Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,951 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 (39701 Views)

Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) / Nigeria Faces Worst Recession In 40 Years – World Bank / Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by elgramz: 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2020
Coldie:

Ipob I hail o
You are a big fool!!! Stupid cone headed vulture
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Tumii94: 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2020
Bubu and recession 5 & 6
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by tartar9(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2020
Bennycollins:
Silly comment from you. Obviously you lack knowledge. Oil price fall present an ample opportunity for aNY oil producing nation with 4 refineries. WWE export a barrel at about 40 $, when a barrel can yield up to $100 in refined products. I can educate you further on this. But these clueless old men in government keep borrowing to finance railway that contribute little or nothing to GDP. We Xport crude and import refined products even from Niger republic now. Where do Niger get the crude from? I hope I am giving you small sense? Some of those refineries are owned by Nigerian leaders, the very people you are blindly supporting here. The worst-hit nations by Covid-19 have not slided in to any recession not to talk of their biggest since 1987. So who is being illiterate here?
What sort of bare faced lie is this sad
Covid-19 recession have affected a lot of countries and done far worse in countries like the US.
We don't even have to be touched by covid-19 to feel the economic impacts. That's simple econs 101.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by drakeskull(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2020
haaryobhami:
in Nigeria history,we have faced recession 4 time now and 3 of d 4 was under buhari administration.
the man is a collosal failure and he is empty upstairs,I believe he is God punishment for d evil that has been happening in Nigeria.
all his tenure is synonymous to failure,tears,sorrow, anguish and suffering.
it shall not be well with the bastards still defending this man and God will make there life like d tenure of buhari.
how can someone be so empty and full of bad luck like buhari?.

'Sigh' Buhari, Grand Commander Frequent Recession (GCFR).
Like someone said, They are so busy locking down the accounts of young activists that they forgot to stimulate the economy.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Coldie(m): 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2020
elgramz:

You are a big fool!!! Stupid cone headed vulture
Are u not ipob?

Y is it vexing u that am hailing u?
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by haaryobhami: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2020
Basher8583:

Well you just exposed yourself as a stark illiterate with a touch of bigotry. well done
buhari worshipper calling me stark illiterate when u literally worship an illiterate and a brain dead vegetable.
isn't ironic?
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by just2endowed: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2020
AndroBlaze:
When you are all tired of blaming Buhari for your inabilities to impregnate your wives...kindly mention any other major country in the world (besides China) that is not experiencing negative growth thanks to Coronavirus.

We were never in lockdown in entire and country did not provide pallative to 4% of the population...
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by just2endowed: 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2020
Openbusiness:
Mr man I don't need NY times news article to teach me about Buhari regime. I lived under Buhari as a dictator in Nigeria, and I lived under IBB. Buhari is a disaster. The same way he tried to oppress the civilian population back then with his scam KAI campaign to cover up for his economic failure, so people won't protest against him, is the same way he sends the killer Army and enforcement out to suppress the civilian population today from protesting against his economic failure of today. Different era, same tactics.

Bros even if I didn't live during his first failure Era, what I did was to read up his history of his first administration and why he fail. I remember during 2015,i never supported him, he's economic policy was a total failure and I tried to show people, but many think I am for current regime
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Bennycollins: 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
I wonder that you still think you are talking to a kindergarten.Google the US economy today and find out the GDP growth rate in the 3rd quarter. and that of Germany and the French.
tartar9:

What sort of bare faced lie is this sad
Covid-19 recession have affected a lot of countries and done far worse in countries like the US.
We don't even have to be touched by covid-19 to feel the economic impacts. That's simple econs 101.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2020
Kayharry:

You are good at shifting the blame away from buhari so from 2015 to 2020 na Gej cause am or na shagari cause am too. Or let's say from 2019 to this moment . Buhari is a failure it's as simple as that .

It's like you didn't read the last paragraph of my original comment.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Eriokanmi: 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2020
History555:

U still remember dele alake. Buhari no just remember that man
What a pity. He was supposed to hold the office of garba shehu today. The day apc appointed him as Buhari's senior media aide, I called him on phone that I saw the info on channels tv. He says surprised and the next thing to happen was the reversal of the appointment in favour of garba shehu on the instruction of buhari. Fear fulani because their lion's skin colour can never change
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Smartjob1(f): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2020
I am sure he doesn't understand what is going on in the economy.

