Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Governor Dave Umahi Breaks Silence After Dumping PDP For APC [VIDEO] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Dave Umahi Breaks Silence After Dumping PDP For APC [VIDEO] (198 Views)

Asiwaju Tinubu Visits Governor Dave Umahi (pictures) / Jimi Agbaje Speaks On ‘dumping’ PDP For APC / Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Dave Umahi Breaks Silence After Dumping PDP For APC [VIDEO] by Treasure7515(f): 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has said he wants to be a martyr who will be sacrificed to achieve the much-sought Igbo presidency.

Umahi made the declaration on Tuesday in Abakaliki while briefing newsmen, noting that only martyrs make sacrifices for the peoples’ interest in difficult times.

The governor, who confirmed that he is defecting from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressive Congress, said he will not regret the decision no matter its outcome.

“I have to lead the protest against the marginalisation of the Igbos by the PDP and I don’t have to consult anybody to lead such a protest.

“I don’t want the PDP to collapse in the South-East but it can collapse itself in the zone if it does not heed the peoples’ advice to entrench justice, fairness, and equity.

“The PDP should be bold to declare its stand on zoning of the presidency to the South-East and if it cannot, should tell us why we are not capable of holding such a position but will come for our votes during elections,” he said.

Umahi said that the decision to leave PDP was not about leadership but about patriotism, justice, fairness and the overall interest of the people.

Watch the full video below :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qipaK72mE54

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Combats Drug Traffickers With Civil War Guns, Has Only 8 Sniffer Dogs-rep / Gombe Governor Receives NYSC National Governing Board / Former Niger President Mamadou Tandja Dies Aged 82

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.