igbo is going to do with Ikwerre if Ikwerre people collectively agree that they are not Igbo?
For example, if Nigeria breaks tomorrow and Igbo goes with the 5 SE states and Anioma for Biafra, Ikwerre is in gross problem. But for now, you are not able to envision the gross problem. You are using Igbo as shield in Nigeria to continue to receive 35% from derivation which swells the heads of the Wikes in Rivers state. Aboki has been clamoring for 35% be removed, because according to Aboki, the 35% makes some states super rich more than other states. Without fear of possible untoward reaction from the Igbo, Aboki would have removed the 35% payments from derivation.

Which 35%? You’re a kid, you shouldn’t be discussing politics. No state receive 35% but rather 13%.

What problem will ikwerre be if you igbos get your biafra? Are you more intelligent than Ikwerre people? Oga we don’t want you and that’s certain and nothing will change that Mr. Igbo man.

That is why i said there are too many kids on Nairaland. ASUU needs to resume school so you can go and focus on your studies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Welcome The New Benin Ikwere People by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 24, 2020
Bkayyy:

Please quote me anywhere, it is better to be an educated illiterate than to be an uneducated literate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! / Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures / How Many Wards Are In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.