Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari (1434 Views)

Repeat Of Imo Script: INEC Disowns APC's Manufactured Votes In Court Of Appeal / EndSARS: Engage Youths To Avoid Protests - Buhari Tells Women / Protests: Buhari Despatches Cabinet Members To Home States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Openbusiness: 8:33am On Nov 18, 2020
I won't allow repeat of #EndSARS Protests in Nigeria, Buhari assures

….As Security Chiefs express concern over bandits, kidnappers activities in North

President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that he will do whatever it will take to ensure that the #EndSARS protests does not repeat itself in the country.

This is as the President and heads of security agencies have expressed concern over the increasing cases of banditry and kidnapping in the country especially within the North West and North East geopolitical zones and resolved to deal with it decisively.

Minister of Police Affairs, Muhammad Dingyadi, disclosed this on Tuesday, while briefing State House correspondents at the end of the National Security Council meeting chaired by President Buhari at the Presidential Villa Abuja.

Dingyadi said that the meeting was convened to brief the President about security situation in the country.

According to him, “The meeting noted with concern the increasing cases of armed banditry particularly in the North West and North Eastern part of the country. The meeting agreed to be more proactive in dealing with the situation in a more decisive manner.

“The meeting noted the need to pay greater attention to the police in the discharge of its functions to maintain peace in the country, in the areas of equipment and moderne technology.

“The meeting thanked the President for the concern which he has shown in repositioning the police to perform more effectively.

“In his concluding remarks, Mr. President thanked members for the efforts they are making in maintaining peace and assured members that he will do whatever it takes to support security agencies in providing peace in the country.

“Mr. President assured Nigerians that he will do whatever it takes to ensure the repeat of EndSARS protests does not occur in Nigeria again.

“Mr. President reassured that all stakeholders will be involved in the process of maintaining peace in the country, particularly the youth, community leaders, traditional rulers, politicians, public servants, religious leaders etc.”

The Minister said that the Federal Government will continue to maintain its bureaucratic, humane and just postures in handling security matters in the country.

Asked to explain what the President meant by saying he will not allow a repeat of EndSARS protest and whether he would move against any such protest in future, the Minister said, “What we are saying is that government will continue to dialogue, it will continue to listen and will continue to carry all stakeholders along in ensuring that there is no repeat of what happened that destroyed a lot of properties, public and private, individuals in this country.”

Fielding question on the Council’s resolution to be more decisive in dealing with security issues, he said that an all inclusive action would be taken to ensure that in terms of technology, equipment the challenges are taken head on.

Dingyadi said that the government alongside the security agencies have set out a time line to deal with the security situation in the country.

“Let me say that in whatever one does you must have a timeline, you must have your targets and you must work towards achieving those targets. We have our timelines, we have our targets and we are working towards achieving those targets,” he said.

Also answering another question on the comment by Audu Bulama Bukarti, a security analyst in an interview that if care was not taken bandits and other criminals will become too powerful to be rein in, he said that bandits had already been degraded and can never overpower the government.

He said, “You see, these bandits have already being degraded, so there is no way they will resuscitate themselves and take over.

” I think they have already been degraded, what they are doing is just hit and run kind of tactics. So, we don’t see any sign of them coming to takeover or overpower, I think they have been well degraded and they are just trying to show their presence in a very cowardice manner.”

On the concerns that police have abandoned Abuja-Kaduna road, the Minister said, “Once a small thing happens in a particular place like this Kaduna, we begin to talk about lack of security in that area.

“That place is being monitored 24 hours. There are police and the army who are on a kind of joint patrol on 24 hours basis. We also have our own separate police formation that is also on that road.

“I think it is an over statement to say that that place is not being secured. People are still following it, we agree that there have been cases of attacks but these are normal things these people do whenever they have opportunity and we are equal to the task.

“Whenever this kind of thing happens, we pursue them like what happened just two days ago, those people were rescued. So police and security personnel will continue to monitor this road and all other places to ensure that peace is to a very large extent maintained in the area.”