This is laughable.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Gerrard59(m): 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2020
Okuda:

Funny enough this is what older folks told us in 2014, but we refused to listen and we thought that he would be the end to the issues we have in Nigeria. Nigeria is not a country. What beats me is how he even was able to garner the amount of votes he had in 2019. It was such a shame. Even the Buhari we know sef is too dull to organize a rigging ring. So his "minions" were able to do it for him and give him the votes. I for rant on and on but make i leave matter. I still blame Jonathan for bringing this curse of a man onboard due to the things he did not do right.

Which older folks? You mean someone like Wole Soyinka who was 50 years in 1984 yet supported Buhari in 2015? undecided

After five years, you still blame Jonathan? grin

Una never see anything yet! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Timfreds(m): 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2020
Nigeria has entered the second recession 2 months back, they didn't just want to make it public since.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by naijadrivablog: 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2020
Enjoy the consequence of your decisions.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Okuda(m): 7:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
Gerrard59:

Which older folks? You mean someone like Wole Soyinka who was 50 years in 1984 yet supported Buhari in 2015? undecided

After five years, you still blame Jonathan? grin

Una never see anything yet! grin

Omo i no dey follow una suffer o. Lol
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by emoney09: 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Gerrard59(m): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2020
Okuda:

Omo i no dey follow una suffer o. Lol

Good enough. I am just happy that Nigerians are suffering 'cos they deserve to. Come 2023, I will campaign for El-Rufai and even sponsor his jingles across radio stations.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by NGpatriot: 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2020
UK is in a recession.

The whole of Europe is in a recession

America is in a recession

Russia is in a recession

Japan is in a recession

South Korea is in a recession

South Africa is in a recession

So, what's so special about Nigeria that it can not be in a recession when the whole world is in a recession?

The kind of silly rubbish Igbos and anti Nigerian elements obsessed over is getting more and more laughable and ridiculous.

God Bless Nigeria

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Okuda(m): 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2020
Gerrard59:

Good enough. I am just happy that Nigerians are suffering 'cos they deserve to. Come 2023, I will campaign for El-Rufai and even sponsor his jingles across radio stations.
i dont get....what do you mean? you want make we suffer more or what?
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Gerrard59(m): 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2020
Okuda:

i dont get....what do you mean? you want make we suffer more or what?

Nigerians must pay for the mistake they committed in 2015 whether they like it or not. Well, the Buhari I know has already made them pay for it in the first half. The second half just started. Elections have consequences, and these consequences, they must face. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Okuda(m): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2020
Gerrard59:

Nigerians must pay for the mistake they committed in 2015 whether they like it or not. Well, the Buhari I know has already made them pay for it in the first half. The second half just started. Elections have consequences, and these consequences, they must face. cool
grin grin evils.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Grandmeister(m): 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
Gerrard59:

There was no way Buhari would have relinquish power in 2019. Which is why he should not have been elected in 2015. We warned but were called Tanoids.

Y'all deserve Buhari, enjoy! grin
Some of my misguided friends were saying “if Buhari messes up we will vote him out like GEJ” and I asked them “you think Buhari will allow your votes matter like GEJ? 2019 many of them couldn’t go out to vote because the government made the environment too volatile to go out and vote.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by chozzy: 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2020

Useless foolish man calling
himself president

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by ashala(m): 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
I truely shudder when I see some people support this man called Buhari.
Someone whose track record has shown without any doubt that he is totally bereft of ideas when it comes to handling the economy of this country.
One of his die hard loyalists claimed that the current situation in the country is because of slide in price of crude and also due to Covid and I ask, was it also what led to the same economic crises when Buhari was in Power as a military head of state??
It is no happenstance that whenever this man takes over leadership in Nigeria people sufffer, it's simply due to his gross incompetence which Zombies that support has failed or pretended not to see.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by ashala(m): 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
[quote author=NGpatriot post=96294369]

So, what's so special about Nigeria that it can not be in a recession when the whole world is in a recession?

The kind of silly rubbish Igbos and anti Nigerian elements obsessed over is getting more and more laughable and ridiculous.

God Bless Nigeria

[/quot

Hey you, better shut that your mouth there.
So what happened when Buhari was in power first ruled this country?
Why did we enter Recession immidietly he took over
Keep on defending him
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by youneedjesus: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2020
What is the implications for common man.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by McTobe(m): 8:18pm On Nov 21, 2020
How will it look if one just use all his liquidity to buy dols just waiting for the country’s recovery? Las las The Almighty should heal this country it’s the only one we have...#rays of the judgement
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by ibietela2(m): 8:28pm On Nov 21, 2020
Golan007:

Buhari left office in '85.

There was RECCESSION when Buhari forced himself on NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Prof. Sonaiya, The Only Female Presidential Aspirant In The 2015 Election [PICS] / Kwara Governor Drops Senate Ticket Under Pressure. / FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.