Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

The Fear Of The Lord Is The Beginning Of Wisdom - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fear Of The Lord Is The Beginning Of Wisdom (113 Views)

Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fear Of The Lord Is The Beginning Of Wisdom by chinenye497: 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
I wonder what this world is turning into. The other day, I went to sow a seed in one popular ministry.

I asked to see the man of God. The usher in charge asked why I wanted to see him, I told him, then he asked how much, I also told him.

He asked me to go inside. When I came out, another usher asked me why I went to see the man of God, not that it was any of his business, but then I told him.

He too asked me how much, I began to wonder why they were so interested in the amount.

Nevertheless, I told him 50k he said no wonder. I asked him why he said that.

He said that if it was a smaller amount like 5k or 10k, they wouldn’t have allowed me inside.

Then I began to wonder. This is a man so many people believe so much in.

The devil has really blinded so many men of God with worldly things.

Now I know he does not have the fear of God at all. Because if he did, he won’t discriminate.

The Bible says: “ The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom”. Some men of God do not fear God hence they lack wisdom.

The bible also made us to understand that wisdom is profitable to direct. And God also says “ if anyone lacks wisdom, let him ask.

When you have wisdom, God will bless you with riches just the way he blessed King Solomon.

I don’t think some of this men of God understand this. That is why they do some of things they do.

Psalm 117 says: Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. For great is his love toward us,and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. And 1 peter 1: 15 – 17 says:

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially,live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear.

When you fear God, you will hate sin. When you truly fear God, you will walk in prompt obedience, walk in health and restoration.

When you fear God, he ll guide you. Isaiah 30:21 says: Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

And psalm 25:14 says: The Lord confides in those who fear him he makes his covenant known to them.

Also read : Fear will open a doorway for the enemy to strick below

https://www.youthwinconnect.com/2020/03/26/fear-will-open-a-doorway-for-the-enemy-to-strike/

And Overcoming fear below

https://www.youthwinconnect.com/2019/06/17/overcoming-fear/

HOW TO GROW IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD

TO have the desire to honor and fear him.

We must learn to know him more.

We must learn to spend time with God.

Visit our home page below
www.youthwinconnect.com

(1) (Reply)

If You Should Ask Me What's Important To You Right Now / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:monday , November 23 2020 / Cheapest International Exams Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.