Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 (39713 Views)

Young Orji Kalu Complained About His Delayed Recognition In 1987 (Throwback Pix) / Nigeria Faces Worst Recession In 40 Years – World Bank / Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Charly68: 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2020
Even when there was civil war ,no recession, what has gone wrong with our leaders? Yet they are jumping up and down scheming for 2023 ,i pray God arise and screen them by himself in Jesus name
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Josywhyte: 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2020
This recession no affect our polithiefians o. So when next u wanna post something on recession,exclude these mother fuckers called politicians
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by nnamdi640: 9:00pm On Nov 21, 2020
The so called zombies lead us to this. Am sure the real change they expected has just started.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Tekrify(m): 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2020
No offense sir ..u are the real illiterate..
It clear that the 2015 recession was caused by oil prices.. all oil exporting countries were all badly hit and went through similar economic problems..
China just had a mission to distroy the world with Corona..and as far as ur a Human being which a country under in this world u must be affected cuz that how the system works...the world except china us
experiencing negative growths...UK alone is experiencing the worst in about a century.. Germany has a similar case...

Buhari is not a wizard.. If you study this two event like an intelligent person and compare other countries u will see that whether GEJ or Okonjo iweala or sowore ..u name the best people to be in that seat it will still have affected us...
Although it no doubt that buhari has failed but in this case u can't technically blame him..

One the aspects of how the Nigeria economy works and how nations built their economy ..it still revolves what I said ..no matter how the economy is ..it will still feel the impact..so you mean almighty UK or Germany or the US that had negative growths..their economy were rubbish...

The corona impact is unavoidable but the crude oil prices could have been avoided if the past leaders like OBJ, GEJ Babangida and all the past leaders didn't design out economy to be solely dependent on oil...
Inshort if u blaim buhari for this recession and praise past leaders then ur a big fool...
Cuz the 2015 recession was as results of the failure of past leaders to diversify the economy...
Simple
Angelfrost:

You are the illiterate sir... Go read up how nations grew their economies from the ground up.

I am tired of educated people condoning mediocrity when it comes to leadership.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Angelfrost(m): 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
Tekrify:
No offense sir ..u are the real illiterate..
It clear that the 2015 recession was caused by oil prices.. all oil exporting countries were all badly hit and went through similar economic problems..
China just had a mission to distroy the world with Corona..and as far as ur a Human being which a country under in this world u must be affected cuz that how the system works...the world except china us
experiencing negative growths...UK alone is experiencing the worst in about a century.. Germany has a similar case...

Buhari is not a wizard.. If you study this two event like an intelligent person and compare other countries u will see that whether GEJ or Okonjo iweala or sowore ..u name the best people to be in that seat it will still have affected us...
Although it no doubt that buhari has failed but in this case u can't technically blame him..

One the aspects of how the Nigeria economy works and how nations built their economy ..it still revolves what I said ..no matter how the economy is ..it will still feel the impact..so you mean almighty UK or Germany or the US that had negative growths..their economy were rubbish...

The corona impact is unavoidable but the crude oil prices could have been avoided if the past leaders like OBJ, GEJ Babangida and all the past leaders didn't design out economy to be solely dependent on oil...
Inshort if u blaim buhari for this recession and praise past leaders then ur a big fool...
Cuz the 2015 recession was as results of the failure of past leaders to diversify the economy...
Simple

Your opinion sir... We are all entitled to ours.

I will argue no further...

At the end of 8 years of two tenures, we all will bear witness to the successful job being done by Buhari administration. Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Tekrify(m): 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
4 5 and 6 are very very easy for us to achieve but those first three ... grin grin grin
1.) Nigeria can only generate 12GW of power...we need up to 33GW to have 24\7 ..that will require billions of dollars ..meaning trillions of naira...
If u doubt that browse the average cost of building a 1GW plant and now multiply buy the gap we need to fill...
2.) Honestly there are more serious road construction during this failure's tenure (Buhari) Dan in other tenures..I still question my self why the Bleep are we building raillines now...why are we still building Lagos Ibadan road..PDP really drove us backwards in terms of infrastructure... atleast when the dead buhari retire there are projects he will be remembered for eg Lagos Ibadan rail line and the express road , second Niger bridge etc...what exactly can we remember from the entire 16 years of PDP..

