Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor (20919 Views)

Kalu, Wase, Jaji, Betara, Others Eye Gbajabiamila’s Seat As Race Kicks Off / Court Sacks Governor Umahi As Ebonyi South APC Senatorial Candidate / Ohanaeze Faction Tells Umahi To Step Up As Pillar Of Strength For Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by garfield1: 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike on Saturday charged embattled Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, to return the mandate he got on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Wike at the inauguration of the Eastern Bypass Road project in Port Harcourt, said it was unfortunate that instead of appealing judgment of the court which sacked him, Umahi made a reckless attack against the judge.

“Look at a governor making a reckless statement simply because a judge made a judgement according to his own opinion, which you are entitled to appeal up to Supreme Court.

“You have called somebody a thief in the market and you’re saying I’m sorry, It is late. That your sorry, we the members of the public, we don’t take it”, the Rivers governor stated.

Noting the Umahi case as the first time in Nigeria’s political history that the defection of a governor to another party was being contested in court, Wike said PDP’s resolve to challenge Umahi and other Ebonyi defectors elected on the party’s platform is a clear example of what is required to strengthen democracy.

He said, “If our party has done this earlier when people were leaving in the National Assembly, we won’t have had the problem we are having today.

“That is one of the problems of party leadership. People cannot come out and take the bull by the horns. So, Governor Umahi, be rest assured that PDP will continue this matter down to Supreme Court. We will continue with the matter.

“You carry the votes of another party and join another party. Can you transfer votes? You work hard for somebody to win election and tomorrow, the person says I have defected.

“If you have defected, leave the seat if you know it’s easy. And this will checkmate most of these political harlots who will never sit one place.

“This is the thing I am talking about impunity. I was watching when a deputy governor was ranting in the media, threatening the party that there is an alternative to PDP.

“This is the same deputy governor who knelt down to beg for us to give them umbrella. Today, he has the effrontery to threaten PDP.”

The governor lashed the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, for not honouring the agreement of contributing 50 per cent of the cost of the construction of the Eastern Bypass Road that leads to its corporate headquarters office in Port Harcourt.

Inauguration the road project, former Governor of Kogi State, Idris Ibrahim, as Special Guest noted with delight the untiring delivery of projects by Governor Wike virtually in all sectors in order to provide quality living to Rivers people.

According to him, such measure of service in public office is evidence of transparency and accountability because the people can see how public resources are deployed for the good of all residents.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/ebonyi-return-pdp-mandate-wike-tells-umahi/amp/

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by PrinceOfLagos: 12:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
Umahi should return to PDP and let this matter rest

Umahi has done so well for his people, he's one of the most hard working governor currently and I've always wished him well

I want him to complete his term so he could complete all the good works he has started for the good people of Ebonyi state

I stand with Umahi to finish his term and complete all the ongoing projects he has started in Ebonyi state

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by seunmsg(m): 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2022
Wike is nothing but a clown. Umahi is not the first governor to decamp and won’t be the last. He will remain in APC and complete his tenure without any problem.

The useless judgement that was given by PDP judge cannot stand any serious legal scrutiny. Appeal court will trash the judgement and the silly high court judge who seriously overreached himself will be punished in due course.

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Killerbag36: 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
Umahi is Political rascals.. sad

16 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Xscape1993(m): 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
Well said. Those who have good ears let they hear.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by poiZon: 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:
Wike is nothing but a clown. Umahi is not the first governor to decamp and won’t be the last. He will remain in APC and complete his tenure without any problem.

The useless judgement that was given by PDP judge cannot stand any serious legal scrutiny. Appeal court will trash the judgement and the silly high court judge who seriously overreached himself will be punished in due course.
Always writing bunkum...

See as wike dey arouse ur silly ego.

People defect, but its high time we put a lid to the gale of political prostitutes acting like mama aisha.

173 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by seunmsg(m): 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
poiZon:

Always writing bunkum...

See as wike dey arouse ur silly ego.

People defect, but its high time we put a lid to the gale of political prostitutes acting like mama aisha.

