Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister (4905 Views)

Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover / EFCC Invites Betta Edu, The Suspended Humanitarian Affairs Minister / Is Betta Edu The Most Visible Political Women's Leader? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by nairavibeguy: 9:16pm On Jan 08
7 facts about Beta Edu, the embattled Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation

1. She was one time Commissioner of Health in Cross Rivers State from 2019-2022.

2. She is the immediate past National Women Leader of the APC.

3. She graduated from Federal Government Girls College, Calabar in 2001 and and obtained her first degree from the University of Calabar in 2009.

4. She was accused of posting fake pictures of ventilators during the COVID-19 pandemic

5. In August 2023 She was sworn in as a Federal Minister.

6. She is the first female Minister from Cross Rivers State

7. On January 8, 2024 She was suspended from office by President Tinubu

https://nairavibe.com/7-facts-about-beta-edu-the-suspended-minister-of-humanitarian-affairs-and-poverty-alleviation/

2 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by jkpbestseries: 10:29pm On Jan 08
It was too early. Northerner want that position so badly, but she played into their hands

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by drmuchin: 1:35am On Jan 09
She played her hand
She no wise

4 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by Raskimonojendor: 2:33am On Jan 09
The so called "Not too young to run".

7 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by aribisala0(m): 2:42am On Jan 09
I see her being cleared . I am not her supporter and I generally do not like her but if it cannot be shown that she benefitted or intended to benefit from her action especially if it is established that it had been the practice to do what she did at that Ministry in the past before she arrived then she will be cleared
There is information that what she did is being done or was done by all Ministers or most under Buhari and still now . That is likely to work in her favour and put down to inexperience
Going forward
She might be cleared and returned to office or cleared but still sacked and settled somewhere else
The key issue would be did she benefit or intend to benefit personal

6 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by Abufo: 2:45am On Jan 09
jkpbestseries:
It was too early. Northerner want that position so badly, but she played into their hands

goody 2 shoes southerners effectively threw her under the bus ....cementing in your naive sub conscious that southern xtians are morally bankrupt .........meanwhile Fulanis are the most formidable looters in the known universe...........the negro is such a buffoon,it beggars belief!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by Gandollar(f): 5:17am On Jan 09
aribisala0:
I see her being cleared . I am not her supporter and I generally do not like her but if it cannot be shown that she benefitted or intended to benefit from her action especially if it is established that it had been the practice to do what she did at that Ministry in the past before she arrived then she will be cleared
There is information that what she did is being done or was done by all Ministers or most under Buhari and still now . That is likely to work in her favour and put down to inexperience
Going forward
She might be cleared and returned to office or cleared but still sacked and settled somewhere else
Where's the place of the constitution in all these lengthy write up from you?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by aribisala0(m): 5:24am On Jan 09
Gandollar:
Where's the place of the constitution in all these lengthy write up from you?
Tell us

5 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by Beverlyjean(f): 5:43am On Jan 09
Posting fake ventilator pics.,. No be today thief thief de her body

7 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by bdon12: 5:54am On Jan 09
Whos fcking her...whos her husband?

1 Like

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:54am On Jan 09
I will be so disappointed in her if she's found guilty of all accusations levied against her upon all investigations

1 Like

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by 1Alex: 5:58am On Jan 09
Did you say she finished secondary school in 2001?

According to her profile, she was born on the 27th of October 1986.

So she finished secondary school at 13 years.
Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by tizzle(m): 6:12am On Jan 09
1Alex:

15yrs... You no know maths?

9 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:15am On Jan 09
1Alex:

2 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by nairavibeguy: 7:07am On Jan 09
1Alex:

Actually, 1986-2001 is 15 years

2 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by Racoon(m): 7:15am On Jan 09
Most importantly, she has added her name to the list of high profile corrupt persons to be indicted while serving in government.
Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by Nicepoker(m): 7:19am On Jan 09
That disastrous ministry should be scrapped pls.
Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by Gadafii: 7:32am On Jan 09
Petty thief

She quickly alleviated her own poverty at the detriment of poor Nigerians 😒😒

I talk am before and I am saying it again, everyone around tinubu is a crook and they are here to continue the pillaging buhari goons started with
Apc only offer death, destruction and corruption, they already surpassed PDP in 10 folds

2 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by jumper524(m): 9:15am On Jan 09
jkpbestseries:
its sad when educated folks only see things from regional or tribal perspective.
How has that position benefited the north?
She did wrong and got served.
No be we dey talk about corruption?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by johnog4sure: 10:19am On Jan 09
aribisala0:
Going forward
100% that is it.
Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by faceland: 11:17am On Jan 09
drmuchin:
She played her hand
She no wise

