Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC (24553 Views)

Peter Obi, Datti Ahmed & LP Officials Land In Benue In An "Obidient" Aircraft / Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva / Oil Discovered In Lagos Water Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by toboy: 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:
Nsukka in enugu and Ebonyi all have comercial oil and gas that Nigeria have refused to develop for reasons best known to them

The first place oil was discovered n mined in Nigeria is in the present day ebonyi .... But no p Sha
where exactly in Nsukka do you find oil?
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by anago40: 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
moneyshop:
Even though I don't study petroleum Engineer, I one time read that crude oil is passing over.

Our government should stop dependable on oil products, solar energy is taking over oil.

Probably, I have experience little here, I'm actually a First classes graduation of English Languwage, so I may not known so much about oil

I am right probably
Truly and indeed , you are a first class graduate of English languwage
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2020
NNPC is likely the biggest, the most inexcusable, the worst drain on the Nigerian treasury, even more than the much excoriated petrol subsidy regime...

Yet it has been deliberately kept alive as a source of patronage for the Hausa-Fulani elite

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by israelmao(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Crude oil is not helping Nigeria,let's look elsewhere.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Dedetwo(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Switindimidu:
Benue the new oil venue

I had say battleground instead. Some goons would even theorize small part of Idoma is now part of Kogi State and greater O or B Kingdom. Even few Idoma people migrated from Bini or Igala.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by privaldo: 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:
Nsukka in enugu and Ebonyi all have comercial oil and gas that Nigeria have refused to develop for reasons best known to them

The first place oil was discovered n mined in Nigeria is in the present day ebonyi .... But no p Sha

You meant to say Oloibiri, Bayelsa State.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by JONSYN7154: 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Biafrannuke:
Idoma will soon change to "Benue trough" the way some parts of Igboland and Ijawland changed to "Niger Delta"
you sure?
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by 2sexycom(m): 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

we don't need them to touch it. Leave it like that. Oil under the current system is a curse

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by lukui: 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
ALL THE ONES THEY HAVEW BEEN TAPPLING SINCE ALL THESE DAYS WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WITH THE FUNDS? EMBEZZLEMENT CHOPPING CHOPPING

NIGER DELTA GUYS CAN TELL YOU BETTER

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by XANDERO85: 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

The one in Anambra, Buhari and his goons at NNPC aren’t interested.....but let oil be found in Daura, even if it’s less quantity, then you’ll see them swing into action! Katsina will be receiving 13% derivation the very next month!
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by crowther15(m): 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
Openbusiness:
Watch how the killer Fulani herdsmen will resume their invasion attacks and mass killings. They want Benue State for 3 reasons: 1) extremely fertile lands 2) mineral resources 3) middle belt zone (they want the entire Middlebelt)
I just pray this thing u just said wont happen because the most fertile land in Nigeria belong to Taraba and Benue states, and if Benue is captured then Taraba is capturing is imminent. I'v been to the two states before and I can say that there are so many untapped resources in those states.

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nchenches: 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
9jawear:
when the world is switching to electric cars and alternative energies

As if the NNPC people follow modern developments.

PMB’s NNPC is all about mediocrity. Alhajis and Mallams crowded from highest offices to the lowest offices drawing their war booty.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
morgstreme:
LIAR!!!!

Oloibiri in Bayelsa.....

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2020
privaldo:

You meant to say Oloibiri, Bayelsa State.

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by privaldo: 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

I just saw it after a quick search, my sincere apologies.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
privaldo:

I just saw it after a quick search, my sincere apologies.
We learn everyday
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Toks2008(m): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2020
inoki247:
okay mak dem dey chop dere fuel pending the time wey e go dey useless...

When Fuel finally dey useless nd we can't export to sell anymore maybe we go dey bath with am, dem no gri diversify mak dem still dey find fuel up nd down...

It is already useless.

In 10 years from now U.K WILL ban cars using petrol and diesel.

This goes to show how backward Nigeria is... If there was resource control all these years shebbi many states would have used their oil to better their lot.

