Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi (662 Views)

Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor / Ohanaeze Faction Tells Umahi To Step Up As Pillar Of Strength For Ndigbo / Defection: I Remain In APC – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by odiks: 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), says he is proud of Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, for defecting to the All Progressives Congress.

The president commended the defection of Umahi to APC, describing it “as a bold move driven purely by principle rather than opportunistic motives.”

This was contained in a press statement by Senior Special Assistant to the President, Garba Shehu, on Wednesday.

The statement was titled, ‘President Buhari praises Umahi’s defection, says it’s based on principle rather than coercion’.

It quoted Buhari as saying, “I am proud of Governor David Umahi for taking this bold decision in accordance with his conscience and principles rather than any external influence or coercion.

“Good governance is very important to us in the APC, and I’m glad that the governor has cited this as a major factor in his decision to join us. I urge our citizens to pay less emphasis on identity politics if we want our democracy to make a positive impact on our country.”

He noted that “with men like Umahi, I foresee a brighter future for our democracy because the voters will be more motivated by performance records of parties and their candidates.”

“Let me once again; commend the boldness of Governor Umahi for taking this courageous decision in a country where principles are in short supply among many. I know people might call him names, but that is the price men of principles have to pay for acting according to their conscience and convictions,” Buhari added.

https://punchng.com/defection-i-am-proud-of-you-buhari-tells-umahi/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by Ofemmanu1: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
Malu
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by ojikeebere12: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
Hia.... Is like Umahi is the anointed one Oooooo.
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by Shelumiel: 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
Umahi has finally decided to join those in the land of the dead. I wish him good luck sha.
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by OfficialAwol(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ofemmanu1:
Malu

And you are?

Please I'm proud of Umahi too.

Shebi Wike thinks he's an emperor and is not Igbo?

We will tell him no one messes with the Igbo.

We've survived worst emperors. Wike is an urchin.
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by kahal29: 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2020
ojikeebere12:
Hia.... Is like Umahi is the anointed one Oooooo.

I dey tell you... This is very strange

See Buhari that doesn't show interest in party matters now issuing press release and eulogising Umahi just because he joined APC
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by Kyase(m): 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2020
Umahi and Buhari, una never tell us una tell us the really join una ooo
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by Arrewa: 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2020
OK....

2 Likes

Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by RomanianNinja: 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Coming from a zombie dictator
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
Wow great.

grin grin grin grin

Shame on wailers and online warriors in Nairaland grin grin
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by kahal29: 10:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
Kyase:
Umahi and Buhari, una never tell us una tell us the really join una ooo

The thing get as e be oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by Kyase(m): 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
kahal29:

The thing get as e be oh

I dey tell you, we go know soon...
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by jlinkd78(m): 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
Following
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by limeta(f): 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
Buhari ve only one vote
If this is about 2023 we no gree

Chai fulani na wa for una.
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by Moferere: 4:34am On Nov 19, 2020
He's long expected
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by tobechi74: 4:46am On Nov 19, 2020
Our leaders are not honest
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by Moneywirer: 5:35am On Nov 19, 2020
This relationship is quite suspicious. What are you not telling us Umahi
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by ggood: 5:37am On Nov 19, 2020
Which Buhari may be na Jubril
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by okeyfrank: 8:02am On Nov 19, 2020
Why is GMB always speaking in reported speeches or through pre=recorded speeches?

He is currently the only 'president' in the whole world that cannot have a press conference and talk to his countrymen in live interviews.

I'm tired of hearing all these reported comments.

Don't know about you.
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by orisa37: 9:36am On Nov 19, 2020
WHO WOULD A SORE EATING FLY SUPPORT RATHER THAN LAZARUS?
Re: Defection: I Am Proud Of You, Buhari Tells Umahi by DennisEche(m): 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2020
SUDDENLY BUHARI THAT COULDNT ISSUE A STATEMENT AT THE PEAK OF THE END SARS IS NOW VERY SHARP ISSUING WELCOMING STATETEMNT TO UMAHI THAT JUST DEFECTED YESTERDAY, WE DE WATCH

(1) (Reply)

Wike And Biafra: The Northern Nigerians Are No Fools / Insecurity: Ban Armed Convoys For All Politicians,Except President And VP / BREAKING: Bandits Abduct Katsina Students In Fresh Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.