Asked if the police were really back on the streets and whether their morale boosted to tackle the boldness of kidnappers going to people homes, he said that the police were back on their duty post.

He said, ” Even this morning (yesterday) at this meeting, I informed council that the police are very much on their duty posts unlike what people are saying. We receive daily situation reports from across the states and that is a good indicator that the police are very much on their duty posts, they are also on the road and they are working 24 hours.

“But I will agree with you when you say that police are not everywhere. We cannot be everywhere because of our number and equipment but we are doing all we can to ensure that we cover as much as we can and to protect as many lives as we can to ensure that there is peace in this country.”

The Minister, who was asked what was being done differently to stop the money being paid as ransome, which allegedly was being used to fund Boko Haram, warned the public to stop paying ransome.

He said, “You see, we always encourage people to report these cases to the police because, the moment you take it upon yourself and continue to pay ransom this will continue to occur.
https://wwwwww.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/i-wont-allow-repeat-of-endsars-protests-in-nigeria-buhari-assures/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Openbusiness: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2020
Our "Darling Daddy" has spoken grin
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by HandmadeD: 8:37am On Nov 18, 2020
Do the right thing, Protests will stop.
You can't stop people from demanding for privileges. Nigerians deserves good things
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 18, 2020
I just can't explain the level of hatred I have for this man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Karlifate: 8:46am On Nov 18, 2020

This is as the President and heads of security agencies have expressed concern over the increasing cases of banditry and kidnapping in the country especially within the North West and North East geopolitical zones and resolved to deal with it decisively.

FG to...

FG will...

FG may...

FG shall...

FG expresses concern...

Cheap phrases with no action.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by infini771: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2020
Who wan end sars again? Oga na your government we wan end now. You will soon meet your cattle in Daura.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by NwaAmaikpe: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2020
shocked

I concur.
A problem is best solved when nipped from the bud.

Our country must not be seen by the international community as being chaotic, neither should we allow foreigners interfere in our governance or even tacitly incite our easily-swayed idle and lazy youths.

Anti-Riot mobile policemen should be deployed on every street, all ENDSARS promoters must be closely monitored, their wings should be clipped and no form of peaceful protest should be condoned because it is in the guise of such demonstrations that anarchy looms.

Such proactive steps are more effective than meeting the demands of those youths who want good governance and a functional society.
It is obvious they are being used because how can a son ask for a meal his father never ate?
Our government should not be cajoled to negotiating with miscreants.

We can only thank Allah for giving us a firm leader like our darling daddy.

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by IamPlato(m): 8:47am On Nov 18, 2020
Like As I Will Always Say, the Youths Have No Plan all They Know How To Do Is Report Their Country to White Men like Nursery one Children expecting Europe To Come And Flog Buhari.

You Go Wait Taya, come 2023 there Are High Chances These Men Will Remain In Power...

All You Know How To Do Is Victimize Yourself And Wait For the Worse To Happen then When It Happens You Angrily destroy Your Own Properties then Run To Your White Uncles To Report Like A toothless Fowl
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by IamPlato(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
who Am I Seeing here...

Somebody Just Entered Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Karlifate: 8:52am On Nov 18, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Welcome back. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:52am On Nov 18, 2020
Werey dey disguise as Democrat this is full blown military regime
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by adadike(f): 8:52am On Nov 18, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
father, Biko kwuo ya ka churchi gbasa!

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by tillaman(m): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I concur.

Our country must not be seen by the international community as being chaotic, neither should we allow foreigners interfere in our governance or even tacitly incite our easily-swayed idle and lazy youths.

Anti-Riot mobile policemen should be deployed on every street, all ENDSARS promoters must be closely monitored, their wings should be clipped and no form of peaceful protest should be condoned because it is in the guise of such demonstrations that anarchy looms.

