Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey (25867 Views)

Argentina To Honor Messi After Retirement By Retiring No. 10 Jersey. / Callum Hudson-Odoi Wants Hazard’s No.10 Jersey If He Leaves For Madrid / Sergio Aguero: Why I Fainted During Nigeria Vs Argentina Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by viviangist: 7:15am On Sep 07, 2021
Former Manchester City striker, Sergio Aguero has revealed why he turned down the chance to take the No.10 shirt left vacant by Lionel Messi’s departure at Barcelona.

Aguero said it was ‘out of respect’ for the 34-year-old star now plying his trade with Paris Saint-Germain.

The Argentina International signed a two-year deal with Barcelona, having left Man City on a free transfer at the end of May. Church Prayers

He hoped to line up alongside his fellow countryman, Messi but the Argentine captain left a few weeks later, signing for PSG.

That meant Messi’s coveted No.10 shirt became available, but Aguero, who wore the same number at his previous club, Man City, opted to wear the No.19 shirt for the Catalan club.

“Refusing to wear the number 10 shirt at Barcelona?” he told Twitch streamer Ibai Llanos.

“It wasn’t that I didn’t want to, but it was out of respect for Messi.”

Aguero, who is Manchester City’s all-time highest goal scorer, is yet to make his Barca debut due to an injury he picked upon training.

The Catalan giants have also announced that Messi’s No.10 shirt has been given to teenage star Ansu Fati.

Source; https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/07/laliga-why-i-rejected-messis-no-10-jersey-sergio-aguero/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Waakanda: 7:20am On Sep 07, 2021
Good for you cool

1 Like

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by taiwotimitt: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2021
Like for CR7, share for Messi

357 Likes 243 Shares

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by xpressionx(m): 7:43am On Sep 07, 2021
Loyalty for your fellow compatriot. Nice on Kun

10 Likes

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Elove1: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2021
Unlike penaldo who forcefully collected the Jersey number 7 from cavani.. poor cavani can only accept his fate or else, it will be over for him at manu

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Sapaz02: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2021
Hmm
Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by OneKinGuy(m): 7:44am On Sep 07, 2021
d
Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Dalil8: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2021
Messi wrecked Barcelona. It's going to take more than a decade for the club to recover.

sad

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Seniorwriter(m): 7:44am On Sep 07, 2021
Your choice...

In another news if you are a lover of the game of soccer or sports fan and you yet earn from sporting activities in this time and age considering the big bucks in sports then you are very unwise.
Learn how to earn some constant $30 - $50 daily/weekly with @least a capital of $200 - $400 .....it's 99.9% risk free.
Reach out via the facebook Id on my profile's personal text for a sports trade & money management mentorship for a token of $20.....
you will be held by the hand for a this training towards the mastery and earning process even before the end of the training.

Sunisonflex39:

Good morning.. It's been ages. U forgot me na
How do you mean? I gave you an earning idea and the required steps you can take to start earning but you didn't update me on your progress.
Sunisonflex39:

Lost your contact
But you know this my NL handle....
Roysnickz:

how
If you really want to know how then reach out as I instructed.....
Stay financially intelligent!

@SENIORWRITER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2021
Ronaldo all the way

post=105567487:

We respect your decision Mr Kun.

YOU BETTER BEHAVE YOURSELF HERE!!!

WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING BUHARI, GWORO, BURUKUTU OR GRILLING MATTERS HERE!

28 Likes

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Princeton92(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2021
Your own better life will always go on, when will I have this much plenty money ehh? cry cry
cheesy
Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by slyfox35(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2021
Bros Aguero,Some 10 get weight pass other 10 o,Barca No. 10-From maradona,to Rivaldo to Ronaldinho to La puga la atomica (messi)...you see d way messi short ehn? na because of the weight of barca no 10,but inside there messi was up to the weight,bros if you wear am,within 2months,u go short like maltina bottle,For Ansu fati..let me be drinking my beer and watch him change the number later to 20

And for those of you fighting over Ororo and La puga Atomica, don't you have better things to do?
Me..I am a Strong Ronaldo fan, astute one,my room is littered with his art...but that doesn't mean I should deny myself the chance of watching them both play beautiful football..
We should be happy that we witnessed these two people,na ear our grand children go take hear,just as we take hear of pele
Sit back and enjoy them,stop arguing upandan,life is too short to kill yourself over millionaires who don't know you,just enjoy their craft

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:45am On Sep 07, 2021
“It wasn’t that I didn’t want to, but it was out of respect for Messi.”
We respect your decision Mr Kun.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2021
Like this post is you just love Messi, share if you love CR7

54 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by adebayo201: 7:45am On Sep 07, 2021
Which means the number 10 for Messi is not a brand but just a number.

Okay... We shall know the G. O. A. T and he's in a certain club in Manchester

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by penearth(m): 7:46am On Sep 07, 2021
Arise o? compatriots
Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Mr100Dollars: 7:46am On Sep 07, 2021
Even AC and BC recognize and respect the number 7.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Finnese001: 7:46am On Sep 07, 2021
cool
Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by FahBuLous: 7:47am On Sep 07, 2021
Good one kun
Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by yaromaikyau(m): 7:47am On Sep 07, 2021
What ever you will be doing on September 11, cancel it, its Arsenal vs Norwich match. Relegation derby

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by lalajnr(m): 7:48am On Sep 07, 2021
There's only one GOAT of you know you know the rear are goat

1 Like

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by FILEBE(m): 7:48am On Sep 07, 2021
Messi is Messi.
Ronaldo is Ronaldo.

Stop the comparison and enjoy football

9 Likes

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by BeardGangJnr1(m): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2021
Kiekiii:
Abi they didn't offer you
Him tink say we no knw...lols
Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by gentleman82: 7:49am On Sep 07, 2021
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire after you die. Jesus Christ love and warns you to repent and convert now to Christianity to avoid hell fire. Only Jesus Christ can save you by his death on the cross and his blood which washes away your sins, any other ways ( Islam, paganism, Hinduism, atheism, etc) can not save you. Be wise while you still have the chance accept Jesus Christ now and save your soul from hell. Be wiser than Satan and follow the one true God. This is the eternal truth from the spiritual realm.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Odiriance4all(m): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2021
Foolish aguero
Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Pidginwhisper: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2021
Dalil8:
Messi wrecked Barcelona. It's going to take more than a decade for the club to recover.

sad
More than 2 decades. The dwarf made it look like he never wanted to leave as Barca is going bankrupt already and can’t meet up his wage demand. Why can’t he take wage cut and stay and take maybe 200k per week so that the club can recover again.

9 Likes

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by lomprico(m): 7:50am On Sep 07, 2021
xpressionx:
Loyalty for your fellow compatriot.
Nice on Kun

why was he wearing 10 for man city?
Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by goodvision12(m): 7:51am On Sep 07, 2021
xpressionx:
Loyalty for your fellow compatriot. Nice on Kun
This is what i call eye service

1 Like

Re: Sergio Aguero: Why I Rejected Messi’s No.10 Jersey by Aloof: 7:51am On Sep 07, 2021
taiwotimitt:
Like for CR7, share for Messi

This Early morning, na likes wan buy you breakfast?

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okocha Graces Europa League Game Between Former Clubs Fenerbahce, Frankfurt / NPFL Matches Return To Lagos As MFM FC, Ikorodu United Gain Promotion / Napoli Beat Juventus To Win The Coppa Italia Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.