Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now (1707 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid / Ooni Of Ife’s Ex-Wife Zaynab, Forgives Him, Congratulates Him & His New Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by Dailyhappenings: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ooni of Ife can’t see his son unless after three months, however, his sisters and other family members of the Ooni have gone too see the newly born prince, reports say.

Information gathered revealed that Obas in Yoruba land are forbidden from seeing new born babies due to certain myths about their hair, however, they are permitted to see the mothers of their babies or other new mothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6-m8F_tsac

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by abbeyie007(m): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
Dat's culture 4 u
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by Seerade029: 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
Yeah, that's culture.

But I don't think it's all the Obas as claimed in the post
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
Well I respect everyone culture but Africans really need to upgrade their cultures. Culture should be dynamic.

Most importantly irrelevant cultures should be scrapped or changed. For instance the culture of people forbidden from seeing masqurades in the night.
And so much more.

Why wouldn't he see his new born baby for some days? Because he is the Oni. What exactly is the explanation behind it?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by parkervero(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2020
3 months will soon be and everything will be already.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by Seerade029: 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Well I respect everyone culture but Africans really need to upgrade their cultures. Culture should be dynamic.

Most importantly irrelevant cultures should be scrapped or changed. For instance the culture of people forbidden from seeing masqurades in the night.
And so much more.

Why wouldn't he see his new born baby for some days? Because he is the Oni. What exactly is the explanation behind it?

He knows the laws, rules and customs before he ascended the throne.
Before he married his wife (prophetess), she knows the customs and laws of being an Ooni wife.

Tho i agree some laws needs to be scrapped and thank God the abobaku thing have been scrapped earlier.
Masquerades too has been scrapped in most places.

even Oro has been scrapped tho we still have people doing that Oro of a thing but its now modernized ,they ain't using human as sacrifices.

Then, what remains to be scrapped is that belief that "spirits brings money", thereby making youths using fellow humans for rituals.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by dawnomike(m): 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2020
Seerade029:

He knows the laws, rules and customs before he ascended the throne.
Before he married his wife (prophetess), she knows the customs and laws of being an Ooni wife.

Tho i agree some laws needs to be scrapped and thank God the abobaku thing have been scrapped earlier.
Masquerades too has been scrapped in most places.

even Oro has been scrapped tho we still have people doing that Oro of a thing but its now modernized ,they ain't using human as sacrifices.

Then, what remains to be scrapped is that belief that "spirits brings money", thereby making youths using fellow humans for rituals.
I like your school of thoughts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by DennisEche(m): 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2020
MONTHS NO LONG NA WHAT OF THE BENIN OBA WEY NO DE SEE CROWN PRINCE

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by Dailyhappenings: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
dawnomike:
I like your school of thoughts

Exactly...I do too
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by JAMO84: 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
If I am a Prince, Oracle will not make the mistake of choosing me to be king, otherwise, tradition is in serious trouble.

I AM DONE TALKING

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by gregyboy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
They want to blike the benin tradition

Yoruba are altering their traditions to fit the benin tradition everyday

Lol

A tradition benin had let go off is what the ooni wants to institute

The benin tradition was put in place to protect the king from being killed by over zealous prince
Who would poison the oba or kill him to quickly ascend the throne

In modern age nothing like that could happen again, but yorubas not knowing this wants to adopt it foolishly all in a bid to be like benin culture

We are here in the nearest future their children would be using it to show similarities between ife andbenin and even claim origin to it

Etinosa1234
Samuk
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Afam4eva
Ruggedsniper
Sewgon79
Segundo
TAO11
TAO12

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by valirex: 5:06pm On Nov 20, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol

The benin tradition was put in place to protect the king from being killed by over zealous prince

In modern age nothing like that could happen again, but yorubas not knowing this wants to adopt it foolishly all in a bid to be like benin culture

We are here in the nearest future their children would be using it to show similarities between ife andbenin and even claim origin to it

Etinosa1234
Samuk
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Afam4eva
Ruggedsniper
Sewgon79
Segundo
TAO11
TAO12

Lol you notice am too grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by AreaFada2: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2020
valirex:

Etinosa1234
Valirex
Ghostwon

Lol you notice am too grin
Guys, make una nor just worry una sef. The many publications I saw like 15 to 20 years ago in academic journals, about Benin Empire and Yoruba states, I regret not saving them. I never knew such arguments like these would ever come up. When I had cause to do work on ethics, philosophy and religion. I really explored humanities publications from across the world. Because ordinarily I would be busy with scientific publications.
The new Royal Museum (Edo Museum of West African Art/EMOWA) in Benin, in conjunction with British Museum in pipeline will bring many historical discussions over time.

https://blog.britishmuseum.org/major-new-archaeology-project-on-site-of-new-museum-in-benin/#:~:text=The%20new%20archaeological%20project%20is,the%20world%20of%20Benin%20Bronzes.

