Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London (3777 Views)

14-Year-Old Lucy Ejeh Kidnapped In Zamfara, Converted To Islam / Photo Of The Nigerian Undergraduate Jailed For 24yrs For N25m Internet Scam / British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Sunofgod(m): 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2011
Pastor jailed for trafficking African child 'slaves'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12789690

church pastor has been jailed for 11 and a half years after being found guilty of trafficking children into the UK for use as domestic "slaves" at her home in Barking, east London.

Lucy Adeniji brought two children and a 21-year-old woman to the UK from Africa illegally and used them as servants.

She was convicted of 17 different counts at Isleworth Crown Court.

The mother-of-five is the first person to be jailed for trafficking children into the UK for domestic servitude.

In a case that has been likened to modern-day slavery, Adeniji smuggled the three victims into Britain on false passports, and used them as servants at her home in Ray Gardens, Barking.

An illegal immigrant herself, Adeniji, 44 - originally from Nigeria - had told the victims' parents they would have a better life in the UK, but instead viciously beat them if they failed to please her.

Benefits inquiry

The abuse only came to light when one of the victims escaped from Adeniji's home after being beaten.

Adeniji was convicted last month of assault, child cruelty and facilitating illegal entry into the UK of a child.

She also admitted six counts of obtaining false passports for herself and her own children and two counts of facilitating illegal entry.

Adeniji faces a separate investigation into money she claimed in benefits for her own children.

Det Insp Gordon Valentine, of the Metropolitan Police's Operation Paladin - which targets child trafficking - said the case could be the tip of the iceberg.

"The people who are using this form of slavery in their households know it is wrong," he said.

"This case is very important because it shows victims that we can have successful prosecutions and that they can find justice."

The case has echoes of the maltreatment of Victoria Climbié who died at the hands of her guardian, Marie Therese Kouao. She and her boyfriend Carl Manning were found guilty of Victoria's murder in 2003
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Sunofgod(m): 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2011
A Hardened Criminal to say the least,

lipsrsealed
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by AndreUweh(m): 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2011
She deserves to die in jail.
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Sunofgod(m): 8:25pm On Mar 18, 2011
That's a bit harsh - But she should have been made to do 'hard labour' like they impose in the US.

An eye for an eye?
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by AndreUweh(m): 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
Sun of god:

That's a bit harsh - But she should have been made to do 'hard labour' like they impose in the US.

An eye for an eye?
She is one of the crminal minds disgracing Nigerians in The U.K. Death.
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
lord have mercy.
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Sunofgod(m): 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2011
The UK no longer has the death penalty - Plus would you be happy with them executing a fellow Nigerian?

I still reckon she should be 'worked' the same way she worked those poor children.
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2011
yep, let her get a taste of her own medicine in some third world country jail. . . . . . . . . UK jail are too good for that evil woman!
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by AndreUweh(m): 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

yep, let her get a taste of her own medicine in some third world country jail. . . . . . . . . UK jail are too good for that evil woman!

You mean Gashua.
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by AndreUweh(m): 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

You mean Gashua.
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by mamagee3(f): 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2011
Sun of god:

A Hardened Criminal to say the least,

lipsrsealed
Africans all the time.
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by ekubear1: 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2011
Very evil woman undecided

Slavery, in this day and age?
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by bkbabe97y(m): 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2011
Sun of god:

An eye for an eye?

Hard Labor? In the United States? Which United States? The one in ur head?
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2011
and she was a ¨pastor¨, ROTFLMAO!!!!
nonsense criminal who wake up one morning and claim to be holier than thou! let her preach for her fellow inmates!
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Rhino5dm: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
@ All.

You should be mindful of what you say against men/women of God.

"touch not my annointed and do my prophate no harm"

Be warned!!!
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by snowdrops(m): 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2011
I am sure the woman brought these people in to help with her domestic needs as she has 5 children. Househelps is common practice in Nigeria. So people don't act whiter than the white man.

The allegation of slave trading is definitely OTT and 11 years jail term is way too harsh. She unfortunately is being made example of by a PC society.

1 Like

Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2011
^^^^yeah and the beating was just part of the chores, right?!
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by oboidanre(f): 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
cry
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

@ All.

Be warned!!!

men/women of god MY FOOT.
let this biatch ROT IN HELL, yes i said it!!!!!
she lost her women of god membership card when she started doing stuff that are against the teaching of god.
NONSENSE!!!
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by snowdrops(m): 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^yeah and the beating was just part of the chores, right?!
and you monitored the beating with the CCTV you placed in their house abi?
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Rhino5dm: 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
Blasphemy!
Be carefull of the wrath of the lord and repent.
May God forgive you.

MRbrownJAY:

men/women of god MY FOOT.
let this biatch ROT IN HELL, yes i said it!!!!!
she lost her women of god membership card when she started doing stuff that are against the teaching of god.
NONSENSE!!!
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by jensinmi(m): 11:26pm On Mar 18, 2011
snowdrops:

I am sure the woman brought these people in to help with her domestic needs as she has 5 children. Househelps is common practice in Nigeria. So people don't act whiter than the white man.
The allegation of slave trading is definitely OTT and 11 years jail term is way too harsh. She unfortunately is being made example of by a PC society.