Lastly...the refinery is nothing but a dream..and unnecessary cuz all the entire state don't have crude oil besides the key thing is to build one that can attend to our needs as a country..and Dangote is working on it
Abdullahi2018:

You don't make excuses for this fuckers. Firstly, Nigeria and Africa as a whole have stronger immune system than the west. That is why we are not worse hit like them. Secondly, after corona virus is over, U.S will still be the No.1 economy in the world. Where are we going to be?
A couple of questions you should be demanding are:
1. Uninterrupted power supply
2. Good road network
3. Atleast one refinery in each state of the federation
4. All states and federal offices should be computerized and interlinked
5. Database for all citizens.
6. Mandatory national I.D card and voters card. These should be a requirements for driving: cars, okada etc.
Are these things difficult to achieve?
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Tekrify(m): 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2020
There is nothing to argue cuz my facts are all true no matter how u try to twist ur defence...
We are still vulnerable to the dynamics of this world..the same way G7 countries are...

Another big fact is That buhari is nothing but a complete failure period...but you know why I believe OBJ and other past leaders are worst ..it because during their times where crude oil was fucking sweet dey saw no reason to ask their selves what if the opposite happens what do we do...so therefore we were still enjoying and relaxing until the flips side happened and now we had no alternative...had it been that those demons made an alternative like agriculture...we won't suffer this much...
No wonder buhari keep stressing on the agriculture cuz apart from Gas which has a promising future it the only alternative...

Bro how to lay ur bed is what u will eventually lie on it...
Those old Buffons like OBJ(forget the shitty debts he paid) and ko laid it bad..we are all unfortunately feeling the heat with this dictator
Angelfrost:

Your opinion sir... We are all entitled to ours.

I will argue no further...

At the end of 8 years of two tenures, we all will bear witness to the successful job being done by Buhari administration. Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Angelfrost(m): 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2020
Tekrify:
There is nothing to argue cuz my facts are all true no matter how u try to twist ur defence...
We are still vulnerable to the dynamics of this world..the same way G7 countries are...

Another big fact is That buhari is nothing but a complete failure period...but you know why I believe OBJ and other past leaders are worst ..it because during their times where crude oil was fucking sweet dey saw no reason to ask their selves what if the opposite happens what do we do...so therefore we were still enjoying and relaxing until the flips side happened and now we had no alternative...had it been that those demons made an alternative like agriculture...we won't suffer this much...
No wonder buhari keep stressing on the agriculture cuz apart from Gas which has a promising future it the only alternative...

Bro how to lay ur bed is what u will eventually lie on it...
Those old Buffons like OBJ(forget the shitty debts he paid) and ko laid it bad..we are all unfortunately feeling the heat with this dictator

Middle ground... We are on the very same page here!!! Buhari's inadequacies are largely hinged on the failures of OBJ and GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Tekrify(m): 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2020
A true sensible person that what u are
PhiliptheArab:

Good points raised. In a way, what happened between 2009 to date is the mirror image of what happened between 1973-90. Oil prices go up, the economy does well, oil crashes, and all of a sudden everything goes bad..

The issue with this your comment though is that it is very difficult to point the fact that oil prices crash is what is causing our economic collapse.

Anti-Buharists and most Nigerians would blame you for excusing government failure.
Pro-Buharists would promptly say...see it isn't our guy's faullt.

Something similar is happening in Venezuela. Everyone blames Maduro for the economic crisis, as well as Chavez, while everyone else blames 'The Yanquis'. Meanwhile, Venezuela went throough the same issues back in the 1980's....when they had a government that was friendly to the US.

It's very difficult to have a discussion on economics on this site..

Still, let's be frank. Buhari and company should have realized from the word go that our economy is too linked to oil, and should have formulated a plan of action to deal with it.Likewise, PDP too should have had a plan since yesterday...or even 20 years ago. But both sides don't want to do the hard work of diversificaiton.

