Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Unexpected Result - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unexpected Result (293 Views)

Unexpected Joy At Dawn (2018 Edition) By Alex Agyei Pdf Copy Needed / Unexpected Result / Unexpected Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unexpected Result by LIZTEJ(f): 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
SCENE 17

(Back to the workers of the house, what happens next?)

Driver: (singing) Good morning Jesus,Good morning lord i know you come from heaven (shocked to see adamu eating a large portion of food) Adamu, You is mad ni.

Adamu: Ehhh Jehovah they are back again

Driver: Yes i am back again, I am back to knock sense into that your empty brain, why is it that you lack shame, am not surprised, i know that's how you use to do

Adamu: What is it again this early morning, what have i done to you

Driver: So you don't know what you have done, ehn Adamu, Adamu, Adamu.

Adamu: Yes, adamu is here

Driver: How many times did i call you

Adamu: Three times (He answered while eating the big chicken laps)

Driver: So you know your name is adamu, that means you know your right from your left

Adamu: Of course (Concentrating on the chicken)

Driver: Now tell me what are you celebrating that you are eating Jollof rice and chicken

Adamu: Am not celebrating anything, but what i know is that this food is delicious especially the chicken, Taste it now (He stretched his hand to the driver, giving him one of his chicken wings)

Driver: Abolonjeku, ffo, Please keep your food to yourself

Adamu: You don't want, well that's okay, i will enjoy it all alone (Eating greedily)

Driver: Ah God, Adamu, Adamu, where did you keep your sense, Even the dogs in this compound are more sensible, If a dog knows the feeling of what is happening in this compound and decides not to eat well, it shows that a dog is more preferable to be the gatekeeper than you this stupid adamu.

Adamu: Eh Oga driver, respect yourself ooo, is it because have been listening to your rubbish since morning, i just dey respect you that's why i didn't talk ooo. What i do sef, se eating na crime.

Driver: I can see you really lack sense, adamu so with all that has been happening in this compound, all you could do is to serve yourself a big portion of jollof rice and chicken early in the morning, It would have been better if you ate it inside but you brought it outside to the open, telling people that you are celebrating oga's sorrow. What even pained me the most is that big 5 alive and the radio you are listening to shaking your head.

Adamu: Ah Oga driver its not like that at all ooo

Driver: Then what is it like

Adamu: My heart has been so bitter this days that i couldn't eat, my appetite don run, I had no choice but to do something to clear my thoughts, so when i saw aunt Vera this morning, she said there were some leftover food in the kitchen for the dogs, When i got to the kitchen, i opened the freezer and the food i found inside the pot was brand new, the chicken was tempting, so i asked her if i could take some before giving the dogs and she said if the food isn't spoilt i can eat it, so since she cooked the food yesterday afternoon i knew it's not spoilt that's why i decided to buy this 5 alive juice to step down.

Driver: AH adamu, so the food you ate is even meant for the dogs, you are so shameless.

Adamu: What else could i do to clear my thoughts am so depressed.

Driver: So, What if you are depressed, na only you depression catch or is this how your mate clear their thoughts, idiot, no be only 5alive you suppose buy, you suppose throw party because you wan clear your head, Senseless fellow.

Adamu: Don't insult me oo, my anger no be play play ooo

Driver: Keep quiet shameless fool (he left the scene while adamu was still shouting)

(A knock at the gate)

Adamu: Who is that one

Samson: Open

Adamu: Am coming, take am easy (opens the door)

Samson: Didn't you hear me knocking, come on open the big gate make my car enter, i wan see madam.

Adam: okay i dey come

Samson: Please hurry (He went back to the car)

Driver: AH oga sir, long time ooo

Samson : Hmmm i can see you are all enjoyimg yourselves (Looking at the food in front of adamu)

Driver: Enjoy ke, that's not my food ooo,am not stupid like some people, am too sad to eat

Samson : Really, why is that ?

Driver : Oga u suppose know now, u no even come visit us

Samson: please don't be crossed with me, you know have been busy i wondered wen i didn't see you and madam in the hospital after i paid the hospital fee

Driver: Hospital ke, what do we want to do in the hospital after the great loss of my small madam

Samson: Which madam?

LIGHT OUT

What will happen next ?

(1) (Reply)

Freelancing Work / Help With Ideas For A Book. / Caught In The Pot. The Author Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.