It's also on BBC webpage.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by gregyboy(m): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
AreaFada2:

Guys, make una nor just worry una sef. The many publications I saw like 15 to 20 years ago in academic journals, about Benin Empire and Yoruba states, I regret not saving them. I never knew such arguments like these would ever come up. When I had cause to do work on ethics, philosophy and religion. I really explored humanities publications from across the world. Because ordinarily I would be busy with scientific publications.
The new Royal Museum (Edo Museum of West African Art/EMOWA) in Benin, in conjunction with British Museum in pipeline will bring many historical discussions over time.

https://blog.britishmuseum.org/major-new-archaeology-project-on-site-of-new-museum-in-benin/#:~:text=The%20new%20archaeological%20project%20is,the%20world%20of%20Benin%20Bronzes.

It's also on BBC webpage.

So they are returning the Benin artwork

When Nigeria still be like this I laugh
Make dem rest
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by AreaFada2: 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
gregyboy:

So they are returning the Benin artwork

When Nigeria still be like this I laugh
Make dem rest
Well let's see what will happen. Things can develop at a fast pace. You saw what barely a week of endsars protest did. 9ja has very weak institutions and it will only take the police and army joining the masses and oppressors will start abandoning their ill-gotten mansions and flee abroad.

I won't bet on 9ja surviving intact as things are going.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by Sewgon79(m): 9:45am On Nov 21, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol

Etinosa1234
Samuk
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Afam4eva
Ruggedsniper
Sewgon79
Segundo
TAO11
TAO12

Stop speaking gilbrish. I have known this as tradition long time ago when I was young before I even know that there is town or village call Benin in Edo.

Mind you before you start tagging, I will love you to know that I am from a Royal family from Ijebu Ilese and my father was supposed to be the king then, due to his religion beliefs. He reject it and allow his cousin to be king. Till my father died, the king still respect my father.

That is how I know few things about kings in Yoruba and their traditions. In Yorùbá land, if a genuine king and powerful kings like that of Ancestral King, like that of Ooni of Ife. If you are a woman and you are on menstrual period and move close to you or touches you. That woman can never gave birth to child again. Also if the king like that of Ooni of ife sees new baby hair, I mean the hair that the baby was born with. That will surely died before seven days. And also if the mother of the new born baby if she is still seeing blood and she came cross with kings like Ooni. There is spiritual and traditional repercussions.

So don't feel important, the baálé of Lagoon (Lagos) can copy from you Benin. But you Benin are learning when it come to cradle of civilization, Ile ife (Ifè Odaye).

But Benin borrowed all their traditions from Ile Ife. That is what makes you different from the rest Edo monarch and you look similar to Yoruba monarch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by Etinosa1234: 11:18am On Nov 21, 2020
Sewgon79:

Stop speaking gilbrish. I have known this as tradition long time ago when I was young before I even know that there is town or village call Benin in Edo.

Mind you before you start tagging, I will love you to know that I am from a Royal family from Ijebu Ilese and my father was supposed to be the king then, due to his religion beliefs. He reject it and allow his cousin to be king. Till my father died, the king still respect my father.

That is how I know few things about kings in Yoruba and their traditions. In Yorùbá land, if a genuine king and powerful kings like that of Ancestral King, like that of Ooni of Ife. If you are a woman and you are on menstrual period and move close to you or touches you. That woman can never gave birth to child again. Also if the king like that of Ooni of ife sees new baby hair, I mean the hair that the baby was born with. That will surely died before seven days. And also if the mother of the new born baby if she is still seeing blood and she came cross with kings like Ooni. There is spiritual and traditional repercussions.

So don't feel important, the baálé of Lagoon (Lagos) can copy from you Benin. But you Benin are learning when it come to cradle of civilization, Ile ife (Ifè Odaye).

[s]But Benin borrowed all their traditions from Ile Ife. That is what makes you different from the rest Edo monarch and you look similar to Yoruba monarch. [/s]
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by gregyboy(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
Sewgon79:

But Benin borrowed all their traditions from Ile Ife. That is what makes you different from the rest Edo monarch and you look similar to Yoruba monarch.

