Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Senate Rejects Motion For Release Of Massob Leader, Ralph Uwazurike Bleep Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Senate Rejects Motion For Release Of Massob Leader, Ralph Uwazurike Bleep Nigeria (1010 Views)

Peter Mutharika Rejects T.B Joshua's Prophecy / Release Of Fluid While Sleeping, Does It Signifies You Have A Spiritual Wife. / T.B Joshua Again: I See Death Of An Argentinian Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Motion For Release Of Massob Leader, Ralph Uwazurike Bleep Nigeria by ABA4LIFE(m): 11:29am On Jun 28, 2007
A request for the release of the leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Mr. Ralph Uwazurike, was rejected by the Senate.

The motion was sponsored by Senator Uche Chukwumerije and 24 other Senators. Senator Uche Chukwumerije asked that the Senate consider the fact that the leaders of the OPC and the NDPVF were both granted bail adding that a resolution by the senate to urge the President to extend the gesture to the MASSOB leader would be a step in the right direction.

The rejection was based on a point raised by Senator Iyiola Omisore saying that the Senate could not comment on any matter in which a judicial decision was pending; so as not to affect the final outcome of the case.

He argued that the case of Uwazurike should not be compared to those of Gani Adams of the Odu‘a Peoples Congress and Mujahideen Asari Dokubo of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force because the two were granted bail by the court.

Ruling on the point of order raised by Omisore, the President of the Senate, Senator David Mark said, ”The question to ask here is, Is the case in court? Yes.

“I am aware that the case is in court. My personal advice is that his lawyers should go for bail. This is the highest law making body in the land, whatever decision we take will have effect on the system. I therefore uphold the point of order raised by Omisore,” he added.

in addition Senator Abubakar Sodangi called for the release of Major Hamza Al-Mustapha and General Ishaya Bamaiyi and other detainees. He however emphasized that the judiciary should be supported to achieve its goals. He suggested that the Senate should urge the judiciary to expedite action in the matter.

Nigeria will not succed unless they hand the power to the Ibos or split the country and no matter how they try to join us together we ain't one.

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do, I Need More Advice / vvvvfgf / The Altar(the Cross) Governs Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.