Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Pinnick: Why We Can’t Sack Rohr As Super Eagles Coach - NFF President - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pinnick: Why We Can’t Sack Rohr As Super Eagles Coach - NFF President (25772 Views)

Amaju Pinnick: Why NFF Decided To Sack Gernot Rohr / Sports Minister, Dare, Orders NFF To Sack Rohr Immediately / Why NFF Can’t Sack Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pinnick: Why We Can’t Sack Rohr As Super Eagles Coach - NFF President by afroxyz: 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2020
robosky02:

Story

They know what they are doing

How come they signed a contract were the coach is holding us to ransom?

Didn't they dictate the signing or he forced them to give them at gun point

I'm telling you facts you are arguing with nothing more than your emotions. Do you know that Rohr is currently receiving his salary in naira. That was part of the plot to get him to abandon the contract. Do you know how much his buy-out clause is?
Re: Pinnick: Why We Can’t Sack Rohr As Super Eagles Coach - NFF President by afroxyz: 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2020
lexy2014:

Stories that touch. What would have happened if it were a Nigerian coach?

Are they paying Nigerian coaches $45k a month? How many Nigerian coaches had buyout clause in their contract? Do you know how much is Rohr's buyout contract? Don't argue what you don't know
Re: Pinnick: Why We Can’t Sack Rohr As Super Eagles Coach - NFF President by lexy2014: 9:53pm On Nov 21, 2020
afroxyz:

Are they paying Nigerian coaches $45k a month? How many Nigerian coaches had buyout clause in their contract? Do you know how much is Rohr's buyout contract? Don't argue what you don't know

Am not too sure I remember arguing with u. If u can produce d argument u are referring, I will be glad. Since u said that I don't no, I will also appreciate u comprehensively answering d following questions since it seems u are an expert on d subject matter.

Let's take a look at what u said earlier:

"My guy, NFF does not have money right now. They even watered down the new contract they gave Rohr thinking he would reject it, but the hungry man collect am."

So are u suggesting NFF had d intention of getting rid of Rohr so they gave him a "watered down contract" but unfortunately for them he accepted it? What amount is d "watered down" contract and how much isnt?

So if d contract is "watered down", pls how much is d buyout clause in d contract?

Pls how much are nigerian coaches paid?

Lastly, u used d term "buy out clause". Am kind of wondering what that has got to do with d discussion. because my understanding of d term is different from d way u are using it except maybe d meaning has changed or u probably don't truly understand what u are saying. According to Wikipedia:

"A buyout clause or release clause refers to a clause in a contract that imposes an obligation on another organisation wishing to acquire the services of the employee under contract to pay the (usually substantial) fee of the clause to the organisation which issued the contract and currently employs (in professional sports also colloquially termed "owns"wink the employee."

Are we on d same page?
Re: Pinnick: Why We Can’t Sack Rohr As Super Eagles Coach - NFF President by afroxyz: 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2020
lexy2014:

Am not too sure I remember arguing with u. If u can produce d argument u are referring, I will be glad. Since u said that I don't no, I will also appreciate u comprehensively answering d following questions since it seems u are an expert on d subject matter.

Let's take a look at what u said earlier:

"My guy, NFF does not have money right now. They even watered down the new contract they gave Rohr thinking he would reject it, but the hungry man collect am."

So are u suggesting NFF had d intention of getting rid of Rohr so they gave him a "watered down contract" but unfortunately for them he accepted it? What amount is d "watered down" contract and how much isnt?

So if d contract is "watered down", pls how much is d buyout clause in d contract?

Lastly, u used d term "buy out clause". Am kind of wondering what that has got to do with d discussion. because my understanding of d term is different from d way u are using it except maybe d meaning has changed or u probably don't truly understand what u are saying. According to Wikipedia:

"A buyout clause or release clause refers to a clause in a contract that imposes an obligation on another organisation wishing to acquire the services of the employee under contract to pay the (usually substantial) fee of the clause to the organisation which issued the contract and currently employs (in professional sports also colloquially termed "owns"wink the employee."

Are we on d same page?

This is the scenario.

NFF wants to get rid of Rohr. They can't because he is still on contract. That means that have to activate his clause which stipulates tgat he has the first right to the job before NFF talks to another person. Or they pay him off.

Now there is no money due to covid and nkrmal.nigeruan factors. They gave him a watered down contract so that he can reject it. They told him he woukd.be staying in Nigeria, monitor the league and he would be paid in Naira. Thinking he woukd refuse but the hungry man took the contract. Where else in the world would he be paid $45k per month?
Re: Pinnick: Why We Can’t Sack Rohr As Super Eagles Coach - NFF President by lexy2014: 5:54am On Nov 23, 2020
afroxyz:

This is the scenario.

NFF wants to get rid of Rohr. They can't because he is still on contract. That means that have to activate his clause which stipulates tgat he has the first right to the job before NFF talks to another person. Or they pay him off.

Now there is no money due to covid and nkrmal.nigeruan factors. They gave him a watered down contract so that he can reject it. They told him he woukd.be staying in Nigeria, monitor the league and he would be paid in Naira. Thinking he woukd refuse but the hungry man took the contract. Where else in the world would he be paid $45k per month?

Mr. Man, u contradicting & confusing urself with words. U are just going round in circles. I asked u questions but u aren't able to answer any. Ur comment below suggests past tense. Something that was done before this new contract was given.

And I asked u

But here u are again repeating urself. Did NFF have d intention of getting rid of Rohr before they offered him this new contract?

I also asked u d following but u weren't able to provide answer:

In ur earlier post u talked about Rohr having a "buyout clause" in his contract. Pls address my concerns regarding that:

Is it this "buyout clause" u were referring or is there another buyout clause as used in sporting terminology?
Re: Pinnick: Why We Can’t Sack Rohr As Super Eagles Coach - NFF President by afroxyz: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
[quote author=lexy2014 post=96338693]

Mr. Man, u contradicting & confusing urself with words. U are just going round in circles. I asked u questions but u aren't able to answer any. Ur comment below suggests past tense. Something that was done before this new contract was given.

And I asked u

But here u are again repeating urself. Did NFF have d intention of getting rid of Rohr before they offered him this new contract?

I also asked u d following but u weren't able to provide answer:

In ur earlier post u talked about Rohr having a "buyout clause" in his contract. Pls address my concerns regarding that:

Is it this "buyout clause" u were referring or is there another buyout clause as used in sporting terminology?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Presented With A Special Plaque On His 100th Appearance (Pics) / Qatar 2022: Don't Waste Your Time Playing Nigeria,We Can't Stand Them - Ghana MP / Maguire Calls For Action After Pogba Is Racially Abused For Penalty Miss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.