Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

This Is What Buhari’s Minister Said About Late JJ Rawlings As Tribute (photos) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Is What Buhari’s Minister Said About Late JJ Rawlings As Tribute (photos) (238 Views)

Revealed! What Buhari Told Me About Biafra Agitations – Umahi / FULL VIDEO: What Buhari Told Traditional Rulers In Aso Rock / This Is What Buhari Needs For Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Buhari’s Minister Said About Late JJ Rawlings As Tribute (photos) by Tonway(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2020
Since the sudden passing away of former Ghanaian President, Mr. JJ Rawlings was announced last week, many African, and world leaders have continue to sent and released their condolences and tributes in honour and felicitation with the former leader’s family and the people of Ghana. These encomiums are releases of the respective encounters of these world personalities with the late Mr. Rawlings, and they are memories that are supposed to comfort the love ones of Mr. Rawlings, friends and the people of Ghana. The Nigerian Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, and former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Sen. (Dr) Godswill Obot Akpabio was not left out from the lists of world personalities that condoled with Mrs. Rawlings and the good people of Ghana.

Penning his condolence and tribute to the former Ghanaian strong man, and addressed to the late African leader’s wife, the Minister, through his press secretary, Mr. Anietie Ekong informed Mrs. Rawlings thus…..

“We received the news of the sudden demise of ex-President JJ Rawlings of Ghana here in Nigeria with great shock.

Please be comforted that in life you had a great partner, a Pan Africanist, a global icon, a transformational leader and a humanist as a husband, father and brother.

His Leadership style was infectious in and out of offices. He mentored many young leaders beyond the shores of Ghana. He showed how one should love and serve his country beyond self. He will forever be remembered as the father of modern Ghana.

He loved Africa so much that he boarded a flight from Accra to Uyo in Nigeria to join me in my state alongside other African Leaders such as Presidents (Dr) Goodluck Jonathan-Nigeria; Dr John Mahama Dramani, Ghana; Alassane Quattara of Cote d’ivoire to commission the best International Stadium I bequeathed to West Africa in 2014. At that time I was serving humanity as an Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State one of the states in South South Nigeria.

He slept over in Uyo and spent enormous energy visiting project sites across the state and thereafter stated that he came to personally confirm the Uncommon Transformation he had heard so much about. Expressing his happiness, he told my people then that the giant strides he witnessed in Akwa Ibom State gave him hope that there was still a future for our continent.

We shall miss him and his commitment to bettering the lot of the less privileged in your country and elsewhere in Africa. Please accept our condolences and may his soul rest in perfect peace, amen.

Senator Godswill Akpabio, CON

Honourable Minister,

Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs

Former Minority Leader of the Senate

And Governor Akwa Ibom State (2007- 2015)

Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy Gets Grammy Nomination. / Tracking A Scammer Through Their Phone Number / Help, How Long Does It Take Paystack To Payout Cash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.