Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,162 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student (918 Views)

7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister / EFCC Invites Betta Edu, The Suspended Humanitarian Affairs Minister / CCB Act That Indicts The Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by Rhapsodia: 3:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
Akwa Ibom State University Student Suspended for Allegedly "Abusing" Governor UDOM Emmanuel on Facebook.

Ekpo Iniobong Isang aka Afrosix Jaara is the student suspended indefinitely by the Akwa Ibom State University with the unnecessary excuse that he insulted Governor Udom Emmanuel on Facebook.

According to him, the school management had convened a meeting on 26th August, 2020 (while schools were not on session because of the covid-19 lockdown) for the hearing of his facebook post against the governor. According to the school management, a letter was sent to him to appear before the panel, but he Ekpo, Iniobong said he never received a letter or any invitation verbally from the school, for an appearance before the panel. He said the only letter he had ever received from the school was a letter of indefinite suspension which was sent to his parents in Lagos.

It should be noted that,

1. The school authority convened its 63rd meeting at a time when school was not on session and the said student was in Lagos.

2. The student in question did not receive any invitation letter to appear before the said 63rd Senate Meeting as claimed by the school.

3. The school found it funny to suspend a student for saying the truth and call it abusive post.

Attached below are the letter of suspension and the students response to the letter as well as the said post that got him suspended.

I am not however surprised that Akwa Ibom state had already danced into a totalitarian regime under the leadership of governor Udom Emmanuel. We have seen the freedom of speech and freedom of expression of citizens being trampled upon by this administration. Little wonder the state institution under his watch is trying please him with so much effort.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1561995077318239&id=100005232847039

Mynd44
OAM4J
lala

Come and help this brother...he needs us

Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by Liposure: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
He spoke his mind and all you could do was penalise him. This is not fair.

4 Likes

Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by Rhapsodia: 4:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
JUSTICE for AFROSIX JAARA

Vice Chancellor should leave social media and concentrate on making our Universities a better place of learning.

Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by capatainrambo: 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2020
Wati black man do black man

Re blacks cursed ?
Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by CodeTemplar: 4:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
We glorify idiocy and that's why leaders trample us as they want. I wonder what the letter served to the boy will read. "insulting oga on top" I guess
Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2020
By the way what if the Governor doesn't know about the student Facebook post criticizing him, maybe the VC is just doing it for eye service.
Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by Egalitarian1: 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2020
Injustice to one is an Injustice to all. Let justice be perfectly done and culpability fixed where culpability is, SIMPLE!
Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by densiks: 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2020
This decision and action from the management of the Akwa Ibom State university is an embarrassment to the meaning and purpose of the citadel of learning which is meant to be a place for contestation and scrutiny of ideas.

As an AkwaIbomite,I condemn in the strongest possible terms the unnecessary and unwarranted action taken against the young and creative student whose only offense is the expression of his thoughts based on a factual record of shameful events that has been taking place in his school.

For the records,the university is a public institution,built by public funds,sustained my mandatory fees and charges paid by students and its existence predates the current administration.

I am using this medium and others to challenge the management of the institution to as a matter of urgency rescind this shameful action and issue an apology to the victimized student in less than three days.
Failure of which we will be forced to institute a class action suit against the management of the university.

There must be a total end to intimidation and oppression against freedom of expression in the so called democracy we are practicing and the Akwa Ibom State university is not an exception.

1 Like

Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by Rhapsodia: 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2020
densiks:
This decision and action from the management of the Akwa Ibom State university is an embarrassment to the meaning and purpose of the citadel of learning which is meant to be a place for contestation and scrutiny of ideas.

As an AkwaIbomite,I condemn in the strongest possible terms the unnecessary and unwarranted action taken against the young and creative student whose only offense is the expression of his thoughts based on a factual record of shameful events that has been taking place in his school.

For the records,the university is a public institution,built by public funds,sustained my mandatory fees and charges paid by students and its existence predates the current administration.

I am using this medium and others to challenge the management of the institution to as a matter of urgency rescind this shameful action and issue an apology to the victimized student in less than three days.
Failure of which we will be forced to institute a class action suit against the management of the university.

There must be a a total end to intimidation and oppression against freedom of expression in the so called democracy we are practicing.

May God bless you immediately brother. This has been our cry for days now.

Mynd44 please push this to front page...let's help this brother.
Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by densiks: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
Rhapsodia:

May God bless you immediately brother. This has been our cry for days now.

Mynd44 please push this to front page...let's help this brother.

Please are you aware if the student was allowed to participate in the examinations.

I just confirmed the dates and I’ve discovered it’s a past event.

I will like to get in touch with him as soon as possible.
Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by Rhapsodia: 7:19am On Nov 18, 2020
densiks:

Please are you aware if the student was allowed to participate in the examinations.

I just confirmed the dates and I’ve discovered it’s a past event.

I will like to get in touch with him as soon as possible.

Sure, he was allowed to write the exams. But it wasn't easy for him. The stigmatization was heavy especially from the students that plotted his downfall...
Re: JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student by Jerrite(m): 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Tacha Defends Buhari, Tackles Other Politicians / Is Sharia Related To The Current Insurgency In The North? / S-east Governors, Others Plotting To Incite Vigilante Groups Against ESN —IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.