Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,729 members, 7,955,766 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast (10166 Views)

Full Text Of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's Nationwide Broadcast / Full Text Of Ambode's World Press Conference (Video) / Throwback Photo Of Governor Ugwuanyi & Anayo Nwosu, His Classmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by vineyardfarms: 5:37am On Nov 18, 2020
Wisdomkosi:

https://igberetvnews.com/1372060/defection-full-text-gov-umahis-broadcast/

IGBO'S LACK UNITY BECAUSE OF SELFISH - SELF CENTRED INTEREST
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by emerged01(m): 5:46am On Nov 18, 2020
Wrong move.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Coronavirus1: 5:47am On Nov 18, 2020
He will still run back after Pdp win presidential Election come 2023. He is in Apc to protect his loot.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by jimony30: 5:49am On Nov 18, 2020
I stand with Dave Umahi. Wailers over to u .

1 Like

Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by holywind(m): 6:03am On Nov 18, 2020
[quote author=benuejosh post=96159914]
The selling ticket for APC would be Zulum and Umahi. and both of them will make great leaders.

1 Like

Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Gkay1(m): 6:10am On Nov 18, 2020
life na per head, e nor concern me jare
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by adecz: 6:13am On Nov 18, 2020
Is Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe not
part & parcel of Southeast?

If Enugu man is given president, Imo
Igbo will still be complaining that
Enugu Igbo no be the real koko Igbo.

Amaka must change their ways, if
not their son will never reside in Aso Rock!!

Ogini?? undecided undecided undecided

Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by flyingpig: 6:44am On Nov 18, 2020
Eteka1:
Why the uproar? A governor from Edo recently defected from APC to PDP to achieve his ambition and people were clapping for him. Now Umahi is defecting from PDP to APC apparently also to achieve his ambition and same people are calling it "selfish interest", "he lacks political ideology" etc. I don't understand how we play politics in this country.
don't mind them. As if Obaseki didn't leave APC to PDP for same selfish interest of actualizing his governorship ambition.

1 Like

Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by dadavivo: 6:47am On Nov 18, 2020
Rubbish talk from a selfish politician.

You have apkabio yourself sir
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Goodluckall: 6:48am On Nov 18, 2020
Na na Apc go give you presidency abi
����
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Dijita: 6:52am On Nov 18, 2020
This is the problem with IGBOs, it's always self centered politics above everything else. Their leader need to learn to form allegiance to a party and stick with it come rain or sunshine. APC is not going to zone the presidential ticket to the SE. APC is the amalgamation of parties that are strong in the North and the South West. APC is not strong in the SE. If governor Umahi really wanted an Igbo president and not president Umahi he should have stayed in the PDP and fight for a seat on the table.
What can he get in APC? They are not going to give the president or the vice to a new comer to the party. His defection may however force the PDP to zone the presidency to the SE. If they do, I will applaud him.
I may be wrong, however, I still don't see how APC will zone either the President or the Vice president to the SE. APC base is in the North and the SW. IF the SW loose zoning to the SE the APC is most likely going to loose support in the SW. IF the presidency is zone to the SE and the SW get VP the party is likely to loose support in the North. I strongly believe that the PDP have a better chance of producing an Igbo president than the APC. The PDP have their base in the SS and SE and some part of the North. IF the APC failed to zone the presidency to the SW they may be able to get enough protest vote in the SW that will make a difference.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by nelsonchek(m): 6:58am On Nov 18, 2020
Wisdomkosi:

https://igberetvnews.com/1372060/defection-full-text-gov-umahis-broadcast/
you're welcome to our great movement which is more than a mere political party that shares the same ideology with you.
success all the way.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by donnie(m): 7:03am On Nov 18, 2020
benuejosh:
This is Democracy. Freedom of association is allowed!

The selling ticket for APC would be Zulum and Umahi. Either of them as VP and President.

The only governors that I have seen work in Nigeria and have delivered in an unprecedented manner so far. These guys have worked (built infrastructure and paid workers) as though they print money in their states. They are the silent achievers. In my own opinion, they are the two best performing governors.

I don't know who is the worst but Benue, Kogi, Abia, et al. Compete for that spot.

How could you leave out Cross River?
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Stevewonder004(m): 7:06am On Nov 18, 2020
"Am happy doing my business" God go bless u, tnk you for saying the truth. We all know tha Nigerian politics is buying and selling but una never addmit.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Harrynight(m): 7:07am On Nov 18, 2020
grin
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Harrynight(m): 7:12am On Nov 18, 2020
benuejosh:
This is Democracy. Freedom of association is allowed!

The selling ticket for APC would be Zulum and Umahi. Either of them as VP and President.

The only governors that I have seen work in Nigeria and have delivered in an unprecedented manner so far. These guys have worked (built infrastructure and paid workers) as though they print money in their states. They are the silent achievers. In my own opinion, they are the two best performing governors.

I don't know who is the worst but Benue, Kogi, Abia, et al. Compete for that spot.