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by MisterKings(m): 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2020
But wait is it impossible to impeach this man?
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Tekrify(m): 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2020
No one said he isn't..but we must also me Intelligent in analysing things not sentimental
Kayharry:

You are good at shifting the blame away from buhari so from 2015 to 2020 na Gej cause am or na shagari cause am too. Or let's say from 2019 to this moment . Buhari is a failure it's as simple as that .
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Tekrify(m): 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2020
This present politicians have no opportunity at all ........those with the real opportunities where OBJ, abacha, Babangida and co..cuz that was when Niger Nigeria was flowing with milk and honey...

There is an excuse for the failure of Nigeria and it simply because of the failure of the last leaders to diversify...
Buhari has a share though ..bu u just got to give it to those idiot who rulled us in the military era... ironically they were very young at that time..
Reference:

Oga. Governments are not elected just to exist. They are not elected like most of you think to demonstrate some tribal, sectional or religious satisfaction. Governments are elected to secure and prosper the people who place them there.

There is no excuse for failure. If people are worse off in anyway the government has failed. Trump has gone because of the way he handled the virus pandemic, race relations and many, many other things HE DID NOIT CAUSE.

So to lay up negative events as a shield for poor response, poor handling and eventually poor outcome is a subscription to future failure. Every government elected subsequently will then have an excuse to fail and democracy becomes meaningless because there will always be challenges. That is life.

As a matter of fact it is great difficulties that make for great leadership. Winston Churchill, Nelson Mandela, Abraham Lincoln, JFK, Mahatma Ghandi will never be forgotten, not for the good times but for how they handled the worst times in the history of those nations they served.

Today we and our kids love our Superman, Batman, Spiderman, James Bond, Ethan Hunt's because the human spirit appreciates those who rise to daring challenges and overcome great adversity.

Look young man. This present set of leaders have the greatest post independence opportunity to write their names for all eternity in the annals of true Nigerian heroes because of the adversity they face. DONOT GIVE THEM THE REASON TO SQUANDER IT by cultivating excuses or only infamy will be left.

That is a sure word of legacy.

Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by calcal: 10:56pm On Nov 21, 2020
Buhari no dey talk on TV, na only photo we dey see
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by LikeAking: 11:14pm On Nov 21, 2020
Nigeria ToTo.
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Abiboss: 11:29pm On Nov 21, 2020
AndroBlaze:
When you are all tired of blaming Buhari for your inabilities to impregnate your wives...kindly mention any other major country in the world (besides China) that is not experiencing negative growth thanks to Coronavirus.
Are you thinking with your Anus, did any of this country you mentioned, increase taxes on there citizens? Did they suddenly increase their fuel pump price? Think before you spill trash idiot
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by DedeNkem: 2:20am On Nov 22, 2020
blacknp:
How about the Pdp Governor of your state you voted for, what happened to him?, how has he empowered you? Charity they say begins at home, why cry President Buhari in Abuja, are you an Almijiri from Yobe State?

If you had taken a little time to read few of my previous posts, you won't make that st*upid comment! I've been blasting Okezie IKPUazu as the worst governor in the country.

I criticize bad politicians based on facts and not based on some f*ucking ethnic or zonal bull*shit like you! I don't give a Bleep if I like someone or the person is my relative, if you mess up I'll criticize you but if you do well you'll get my praise.

I'm not a political slave like you who's used by corrupt and incompetent policians.

I'm neither a fucking PDP member nor an APC member! These two political Parties are filled with the same criminals! That's why the country is a complete mess! All they do is to move from one Party to the other every year to continue looting public funds!

Buhari is a total failure, whether you are blind and foolish to see it or not!
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Abdullahi2018: 7:54am On Nov 22, 2020
On your first point, why are we supplying neighbouring countries (N/B: more than one country) power if we don't generate enough?
Second point, you are making excuses for APC (APC=PDP they are the same). Buhari has been there for 5 years and counting, why is the east/west road not fixed? Why are other existing road not maintained.
The Refineries you think is a waste will make Nigeria to be exporting refined product to other African countries. You think Dangote refinery will meet our demand? Then why are we signing an agreement to import refined products from Niger.
My friend be like me and stop making excuses for them. They are either bunch of illiterates or thieves.