Worst part, she has access to Tinubu.
That alone can make her money with time (by acting like an informal lobbyist)... but she went full force in abusing her own position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by faceland: 11:18am On Jan 09
aribisala0:
Going forward

Don't forget the fake airport fees in Kogi.
Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by aribisala0(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09
faceland:

Don't forget the fake airport fees in Kogi.
I am not the one investigating her am I ? You can email them to remind them so they do not forget

3 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by aribisala0(m): 12:10pm On Jan 09
faceland:

Worst part, she has access to Tinubu.
That alone can make her money with time (by acting like an informal lobbyist)... but she went full force in abusing her own position.
How did she abuse her position? I wan to play devil's advocate here
Any person investigating this matter has to be open minded and listen to both sides of the story

If you have already made up your mind you cannot be objective

What do you believe to be abuse exactly?
Is there any evidence that she benefitted or intended to benefit from her action?

1 Like

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by mangood74: 12:18pm On Jan 09
Please you people should stop dragging her
Anytime Igbos does something you people will want to crucify them
Nothing will happen to beta edu

The YORUBA Minister mentioned in the same brouhaha is being shielded
Nonsense
Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by faceland: 12:25pm On Jan 09
aribisala0:
How did she abuse her position? I wan to play devil's advocate here

What do you believe to be abuse exactly?
Is there any evidence that she benefitted or intended to benefit from her action?

I don't know, awarding your friend (Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo), a contract worth hundreds of millions of naira (the same contract was given TWICE, 179m and over 150m).
Pushing hundreds of millions of naira into a private account (where you have full control of such funds even though you were advised against it by the Accountant General), and finally inflating travel budgets for you and your aides (including flight fees to places without airports). I am sure there are many more things not yet known to the public, all of these in less than 6 months of appointment.
Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by aribisala0(m): 12:28pm On Jan 09
faceland:

I don't know, awarding your friend (Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo), a contract worth hundreds of millions of naira (the same contract was given TWICE, 179m and over 150m).
Pushing hundreds of millions of naira into a private account (where you have full control of such funds even though you were advised against it by the Accountant General), and finally inflating travel budgets for you and your aides (including flight fees to places without airports). I am sure there are many more things not yet known to the public, all of these in less than 6 months of appointment.
My friend
Please do not quote me if you want to talk like an idiotic child

I have zero patience for idiotic talk

1 Like

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by faceland: 12:32pm On Jan 09
aribisala0:
I am not the one investigating her am I ? You can email them to remind them so they do not forget

Cool down.
It's a forum isn't it?
You said she would be free if she proves she did not gained directly. That might be an instance where she and her friends gained directly.
Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by aribisala0(m): 12:34pm On Jan 09
faceland:

Cool down.
It's a forum isn't it?
You said she would be free if she proves she did not gained directly. That might be an instance where she and her friends gained directly.

Am I heating up?

Where did I say that? I never said so?
Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by faceland: 12:35pm On Jan 09
aribisala0:

Am I heating up?

Where did I say that? I never said so?
aribisala0:
Going forward

aribisala0:
My friend
Please do not quote me if you want to talk like an idiotic child

I have zero patience for idiotic talk

Okay, okay. You are one of those with mental illness on Nairaland or directly profited from her fraud.
I sincerely thought you asked me a question. Sorry. Oya, continue, I wouldn't reply you again sir.

I wish Seun can give us the ability to block specific profiles so we don't have to have these confrontations..

2 Likes

Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by aribisala0(m): 12:41pm On Jan 09
faceland:

Okay, okay. You are one of those with mental illness on Nairaland or directly profited from her fraud.
I sincerely thought you asked me a question. Sorry. Oya, continue, I wouldn't reply you again sir.
Did I say what you said I said? That is why many of you can never pass English

There is no onus on her to PROVE anything and I never said what you said I said so go and collect your money from your English teacher.
I never mentioned the word PROVE
I never talked about her GOING FREE under ANY circumstances
Re: 7 Facts About Beta Edu, The Suspended Minister by wolesmile(m): 12:45pm On Jan 09
tizzle:

15yrs... You no know maths?
I knew of a girl like that in 2008. She finished secondary school when she was barely 14.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines / Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State / The Other IPOB! Exposing What The IPOB Elders Are Doing Under Ground!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.