The right to freedom of association is a constitutional right that can’t be denied. All over the world, elected politicians defect for various reasons. Nigeria is not an exception.

Again, the Supreme Court already ruled on this matter in Atiku’s case. The president, vp, governors and deputy governors cannot lose their office for simply changing parties.

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by poiZon: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:

The right to freedom of association is a constitutional right that can’t be denied. All over the world, elected politicians defect for various reasons. Nigeria is not an exception.

Again, the Supreme Court already ruled on this matter in Atiku’s case. The president, vp, governors and deputy governors cannot lose their office for simply changing parties.
There is a clause to that effect.
U only defect if there is crisis at the national level of the party.

Umahi was elected under pdp, if he thinks he is so popular, resign ur post and contest election.

It's as simple as that.

This matter will not just benefit pdp if it comes to conclusion but the entire system.

Where in the world do people defect aimlessly like its been done in Nigeria?

Show me where even in africa.

Havent heard about defections in ghana or South Africa..
Jacob zuma even while being tried for corruption hasnt deem it neccessary to defect.

Thabo mbeki never defected, in kenya uhuru Kenyatta and his old rival raila odinga are still in the partt they got prominence..

In Nigeria people defect for no reason, the party now r fighting this, u r here talking rubbish.

127 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by garfield1: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2022
Kentursky my bros say something
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by garfield1: 1:41pm On Mar 13, 2022
poiZon:

Umahi was elected under pdp, if he thinks he is so popular, resign ur post and contest election.

It's as simple as that.

This matter will not just benefit pdp if it comes to conclusion but the entire system.

Jacob zuma even while being tried for corruption hasnt deem it neccessary to defect.

Thabo mbeki never defected, in kenya uhuru Kenyatta and his old rival raila odinga are still in the partt they got prominence..

In Nigeria people defect for no reason, the party now r fighting this, u r here talking rubbish.

For the last time,only lawmakers are forbidden from defection

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by garfield1: 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Umahi should return to PDP and let this matter rest

Umahi has done so well for his people, he's one of the most hard working governor currently and I've always wished him well

I want him to complete his term so he could complete all the good works he has started for the good people of Ebonyi state

I stand with Umahi to finish his term and complete all the ongoing projects he has started in Ebonyi state

He will remain in apc and give 40% to APc

7 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by HitbackIIback: 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
I can't join mouth for politicians quarrel oh they all have their kids future secured. They are living well using expensive phones. I vow never to support any politicians to the extent of insulting the other. I love them all

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by seunmsg(m): 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
poiZon:

It's as simple as that.

The clause is only applicable to lawmakers.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by haffaze777(m): 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
Vacate wetin?

156 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by chrisxxx(m): 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:
Wike is nothing but a clown. Umahi is not the first governor to decamp and won’t be the last. He will remain in APC and complete u tenure without any problem.

If u check very well your statement featured all the attributes of a clown.
It may be difficult for you to understand. You are the clown here. Mr A stole from me I didn't react should not be reason for Mr B to steal from. I can sue Mr B for stealing from me. B shouldn't say A stole from me and I did nothing.

22 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Wazobia2216: 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2022
I ain't taking this judgment seriously if it has not gotten to the supreme court!

In Nigeria, their abracadabra too much!

3 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by poiZon: 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2022
garfield1:

For the last time,only lawmakers are forbidden from defection
So what stops lawan or gbajabiamila from declaring their seats vacant?

Abi is it only when they defect from apc to pdp before lawan or gbaja will invoke the lwas on them?

In this case, let the law do the needful...

All i want is justice and an end to all these political rascality by our politicians.

If party A gives u platform to an exalted seat, stick with it. If u want to defect cos of ur personal ambition, resign and handover the mantle to the owner.
Thabo mbeki and zuma were all disciplined by their party, they didn't defect to another party to continue their stay in office.
We all want strong institutions and not strong people, how will we strengthen institutions and the political parties if we keep bending laws to suit our selfish reasons...

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2022
grin grin
Gov. Wike an accomplished lawyer has raised some very solid points here.

