Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection (485 Views)

Shekarau Will Decide On Defection This Week –spokesperson / Ohanaeze Backs Umahi On Defection, Says PDP Has Been Unkind To Ndigbo / Governor Umahi On Queue During LGA Election In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by NewsMuncher: 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated the Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, for defecting to the All Progressives Congress (APC). The President expressed his excitement in a statement released on Wednesday (18/11) describing the defector’s move as bold and principle driven.

In a statement signed by the presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, the President said:

“I am proud of Governor David Umahi for taking this bold decision in accordance with his conscience and principles rather than any external influence or coercion,” the aide quoted Mr Buhari.

“Good governance is very important to us in the APC, and I’m glad that the governor has cited this as a major factor in his decision to join us. I urge our citizens to pay less emphasis on identity politics if we want our democracy to make a positive impact on our country,” Mr Buhari added.

He noted that “with men like Umahi, I foresee a brighter future for our democracy because the voters will be more motivated by performance records of parties and their candidates.”

“Let me once again; commend the boldness of Governor Umahi for taking this courageous decision in a country where principles are in short supply among many. I know people might call him names, but that is the price men of principles have to pay for acting according to their conscience and convictions” President Buhari added.

https://newswatch24tv.com/2020/11/18/i-am-proud-of-you-buhari-hails-umahi-on-defection/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by peacekante: 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
Baba picking don come home at last

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by Golan007: 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
Watch how those who used to praise Umahi for 6 consecutive years begin to bash and impugn his character.

They are like that.
Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by Baawaa(m): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
Another thief in the camp
Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by Orubebe01: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
Am a PDP member but if Wike comes out as vice president under PDP and umahi as president under APC, I will without looking back vote for umahi of APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by chidieberesk3(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
Politics is all about strategies and tactics, Engr. David Umahi has an ulterior motive towards his defection......................
Fear Politicians
Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by Mysticwebb: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2020
Golan007:
Watch how those who used to praise Umahi for 6 consecutive years begin to bash and impugn his character.

They are like that.
Because they praised him before means everything he does, they must praise him whether you like his actions or not.
Sorry that is zombie pattern of life not for normal human beings.
Even Umahi you are talking about once vowed never to join APC in this life even if reason arise to leave PDP.
Today, where is he?
But you still want his former supporters to sing on his praise.
Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by Golan007: 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
Mysticwebb:

Because they praised him before means everything he does, they must praise him whether you like his actions or not.
Sorry that is zombie pattern of life not for normal human beings.
Even Umahi you are talking about once vowed never to join APC in this life even if reason arise to leave PDP.
Today, where is he?
But you still want his former supporters to sing on his praise.

What are they insulting him for?

Has he suddenly stopped being effective?

Or switching to another party makes him a leper?
Evil people .
Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by caski: 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
God go see una
Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by chiiraq802(m): 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2020
Orubebe01:
Am a PDP member but if Wike comes out as vice president under PDP and umahi as president under APC, I will without looking back vote for umahi of APC

Wetin Wike do una people self

na only Ibo people no wan use eye see Wike....asif there politicians is any better....

Tinubu matter don tire una, now na wike una wan face...

Do you people even think other tribes in Nigeria wants Igbo Presidency Make una think twice.
Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by JAMO84: 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
South east has been a 24 years PDP slave

Umahi is tired of being a PDP slave

He told everyone of his people to stop being a slave

Everyone of them would rather continue being a slave

The governor is done being a slave

I AM DONE TALKING to slaves
Re: I Am Proud Of You- Buhari Hails Umahi On Defection by Mynd44: 2:59am On Nov 19, 2020

(1)

Gbajabiamila’s Security Aide Allegedly Shoots Newspapers Vendor / Obasanjo, Gani Adams Meets, Reconcile 15-year Rift. / An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.