Benin and ile ife in the same sentence how do they have connections, if so, show me a European document of it

I can show you Europeans documents of benin-jebu, benin-eko, benin itsekiri

But am yet to see benin-ife

Stop believing im every super story they tell you

Now the nonsense you narrated there only applies to jebu and not all jebu people so stop generising bro

The intial topic read ooni ife would begin to stop seeing his so

I know you read English, so dont read in yoruba this time,

I must defend yoruba against another tribe mtcheew

All the way from ijebu you know wetin dey happen for ife, no wonder yoruba history get kleg
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by Sewgon79(m): 11:54am On Nov 24, 2020
gregyboy:

Benin and ile ife in the same sentence how do they have connections, if so, show me a European document of it

I can show you Europeans documents of benin-jebu, benin-eko, benin itsekiri

But am yet to see benin-ife

Stop believing im every super story they tell you

Now the nonsense you narrated there only applies to jebu and not all jebu people so stop generising bro

The intial topic read ooni ife would begin to stop seeing his so

I know you read English, so dont read in yoruba this time,

I must defend yoruba against another tribe mtcheew

All the way from ijebu you know wetin dey happen for ife, no wonder yoruba history get kleg

Tell me another lies, cuz I am tired of all your fabricated story. I guess you want to tell another tales by the moon light of How Benin conquered Ìjèbu. Because there is no history of any Niggadom that any black empire or kingdom wage war and conquered Ìjèbu. Even in those days when Oyo and Ibadan was very large. They try so many times, but never move close. Because Ìjèbu in history of Yoruba are warriors and they are for hired to fight wars on behalf of Ọ̀yọ́ empire. Even to the extent Portuguese and Britain use services of Balogun Kuku of Ìjèbuland in 1500 - 1600.

Check your story, even British comes and were conquer and they have to go and recruit more soldiers from Hausa local and Ashanti local soldiers to fight Ìjèbu. It is called IMAGBON WAR.

Google and you will see what happens, they have to agree on Ìjèbu leaving Epe for the colony. That is reason we don't have colonialism rail services and tired road during colonialism Era.

Ìjèbuland don't even come close.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by Edeyoung: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
Sewgon79:

Tell me another lies, cuz I am tired of all your fabricated story. I guess you want to tell another tales by the moon light of How Benin conquered Ìjèbu. Because there is no history of any Niggadom that any black empire or kingdom wage war and conquered Ìjèbu. Even in those days when Oyo and Ibadan was very large. They try so many times, but never move close. Because Ìjèbu in history of Yoruba are warriors and they are for hired to fight wars on behalf of Ọ̀yọ́ empire. Even to the extent Portuguese and Britain use services of Balogun Kuku of Ìjèbuland in 1500 - 1600.

Check your story, even British comes and were conquer and they have to go and recruit more soldiers from Hausa local and Ashanti local soldiers to fight Ìjèbu. It is called IMAGBON WAR.

Google and you will see what happens, they have to agree on Ìjèbu leaving Epe for the colony. That is reason we don't have colonialism rail services and tired road during colonialism Era.

Ìjèbuland don't even come close.

Check this out

Gregyboy

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by JohnSin97: 4:53am On Nov 28, 2020
It's clear that there's a campaign of falsehood and aims to twist Yoruba history to suit certain individuals narratives.... because how will someone who claims to be culturally superior come to a thread and start spamming it with lies and falsehood.... Who the fvck is the stupid motherfvckin bare chested oba of benin with a stupid clay earthed empire that's less than two states.... Togolise, people from Benin republic, Brazilians and cubians all come to pay respect to the Onni of Ife, who the fvck are the bini's compared to the 200million strong Yoruba's both indeginous and diaspora, what's even the Bini language compared to the Yoruba language which is about to go official in Brazil and is a lingua franca on the streets of peckham, and second language of music in Africa... Even my mum who is Eshan from Edo state knows the history of the bini's and their origins and who laugh at the falsehood being spread on this site.... Either you're hiding behind a monika claiming to be Bini or you're actually Bini...one thing is clear, you cannot and will not be successful in twisting history to suit your narratives....... I advice the idiots doing this to channel their energy into teaching their kids their mother language as alot of bini's can't even speak their mother language but are even more fluent in speaking Yoruba, even more than some Yoruba borns.... The bini's are a great people who built an empire, and should not fall for the pull down him down mentality of the flathe@ds to the east. It will only end in bitterness and tears like it always does.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by gregyboy(m): 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2020
JohnSin97:
It's clear that there's a campaign of falsehood and aims to twist Yoruba history to suit certain individuals narratives.... because how will someone who claims to be culturally superior come to a thread and start spamming it with lies and falsehood.... Who the fvck is the stupid motherfvckin bare chested oba of benin with a stupid clay earthed empire that's less than two states.... Togolise, people from Benin republic, Brazilians and cubians all come to pay respect to the Onni of Ife, who the fvck are the bini's compared to the 200million strong Yoruba's both indeginous and diaspora, what's even the Bini language compared to the Yoruba language which is about to go official in Brazil and is a lingua franca on the streets of peckham, and second language of music in Africa... Even my mum who is Eshan from Edo state knows the history of the bini's and their origins and who laugh at the falsehood being spread on this site.... Either you're hiding behind a monika claiming to be Bini or you're actually Bini...one thing is clear, you cannot and will not be successful in twisting history to suit your narratives....... I advice the idiots doing this to channel their energy into teaching their kids their mother language as alot of bini's can't even speak their mother language but are even more fluent in speaking Yoruba, even more than some Yoruba borns.... The bini's are a great people who built an empire, and should not fall for the pull down him down mentality of the flathe@ds to the east. It will only end in bitterness and tears like it always does.