The very sound judgement by the erudite Justice of the FHC stands on both legal and moral ground and should be applauded by all genuine democrats

I am certain beyond any iota of doubt that both the Appeal Court and the Supreme Court will see the obvious wisdom in this landmark judgement to cleanse our political landscape of political prostitution and thus, not only uphold it, but give bark and bite to it.

This will prove to all and sundry that the judiciary is not just a co-equal arm of government, but is more importantly the sacred temple of justice and truth

God bless Gov Wike

God bless Justice Inyang Ekwo

God bless the Judiciary

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

God should do what he likes with zombies though

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Give example of an elected Republican defecting to Democrat or Conservative defecting to Labour in US or UK

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by seunmsg(m): 3:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Give example of an elected Republican defecting to Democrat or Conservative defecting to Labour in US or UK

Senators Alen Spectre and Joe Lieberman are still recent cases in the US.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by LegendHero(m): 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
Lol.

I trust Umahi, the man himself na hardcore on his own. His people will kuku throw him under the bus because he’s in APC and coz of their fear of Wike coz that man treat everyone in PDP like his child.

A million Wike cannot remove Umahi and I’m sure they will trash the nonsense judgement in the upper court.

156 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by garfield1: 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
grin grin
Gov. Wike an accomplished lawyer has raised some very solid points here.

The very sound judgement by the erudite Justice of the FHC stands on both legal and moral ground and should be applauded by all genuine democrats

I am certain beyond any iota of doubt that both the Appeal Court and the Supreme Court will see the obvious wisdom in this landmark judgement to cleanse our political landscape of political prostitution and thus, not only uphold it, but give bark and bite to it.

This will prove to all and sundry that the judiciary is not just a co-equal arm of government, but is more importantly the sacred temple of justice and truth

God bless Gov Wike

God bless Justice Inyang Ekwo

God bless the Judiciary

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

God should do what he likes with zombies though

Section 68 and 109 will be the judge

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Austino50: 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
Wicked Wike the senior thug talking with the influence of kwale ganja. when he lost his case in the tribunal back then, did he vacate the office, did he not pursued his case to the appeal and supreme court, now he is here talking nonsense

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
garfield1:

Section 68 and 109 will be the judge

Yes. And the erudite judgement of the respected jurist
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by garfield1: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Yes. And the erudite judgement of the respected jurist

Unfortunately, the judgment cannot pvrrtide the constitution

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Wike, the dirty judgement from your dirty judge will fail you this time around, because the judgement does not have the latest constitutional back up. Do you know the judgement that gave your brother Amechi victory is outdated in Nigeria judgement.so go and rest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Senators Alen Spectre and Joe Lieberman are still recent cases in the US.

Oga take it easy o
Who is Alen Spectre?
Joe Lieberman the running mate of Al Gore defected from where to where again? Chai!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
garfield1:

Unfortunately, the judgment cannot pvrrtide the constitution
The judgement clearly interprets the Constitution as it was intended and expected by the writers

It is a classical case of a progressive judgment well grounded in the concepts of idealism and purposivism

It will be a reference for future progressive adventurism in our jurisprudence

The Hon. Justice Ekwo just wrote his name in gold with this bold move

4 Likes

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by seunmsg(m): 3:43pm On Mar 13, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Oga take it easy o
Who is Alen Spectre?
Joe Lieberman the running mate of Al Gore defected from where to where again? Chai!!

Oga, I can’t be spoon feeding you. I’ve given you two names of US senators that defected from their original party to contest on the platform of another party. Do your own research and stop asking unnecessary questions.

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Oga, I can’t be spoon feeding you. I’ve given you two names of US senators that defected from their original party to contest on the platform of another party. Do your own research and stop asking unnecessary questions.
And I am telling you that you are lying.
Bring proof that Alen Spectre exists. I've googled it and what came up is a song.
Lieberman never crossed from Democrat to Republican. He simply ran as an Independent Democrat and caucused with the Democrats in the Senate.

19 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Orders Discos To Meter High Consumers Before Nov 30 / Reno Omokri Blasts El-Rufai Over Memo To President Buhari / Obi-Datti Campaign Rally Holds In Lagos Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.