You need to know the achievement and performance of Akwa-Ibom State Governor then u will know that Udom of a guy is a real leader and Achiever
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Okoroawusa: 7:20am On Nov 18, 2020
Dave Umahi thank you for speaking out against the injustice meted out to Igbos since 1998.
We have been waiting for one igbo leader to speak out about it and I am glad that you have taken the bull by the horns. Even if you had decamped to APGA his point would have been made.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by ada9ja(f): 7:23am On Nov 18, 2020
Most comments about Umahi defection shows how stupid some people are and with such people Nigeria cant moved forward.
When it was Obaseki.....moving from APC to PDP, they called him saint and A brave man but he gave his reason.....
Umahi left PDP to APC, you are isntuling him even when he also gave his own reason.

Now what make some people stupid about all these?

Both PDP n APC are the greatest problem we have....you voted Obaseki not because of the party, so i accept you to also love Umahi not for the party.

until we stop party (APC, PDP) madness, we will not moved forward.

There are both matured enough to make decisions.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by EagleNest(m): 7:29am On Nov 18, 2020
Taaahh! No smoke without fire. Umahi should spare us all the rhetorics. Nigeria politics is about interests. He can't just defect to APC like that, in the guise of protest against PDP. We are not babies, it is much more than that. With time it will unfold, it didn't start today.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by bixton(m): 7:56am On Nov 18, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, you are right... David Umahi made the list of my top 20 Nigerian personalities we should emulate.. .. (https://www.nairaland.com/6212464/president-buharis-speech-armed-forces#95435120).. He's a great man.. He has my support, if Osinbajo doesn't contest.. Igbos, naturally, are great administrators, so yes.. David Umahi will make a great President!

God bless Nigeria.

I wish you could just streamline the bold but you just went ahead to generalize.
Anyways Gov.David Umahi is a very very one of a exceptional individual who knows how to separate politics from self. If only the SE will have governors of his type development in the real sense will rapidly fill the region.
May God take him to a higher calling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by bixton(m): 8:09am On Nov 18, 2020
EagleNest:
Taaahh! No smoke without fire. Umahi should spare us all the rhetorics. Nigeria politics is about interests. He can't just defect to APC like that, in the guise of protest against PDP. We are not babies, it is much more than that. With time it will unfold, it didn't start today.

When you see the fire without smoke you'll be wondering.
Read between the governors' lines.
PDP is fast crumbling under the rule of the South South.
No sensible, reasonable or sensible and reasonable Igbo man will vote for PDP if they do not zone the Presidential ticket to the zone rather than giving them the VP slot.
It is their right under the PDP and not a privilege.
It's just a matter of time, the nuts holding the tyre of the wheelbarrow will freely be removed.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Pio44: 8:14am On Nov 18, 2020
Soon u will come beg for forgiveness, anyway na ur game plan well, all of una na dis
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by holywind(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2020
holy romance mehnn, people can cry me a river, umahi is the epitome of good governance, we the people of ebonyi state admires him, politics or no politics, this man is a successful business man
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 18, 2020
Protesting from PDP to APC is like from EVIL to DARKNESS...
Why not at least go to APGA or form a new alliance with the youth,since you are the best amongst the bad 36 Governors.
Why APC that has increased the volume of hardship in a short period of their reign if not for having established structures at your disposal for further aspirations.
In a sane clime,the condition APC and PDP has put Nigerians, no sane man or woman will ever thumb print inside their witches broom or perforated umbrella.
But who do we have here?, a set of people who have been subjected to misery over the years and are willing to dance the dance of shame for a spoon of porridge,not even a plate.
They have further been manipulated by religions, regions,subregions, ethnicity, party,gender etc..
While their manipulators are united in their pursuit of avarice, vis-à-vis the smokescreen opposition,especially when they get hold of the power,the people are divided.
Close to elections they will play their "munu" button by raising the aformentioned divisive mechanisms.
Any hope?,ask yourself what you think.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by oglalasioux(m): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2020
Front0lane:
Dave don break one lunatic heart.
This fool won't be writing all this nonsense when Saraki n his gang of 40 thieves crossed over to PDP O but now the fool can make senseless comment about arguable the best performing PDP governor because with all the hype about this same Umahi he as not accomplished half the project Obiano Ganduje n Utom accomplished.

Uh oh. Are you saying Dave Umahi fits my description of a politician?
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Seawhy(m): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2020
Truth be told, no politician has the interest of his people at heart. And the earlier this is brought to the lime light, the better. Today, Governor Umahi has defected to APC , and according to him, the PDP has been marginalizing south east and needs to join APC. The question is what contribution has Governor Umahi made to change this scenario. Also, what has APC done to the South East, that Umahi is sing song of praise for them. Umahi should come out bold and tell Nigerians his reasons for joining APC, he said it all that politicians are liars and that is the simple truth.
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Samchimezie(m): 10:12am On Nov 18, 2020
WELL SPOKEN
Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Bambambiglo: 10:18am On Nov 18, 2020

Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 18, 2020
Bambambiglo:

Imhotep bring it on pls. PDP amaka
you are very correct. PDP amaka grin

cc lzaa blackking98 sarrki afamed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by Bambambiglo: 10:51am On Nov 18, 2020
imhotep:

you are very correct. PDP amaka grin

cc lzaa blackking98 sarrki afamed

Re: Defection: Full Text Of Governor Umahi’s Broadcast by eddyslim(m): 10:53am On Nov 18, 2020
Farewell David Umahi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? / Fashola. Must We Do Every Business?” Lagos Fire. / Afenifere To Buhari: Sack Service Chiefs Like You Did To APC NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.