Tekrify:
4 5 and 6 are very very easy for us to achieve but those first three ... grin grin grin
1.) Nigeria can only generate 12GW of power...we need up to 33GW to have 24\7 ..that will require billions of dollars ..meaning trillions of naira...
If u doubt that browse the average cost of building a 1GW plant and now multiply buy the gap we need to fill...
2.) Honestly there are more serious road construction during this failure's tenure (Buhari) Dan in other tenures..I still question my self why the Bleep are we building raillines now...why are we still building Lagos Ibadan road..PDP really drove us backwards in terms of infrastructure... atleast when the dead buhari retire there are projects he will be remembered for eg Lagos Ibadan rail line and the express road , second Niger bridge etc...what exactly can we remember from the entire 16 years of PDP..

Lastly...the refinery is nothing but a dream..and unnecessary cuz all the entire state don't have crude oil besides the key thing is to build one that can attend to our needs as a country..and Dangote is working on it
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by AustineJohn908(m): 7:58am On Nov 22, 2020
blacknp:
Blame the Useless States that have failed to be productive, & stop behaving like an Ostrich blaming the FG for a system that it is only a part of, I should blame President Buhari for what Okowa did with N214 billion in 2018, & N216 billion in 2019 statutory allocation. Yet the state was only able to generate N74 billion 2018, N77 billion 2019 IGR?

No electricity intervention by the state Government , despite NDDC & DESOPADEC, no schools, no roads, no street lights, no public housing, no agricultural revolution in the state, no enlightenment of the people, yet they claim we are practicing democrazy? I should just sit down and blame President Buhari & The Federal Government? Thank You, I did that when I was in secondary school.
Did you tell us to blame our state govtnors doing Jonathan time? If you didn't, then you are a big hypocrite
Re: Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 by Tekrify(m): 8:35am On Nov 22, 2020
Your simply ignorant about the happenings in Nigeria or most likely filled with half story...
We are still importing fuel cuz there is no working refinery..
That agreement with Niger is to ensure the full supply of fuel until dangote comes alive..if u been actively following the need you will notice there were times some media were predicting fuel scarsity...

Secondly Google is your friend... Dangote refinery is the largest single line refinery in the world and by capacity is by far the biggest in the whole of Africa...
650,000 barrels per day...

That refinery surpasses our demand..
Inshort it like you don't know dangote and monopoly ..so in your mind now u thought he will build a refinery that can't meet up to all our demands and live the rest for another company to take ...lol.. Go and read what he did to cement grin grin grin that alone should give u an idea...
Until that refinery comes online ..we still import fuel from which ever source..

Am not Buhari supporter..but by far since 2014 the global economy has not been smiling do there is little he can ..what did OBJ and ko do when the land was flowing with milk and honey?..
Blaim GEJ for not completing his east to west road... besides...that same road is being completed by buhari..some months ago Goodwill akpabio got buhari approval to fund the completion...I ask u ..why the hell should buhari be building a road to Jonathan village...so channel ur anger to GEJ too..
Nevertheless buhari has failed but be intelligent in fully analysing things....
And the part where u doubt dangote meeting our demands grin grin grin grin what a complete joke it like u haven't been to ibeju lekki to see how massive that thing is..try using Google map to view the site u will be amazed...and it like you don't know that Dangote thinks big..that refinery will monopolize the petroleum industry in Nigeria the same wey fertilizer and cement is ..peace
Abdullahi2018:
On your first point, why are we supplying neighbouring countries (N/B: more than one country) power if we don't generate enough?
Second point, you are making excuses for APC (APC=PDP they are the same). Buhari has been there for 5 years and counting, why is the east/west road not fixed? Why are other existing road not maintained.
The Refineries you think is a waste will make Nigeria to be exporting refined product to other African countries. You think Dangote refinery will meet our demand? Then why are we signing an agreement to import refined products from Niger.
My friend be like me and stop making excuses for them. They are either bunch of illiterates or thieves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Notorious Bandit Kingpin, Bello Turji Has Embraced Peace / Oshiomhole: I Will Be In Ondo, The State Is Important To Us / Buhari Loses His Senatorial Unit To Accord Party

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.