All i saw was tears nothing more
Ranting on tears

Are you believing benin ife had a relationship lol
The problem is they speak thier languages more than they know thier culture

TAO11 is yet to te you that benin-ife was a lie

Anyway the yorubas started having the title oba to their already indigenous title to elevate their stool international wise
Some ooni was seen holding the benin staffs ada and eben

They want to copy benin its fine but claiming it as thiers becomes the problem

If only yorubas took the time they use in teaching thier selfs their language and use that same time to teach thier children their original history before the Oduduwa political canopy was formed it would have save we benins from defending yorubas lies on our history
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by JohnSin97: 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2020
gregyboy:

All i saw was tears nothing more
Ranting on tears

Are you believing benin ife had a relationship lol
The problem is they speak thier languages more than they know thier culture

TAO11 is yet to te you that benin-ife was a lie

Anyway the yorubas started having the title oba to their already indigenous title to elevate their stool international wise
Some ooni was seen holding the benin staffs ada and eben

They want to copy benin its fine but claiming it as thiers becomes the problem

If only yorubas took the time they use in teaching thier selfs their language and use that same time to teach thier children their original history before the Oduduwa political canopy was formed it would have save we benins from defending yorubas lies on our history

My mum is Eshan, my grandma is bini from Edo, which makes me part Edo, I understand the history.....and all your claims are BS.. stop spreading falsehood
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by TAO11(f): 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2020
JohnSin97:
My mum is Eshan, my grandma is bini from Edo, which makes me part Edo, I understand the history.....and all your claims are BS.. stop spreading falsehood
Thank you for your honesty! God bless you.

I wish these Bini liars would be even half homes as you. The world would have been a better place.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by gregyboy(m): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
JohnSin97:

Only you benin, esan, igbo, yoruba welldone
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by gregyboy(m): 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2020
JohnSin97:

why would ooni not borrow title oba if it could borrow
The benin ceremonial sword

Forget your mom is urhobo, you're yoruba your mother blood is useless on you

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by JohnSin97: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2020
gregyboy:

why would ooni not borrow title oba if it could borrow
The benin ceremonial sword

Forget your mom is urhobo, you're yoruba your mother blood is useless on you

So for example the current crowns of urhobo kings that looks like that of the British crown means that the British originated from urhobos right..... You're a drunken proverty cursed denigrate. Eshan isn't urhobos btw.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by TAO11(f): 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2020
JohnSin97:
So for example the current crowns of urhobo kings that looks like that of the British crown means that the British originated from urhobos right..... You're a drunken proverty cursed denigrate. Eshan isn't urhobos btw.
Thank you for refuting him. His mission is to spread lies all over Nairaland.

You can read more at my comment found here for details on this specific subject.

https://www.nairaland.com/6013716/why-does-ooni-ife-make#93935979

See also attached (as highlighted) @JohnSin97

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by gregyboy(m): 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
JohnSin97:

Even if your mom is ijaw that doesn't remove d yoruba coward blood in you bro

Urhobo crown is edo origin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Forbidden From Seeing His New Born Prince Now by gregyboy(m): 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
TAO11:
Thank you for refuting him. His mission is to spread lies all over Nairaland.

You can read more at my comment found here for details on this specific subject.

https://www.nairaland.com/6013716/why-does-ooni-ife-make#93935979

This is the website he got such nonsense from

There is nothing

Ovbi n uhe odua in oba praise name....

Dont let her decive you

Check an edo website to comfam

That website is a yoruba website disgusing as igbo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Witness: Street Life In Lagos – A Film By Joe Loncraine [video] / Igbos Are Finally Uniting, Anioma May Be The Next Igbo State. / Coonest People/nationalities On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.