I don't believe this poster above. 11 years is Over the Top
Let's forget the domestic abuse sef.

- Conspiracy to smuggle a child into a country??
- Fraudulently acquiring up to 6 passports??

And all of this by an illegal immigrant. By someone who was supposed to be keeping a low profile and managing her daily bread??

She is lucky she didn't get 30 years in prison.
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Blasphemy!
Be carefull of the wrath of the lord and repent.
May God forgive you.

oh be quiet if you aint got nothing to say!!!
FUKC THIS BIATCH, and all her other criminal companions that use the cloth to do criminal acts,(yeah i see you pedo priests)

not only was she smuggling people but also using fake documents and TO TOP IT ALL OFF, beating these poor kids slaves
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by chic2pimp(m): 2:20am On Mar 19, 2011
1 Chronicles 16:22 reads "Touch Not My Anointed. Do My Prophets No Harm" cool
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Ibime(m): 2:46am On Mar 19, 2011
This reminds me of one girl my sister helped to escape her slave masters here in UK who had brought her over to work for nothing. Poor girl could not even speak English after 5 years in UK. Funny thing is that her captors were successful and well educated Nigerians. Some people are either evil, or they believe that not all people are equal.
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by snowdrops(m): 9:01am On Mar 19, 2011
jensinmi:

I don't believe this poster above. 11 years is Over the Top
Let's forget the domestic abuse sef.

- Conspiracy to smuggle a child into a country??
- Fraudulently acquiring up to 6 passports??

And all of this by an illegal immigrant. By someone who was supposed to be keeping a low profile and managing her daily bread??

She is lucky she didn't get 30 years in prison.
is being a househelp is now slavery then at least half of nigerians need to be in jail as we speak including yourself because i am sure at some point in your life either you or members of your family have used this service.

If she is an illegal immigrant deport her; i hardly blame anyone for escaping from the so called third world to earn a living in advanced countries. After all these same hypocritic western countries have plummetted Africa's wealth over centuries. People cross borders largely for economic reasons.

No body knows here the nature of the so called abuse. Some parents lose their temper and smack their children; that's not malicious in any way. The truth of the matter is people here are so quick to jump on the bandwagon of the moral high ground when you all are as if not more guilty. He who is without sin cast the first stone.

1 Like

Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 19, 2011
@rhino 5
@chic2pimp

Matthew 7:15
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Romans 16:17-18
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Matthew 7:16
You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by ikeyman00(m): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2011
@ All.

Be warned!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2011
@snowdrop
Are you claiming that since she was a "pastor"(to be confirmed) she had the right to break UK laws. Who cares what is ok to do in a lawless country such as Nigeria? She was in the UK and therefore must abide by the laws of that country.
What's next? Adult men openly marry 13yr old children in 9ja so they should be allowed to do the same in the UK?!
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Katsumoto: 11:28am On Mar 19, 2011
snowdrops:

is being a househelp is now slavery then at least half of nigerians need to be in jail as we speak including yourself because i am sure at some point in your life either you or members of your family have used this service.

If she is an illegal immigrant deport her; i hardly blame anyone for escaping from the so called third world to earn a living in advanced countries. After all these same hypocritic western countries have plummetted Africa's wealth over centuries. People cross borders largely for economic reasons.

No body knows here the nature of the so called abuse. Some parents lose their temper and smack their children; that's not malicious in any way. The truth of the matter is people here are so quick to jump on the bandwagon of the moral high ground when you all are as if not more guilty. He who is without sin cast the first stone.

Having househelps is not the issue; it is how you treat them that is the issue. For instance some Africans will not pay for the service and keep the househelps in inhumane conditions while some other Africans will pay for the service, treat the househelps as members of their family, and even go as far as providing some vocational training which prepares them for work later in life. Don't lump everyone together.

It appears that you are absolving this lady of some serious crimes and not just against the 'slaves' she transported to the UK but also against the state. She committed several crimes and thanfully, the law caught up with her.

As for the argument about being or not being a woman of God, only God knows his appointed agents. If there is some kind of requirement to be a messenger of the law (judge, police, etc), perhaps God has some requirements himself before annointing anyone as his agent. It is left to God judge is agents (both appointed and self-appointed) but as not everyone believes in God, there are laws which must be obeyed by all regardless of beliefs. If you are persecuted for doing God's work, then he will compensate you. But if you are persecuted for breaking the law (which isn't God's law), you are on your own.

Everytime a 'man of God' commits a crime, you will find those who repeat with the slogan 'touch not my annointed'. Should the annointed be ignored when they treat others as slaves? Should they be ignored when they violate innocent kids?
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by ifyalways(f): 11:37am On Mar 19, 2011
MBJ quoting the scriptures  shocked  shocked  shocked  . . . LOL
Re: Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 19, 2011
Well its the only way to help some of these blind, over religious people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fraudulent UBER/TAXIFY Drivers And Partners. / Breaking:uganda Pastor Arrested For Preaching Naked In Front Of His Church Membe / Motor Park Touts Molest A Girl, Tears Her P@nt For Wearing A Short Dress (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.