Such proactive steps are more effective than meeting the demands of those youths who want good governance and a functional society.
It is obvious they are being used because how can a son ask for a meal his father never ate?

in D’banj’s voice
it’s nwaamaikpe again

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by limeta(f): 9:10am On Nov 18, 2020
Our country must not be seen by the international community as being chaotic

What is this?
Boko haram. Isis . fulani herdsman, bandits,Apc. Islam ☪️ Buhari
What could be more chaotic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by dfrost: 9:14am On Nov 18, 2020
cheesy grin

I'm not interested in the news. I'm only interested in the rambles of NwaAmaikpe. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Liposure: 9:33am On Nov 18, 2020
Mr president your slow response to pertinent issues bedeviling this country is annoying to say the truth. Nigerians voted you because they believed in you

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by bigeliot(m): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2020
As if he was aware of the 1st one. As long as it didn't get to him as a shock, he doesn't know. "I was in shock"
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 18, 2020
I remember writing a comment on listening to the people rather than use force..

Now you have used force and have seen the outcome.. it has greatly shown the incapability of the police and the disarray in the army.

It was a protest that could have been quenched with as little as sacking the IGP of police, his retirement was even due as at then..

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by CodeTemplar: 9:54am On Nov 18, 2020
... but you will permit continuation of police and army brutality.
bubu is making doubters understand this is the 1984 version and not jibrin from Sudan.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by CodeTemplar: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2020
limeta:

Our country must not be seen by the international community as being chaotic

What is this?
Boko haram. Isis . fulani herdsman, bandits,Apc. Islam ☪️ Buhari
What could be more chaotic
After lekki shooting first thing that cataclysmic fellow did was warn media houses through NBC about embarrassing the govt internationally and meeting emir of Kano to quell Kano riots for the lad who died in police custody.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Ecomac1: 10:18am On Nov 18, 2020
Bubu generation is blind and wicked
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Prezilittle: 10:37am On Nov 18, 2020
Guy get sense na
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I concur.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Oksman(m): 10:40am On Nov 18, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
I just can't explain the level of hatred I have for this man.

grin grin grin
"Hating is more injurious to the hater than the hated." Martin Luther.
I understand your hard feeling. Karma will take care him for any good or bad he did.
Have a nice day.
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Macphenson: 10:41am On Nov 18, 2020
Okoo
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by lawalosky(m): 10:45am On Nov 18, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I concur.

Welcome back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by ProfAmaben(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
The minister that is saying that the Kaduna road is safe must be high on soak away faeces. Oga minister, kindly ply that road with your family and 50 soldiers let's see what the outcome would be.
Giving all sorts of cheap lies to score political points.

A renowned APC member called Wale died last week Tuesday after he was kidnapped along Kaduna road. His family didn't have 10 million naira ransom to pay the bandits. They pleaded with the bandits for 2 million and the bandit leader said that 2 million is too small, that for even negotiating, they have increased the ransom to Twelve million (12 million). Wale was killed that day.

To all the gullible APC fanatics, you see how Wale died, all these helinues etc no like APC reach Wale o, Wale believed in the government and paid for his foolishness with his life.

Let's be wise.
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Kingnutts(m): 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
If e sure for am make he talk am for live conference. . These ones are just talk in rubbish in the name of a late person..
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Raydos: 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2020
We sef no dey do #EndSARS protest again nah,

Nah #EndBadGovernment be the next move now!! This time around, so many politicians and soldiers and anyone who might be trying to stop us will die in the course of it!!

Just watch out!!
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
it beats my imagination that the government is trying so hard to stop protests but not putting the same effort In making life better for all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by giftedben: 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2020
This time around am coming for you
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by GOFRONT(m): 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2020
angry
Re: I Won’t Allow Repeat Of #endsars Protests — Buhari by sammysmiles(m): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
What's PMB saying?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I LEFT NNAMDI KANU AFTER I DISCOVERED HE IS A DICTATOR & SERIAL LIAR- KALU IDIKA / Ibom Air To Become The First Operator Of The Airbus A220-300 In West Africa / Murray Bruce: Nigeria Need The Ingenunity Of The Igbos To Compete With The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.