Let them start drinking the oil or perhaps, produce other products that is still relevant from Oil.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2020
Good news.. from food basket to oilfields....
God bless Nigeria
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Basicend: 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
When electric cars are on Vogue now. . Foolish leaders. . They don't know the meaning of diversification.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by xtervaganza(m): 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
This is why foolanis have been attacking Benue. They want to take over their land
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by ransomed: 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
This is a curse.
Another avenue for more killings.
They will soon install sarkin Fulanis to lay claim to the land.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by dikeigbo2(m): 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
outdated achievement....while the rest of world are doing away with petrol and embracing electric cars .......sleeping giant
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
JamParkMe:
Its too late. Solar and wind energy is cheaper, cleaner and more abundant than oil.

It is not cheaper yet.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
xtervaganza:
This is why foolanis have been attacking Benue. They want to take over their land

They like rats.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by johnpablo541(m): 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2020
When they say Benue Trough, they may not be referring to even benue state o.

The benue trough is a geological location and other northern states fall under it also. I think the Anambra basin falls under the lower venue trough.

What part of the Benue Trough was it discovered?

It is just like saying oil was found in the Niger delta basin, you are already referring to a lot of states, so the NNPC GMD should have given the exact location.

Geologist Abeg make una help us explain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by zoedew: 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
Hope they’ll not destroy the food basket with black carbon.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2020
deflover:

u fools should stop this narrative
fuel will never be useless
its will be a major source of energy forever even with renewable energy around
ur electric cars will need fuel the power stations will need to generate power
Yes, the electric cars built and others is to reduce the air pollution and increase air quality in the environment better than when millions of vehicles on the road, release of carbon emissions.
But it will really affect the value of petroleum especially petrol because other sources of energy efficiency will be advanced to enhance efficiency.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by frog12: 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
too late. oil will no longer be in demand.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by bigfish3k: 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
How many times will they discover and rediscover this oil in Benue trough.
Ah ah, na wao for black man
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Benue In Commercial Quantity - NNPC by Ever8090: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2020
Genea:
This is a really bad development. We have just been cursed.

Benue is known as the food basket of the nation, where a lot of farm produce are cultivated in commercial quantities. Our government which is known for exploring and creating detrimental social and environmental impacts on areas cursed with oil is alarming. A lot of fish died in Delta waters due to oil spill.

The farmlands and water in Delta are no longer fertile, reducing food production and throwing a lot of the inhabitants into fraudulent, kidnapping and other forms of criminal activities.

This news would affect Nigerians negativly, because our food source is about to dwindle by one big and important state as taxation and inflation increases with low gains from crude oil and the introduction of electric cars.

This is an evil development, my two cents.
you are right..such a great observation that is not common among our people..I am from Benue state,truth be told, oil exploration in that region is never a good idea..my brother if you come to this place and see how famers suffer on bad roads to take their farm produce,you will be shocked.
In my father's compound we sometimes allow oranges to get over ripe on the tree so that we can easily shake them off the trees to make way for another season produce.
The last oranges I sold to Hausa traders was, 500 naira per bag, I sold 312 bags I almost shed year.
I got angry I started cutting down some of the plantation field to use the land for yam farming.

In zaki Biam here in Benue state, trucks of yams not less than 200 leaves the market every day and each trucks carries about 9600 tubers of yam.
Yet our people are still leaving in thatch houses because they sake for ridiculous prices.

My step mum sold her basket of tomatoes for 250 naira. Which she could not even get buyers to buy all that she took to the market that day,she had to trow 9 basket of the tomatoes away.

I started a campaign of Facebook to call on the government attention to a need for industries for processing our farm produce,but I received insult from our youths,and finally was threatened with DSS arrest for calling out the governor on social media.

Now they are coming with this crude oil trash that will be the final destruction of our people just as they did with the people of the Niger Delta

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banji Akintoye: If We Wait For Buhari, Herdsmen Will Kill All Of Us / Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today / SSS Ejects Kayode Are From Home In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.